Fallout 4 Mod Adds Full Sentence Dialogue

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
This is precisely why I decided to wait a month or two to pick up Fallout 4, I knew 2 things would happen
1: It would have bugs
2: It would have some questionable design decisions that some modders (bless your hearts, every one of you) would give you the option of changing.

TallanKhan

Aug 13, 2009
Demagogue said:
Zulnam said:
Nice one Bethesda. Now, besides fixing the bugs, the modders also have to fix your schitty design choices.
Except for it isn't a shitty design choice... it is a design choice You (and others) happen to not agree with, but there is nothing wrong with their design choice. It works well for both PC and Consoles, the interface is quick to maneuver with, without taking a huge amount of space.

You may not like it, that is your opinion and you are more than welcome to it. In their opinion it was the interface that functioned best for the requirements they had. Just like Lizzy's opinion that the mod makes dialogue better (which really should read dialog interface, I think) is her opinion
I take your point although I would argue otherwise. While truncated answers that summarise a response is a legitimate creative choice (even if people might not like it), anecdotal evidence would suggest that the way this has been implemented has left people unable to select the appropriate conversation choices as the summary responses do not accurately convey the content or tone of the actual response that selecting this option will trigger. That's poor design in exactly the same way that shots being intercepted by invisible walls is poor design.

Zulnam

Feb 22, 2010
Demagogue said:
Yes, it took seven days for a mod to be released that changes the dialogue system...

The full nude mod for FO4 was on the Nexus on the 14th, which would be four day for a mod to change something Bethesda did. Does that mean that they should have included a settings option for the nude preference by default in the game? Because by your logic, it does.

FYI that mod has also been downloaded 30k more times than the UI Fix (granted probably because it has been available longer) it is currently the 3rd most downloaded mod, behind the Configu Tool tweaks, and the enhanced wasteland presets.
What are you even talking about...? One is an erotica graphic modification that would make the game 18+.
The other is a HUD option so simple it could be activated/deactivated from the Settings menu.

Don't do logic.

urishima

Nov 9, 2015
Ftaghn To You Too said:
While this makes the system slightly better (and shows how wacky Bethesda is for not including this in the first place) the dialog system as a whole remains terrible. This is a flaw that I don't think will be easily fixed by modding.
Yeah, it's a much needed UI fix, but the dialog system is still crippled by restricting the player to only 4 choices, which is probably the thing that single handedly killed actual roleplaying in Fallout 4.

I wouldn't be suprised if we saw a mod that overhauled the story, in 4 or 5 years. Same overall storyarch, but 'proper' dialog-options.