Fallout 4 Mod Adds Full Sentence Dialogue

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Fallout 4 Mod Adds Full Sentence Dialogue

Ever accidentally get snarky with one of your companions? This mod may help.

The first time I met Nick Valentine, I was accidentally an asshole to him. I liked the guy. He was very noir, almost exactly like what I would imagine a
robot humanoid Dick Tracy would look like. However, dialogue options in Fallout 4 show paraphrased versions of what your character will be saying during conversations, and more than once I've selected an option that ended up being completely different from what I thought it would be.

Thanks to Full Dialogue Interface [http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1235/?], an English translation of Shadwar's Russian NewDialog mod for Fallout 4, the full responses from your character will be included for all conversations, with persuasive options still colored.

"This mod makes the game display the full lines of what your character is going to say in conversation, instead of just a paraphrase," the description reads. "Thanks to shadwar's work, it also revamps the interface so that the game will now display dialogue options in a list and use the number keys for input, instead of clustering all of them together and forcing you to use the arrow keys."

[gallery=5055]

You can download Full Dialogue Interface here [http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1235/?].

Fallout 4 released on November 10.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
The Hungry Samurai said:
I haven't saved Valentine or met him yet and if you have just explained to me that he's a Synth WTF spoilers?
Considering that half his face is missing and he outright tells you that, I don't think it's much of a spoiler.

AnthrSolidSnake

Jun 2, 2011
It's a step in the right direction, but it's still the incredibly watered down conversation replies. However I doubt anyone can really do anything without removing the voice acting.

The Hungry Samurai

Hungry for Truth
Apr 1, 2004
Bindal said:
The Hungry Samurai said:
I haven't saved Valentine or met him yet and if you have just explained to me that he's a Synth WTF spoilers?
Considering that half his face is missing and he outright tells you that, I don't think it's much of a spoiler.
Fair enough. So far the only Synth's i've met have tried to kill me.

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
The Hungry Samurai said:
Bindal said:
The Hungry Samurai said:
Fair enough. So far the only Synth's i've met have tried to kill me.
Yeah I had no idea until I actually saw him in person about that, and it was a pretty big surprise to me. Apparently he was in some of the promo material, but I can't say I saw it myself (I tried to go in as blind as possible).

Point is, I'd still consider it a spoiler. Nothing major, but it was a pleasant surprise when I met him.

Edit: on topic, totally getting this mod as soon as possible, now to just get a mod that flies my power armour to my location Iron Man style, then two of my biggest gripes so far will be sorted ^^

Zulnam

Feb 22, 2010
Nice one Bethesda. Now, besides fixing the bugs, the modders also have to fix your schitty design choices.

Demagogue

Sperm Alien
Mar 26, 2009
Zulnam said:
Nice one Bethesda. Now, besides fixing the bugs, the modders also have to fix your schitty design choices.
Except for it isn't a shitty design choice... it is a design choice You (and others) happen to not agree with, but there is nothing wrong with their design choice. It works well for both PC and Consoles, the interface is quick to maneuver with, without taking a huge amount of space.

You may not like it, that is your opinion and you are more than welcome to it. In their opinion it was the interface that functioned best for the requirements they had. Just like Lizzy's opinion that the mod makes dialogue better (which really should read dialog interface, I think) is her opinion

kuolonen

Nov 19, 2009
Zulnam said:
You say that like it is a new thing with Bethesda? I mean seriously, I couldn't imagine playing Skyrim without UI mods for more than a half an hour, before I would succumb to the urgent need to bite my own hands off.

OT: It was only a matter of time, and it's only going to get better. Looking forward to being able to get my companions to stay at the
Institute

Dying_Jester

Jul 17, 2014
This is real nice, but I'm going to hold off using any mods until I've had my first fill of everything at least once without mods.
That and it amuses me to pick the sarcastic response without first knowing what will be said.

Blazing Hero

Feb 20, 2015
Thank god a modder fixed that dialogue system. I have very few complaints but that was the biggest one. Bethesda really screwed up with that ideas implementation...

ShakerSilver

Professional Procrastinator
Nov 13, 2009
Making it more descriptive is certainly a decent change. Too bad the system itself is still incredibly flawed and so simplistic that really impactful dialogue choices are rare as fuck. The only fix for that would be a complete overhaul of the system that drops VO, increases options, and adds more consequences for your dialogue choices - something we won't see until "Skyrim 2" is released.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Demagogue said:
Zulnam said:
Except for it isn't a shitty design choice... it is a design choice You (and others) happen to not agree with, but there is nothing wrong with their design choice. It works well for both PC and Consoles, the interface is quick to maneuver with, without taking a huge amount of space.

You may not like it, that is your opinion and you are more than welcome to it. In their opinion it was the interface that functioned best for the requirements they had. Just like Lizzy's opinion that the mod makes dialogue better (which really should read dialog interface, I think) is her opinion
Yes. I've been saying since Bethesda first announced this entire dialog system that there is literally no downside to it. People will either like it or they won't and within the first couple months modders will change it back to something like the old system and get rid of the player voices, either way everybody gets what they want before long, instead of just the ones that DON'T like the dialog system. People that have and continue to be whining about the new dialog system just hate change too much to recognize that they'll get exactly what they want if they just wait a bit and are too selfish to care about anybody else.

CeeBod

Sep 4, 2012
Most downloaded mod ever for Skyrim is SkyUI, fixing Bethesda's shitty UI design.
2nd most downloaded mod for Oblivion (Oblivion Mod manager is first) is Darnified UI, fixing Bethesda's shitty UI design.
Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas had so many different UI replacer mods, there were even mods created for the sole pupose of organising and tailoring all of of the different UI mods you wanted to run together, to replace the shiity UI design.

When it comes to UI design, Bethesda are about as much use as Anne Frank's drumkit.

Mar 9, 2012
immortalfrieza said:
Yes. I've been saying since Bethesda first announced this entire dialog system that there is literally no downside to it. People will either like it or they won't and within the first couple months modders will change it back to something like the old system and get rid of the player voices, either way everybody gets what they want before long, instead of just the ones that DON'T like the dialog system. People that have and continue to be whining about the new dialog system just hate change too much to recognize that they'll get exactly what they want if they just wait a bit and are too selfish to care about anybody else.
Instead of dismissing the criticism of the dialogue as "whining about change" out of hand, how about actually examining it and responding to the arguments? I read the pre-release complaints too, and I dare say they have been proven right; the system is a noticeable downgrade that effectively and severely restricts role-playing.

This mod only really solves the problem of the incredibly vague wording of choices as others in this thread has mentioned. There are still the problems of only ever having four dialogue choices, the choices themselves having a very limited impact, and Charisma being the only thing ever used for speech checks.

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
immortalfrieza said:
Demagogue said:
Zulnam said:

I'm sorry but heavily crippling an RPG's roleplaying to the bare minimum is by any definition inherently bad.
Instead of telling others to install mods and fix the game, maybe you and people like you shouldn't be playing RPG games if you don't like RPG games. Fallout 4 is at best an action shooter thanks to people that don't like roleplaying, reading and actually thinking about what they need to do.

Zulnam

Feb 22, 2010
immortalfrieza said:
Demagogue said:
Zulnam said:

Whatever you may think of the dialogue system, the fact of the matter is that this could have EASILY been an editable option from the Settings menu, thus pleasing everybody.

Want proof for that? It took seven days for a mod to be released that changes the dialogue system.

OOOhhh, we can't put a few larger buttons with more text in our game. It might bug the AI!