Fallout 4: Los Angeles Boneyard or Boston Commonwealth?

communist gamer

Jul 9, 2014
Something other then the USA i hope. You can make the fell of the 1950 B rated scifi movie anywhere, and the american culture has been done from every possible angle there is not much to add. I mean we even had a comie hating robot that was obsessed about his high school and though girls are icky. I want to see the post war USSR, europe or china

Don Incognito

Feb 6, 2013
It really ought to be Detroit.

I know, I know, "Detroit already looks like a post-nuclear wasteland, hurrdurr," but hear me out.

One of the crucial bits of pre-war lore in Fallout is America's "annexation" of Canada.

Detroit is right on the border. Right across the Ambassador Bridge (and the tunnel! talk about a Fallout setting) is Windsor, Ontario, Canada. We can see America's aggression through someone else's eyes for once, and a particular unique perspective at that: no Canadian city is more dependent on America than Windsor.

Moreover, thematically, it makes a lot of sense. So much of the sort of 1950s Americana that Fallout trades in focuses on cars, after all. Why not explore the home of the auto industry? Other bits of Detroit history could be nodded to as well; there could be a raider group that calls itself The Purple Gang, for instance.

Detroit is full of old art deco buildings that would be fun to explore, like the Mall section of Fallout 3. Detroit is also home to an enormous underground salt mine, which would be a great setting.

Finally, the Motown-based radio stations would be the greatest things ever.

Zannah

Jan 27, 2010
I'm going to toss Mexico city as described by Raoul into the ring. Either way, just let me join the enclave proper, this time around?

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
evilthecat said:
Ceasar's Legion was also part of the plot of a cancelled Fallout game.
The Legion eventually made it in a released game, thus making it canon.

And at the same time, everything about the Legion from the cancelled game that didn't make it into New Vegas is still non-canon.

legend of duty

Apr 30, 2011
Florida is just too good of a location to ignore. Miami, the everglades, and the nearby islands to explore. Not to mention, I want giant mutant alligators and anacondas.

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks they need to drop the usual locales and move the game to the Southeast, especially Florida. I know it's supposed to be a wasteland, but mix things up a little bit. Everglades, swamps, thick forests, marshlands, mutant alligators and snakes, islands, Victorian houses and architecture, beaches. Just way too much great material here.