Fallout 4 rumored to be Xbox One exclusive

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
http://www.examiner.com/article/fallout-4-xbox-one-exclusive-rumor-details-revealed?fb_comment_id=fbc_522456414458106_5359678_522988617738219#f322fa38b4

I call bullshit on this one but I am also nervous if this is true, part of the reason I was comfortable being able to not pick up an Xbox One is knowledge that Fallout would still be available on PC.

(I would miss Halo so dearly)

Still, just a rumor. Wait till E3.

It wouldn't make sense from both a traditional or business perspective, DLC coming out first I can understand, the game itself?

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
Well that's fucked that if its true, looks like no Halo or Fallout for me next gen. Bethesda have been cuddling up to Microsoft already with the Skyrim DLCs, damn what if the next Elder Scrolls is Xbone exclusive too? I am gonna have nightmares.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
A friend of mine said that the next Elder Scrolls was rumoured to be Xbone exclusive as well.

Of course, this is all definitely rumour at the moment, but it would be a hell of catch for the Xbox One if true.

But then what do Bethesda have to gain from making it exclusive? Surely they would make tonnes more money putting it on all the platforms possible.

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
I have a hard time believing this. A quick glance at VGChartz suggests that 360 sales for both 3 and New Vegas were at best equal to combined PS3 and PC sales. I don't know what could possibly convince Bethesda to exclude half of their audience, assuming console loyalties persist across generations.

Don Incognito

Feb 6, 2013
I don't want to say I'd overreact, but if this turned out to be true, I would burn everything.

Everything.

Chris Tian

May 5, 2012
Launcelot111 said:
I have a hard time believing this. A quick glance at VGChartz suggests that 360 sales for both 3 and New Vegas were at best equal to combined PS3 and PC sales. I don't know what could possibly convince Bethesda to exclude half of their audience, assuming console loyalties persist across generations.
VGCharts does not track digital sales, so the PC numbers should be alot higher in reality. As far as I'm aware, a good chunk of Bethesdas fanbase is on PC, because of the absolutly awesome modding community.

OT: I dont belive that, they would loose over half ther potential customers, even more if the XBone doesn't sell so good this gen.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Yeah... We sure this isn't just like the timed exclusive dlc in Fallout 3 and Skyrim?

The_Lost_King

Oct 7, 2011
I don't give a crap about fallout 4 because Bethesda great at ES, but not at FO. I do feel bad for FO3 lovers if this is true though.

Mr Cwtchy

Jan 13, 2009
I'm gonna go ahead and say nahp, not gonna happen.

I'd wager Bethesda makes a significant chunk of it's money from PC sales, there's absolutely no reason for them to go exclusive to any platform.

alphamalet

Nov 29, 2011
IMO Fallout 3 was a broken, sloppy, boring, shallow and overall unenjoyable experience. If it wants to go exclusive then I'm not going to be losing any sleep over it.

Norrdicus

Feb 27, 2012
Naah, they would not do that. Timed exclusive at most, but Bethesda gets such cash mountains from other platforms that Microsoft couldn't possibly buy a true exclusive from them.

Now, let's say Patrick from Gianbomb isn't just throwing random titles out there. Let's say Fallout 4 is an Xbone exclusive, just to play with the idea. My reaction?

"Bye Bethesda, nice knowing ya, call me when your next game is like Morrowind!"

Thoughtful_Salt

Mar 29, 2012
Well damn, I guess I have to get an xbone then. Oh well. It's not like I have a pc anyways, just a 360 and a mac.

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
Chris Tian said:
Launcelot111 said:
VGCharts does not track digital sales, so the PC numbers should be alot higher in reality. As far as I'm aware, a good chunk of Bethesdas fanbase is on PC, because of the absolutly awesome modding community.

OT: I dont belive that, they would loose over half ther potential customers, even more if the XBone doesn't sell so good this gen.
In reality, if they don't track digital sales, then their figures for PC are essentially useless.

Anyway, I'm confirmed to not be getting a console this generation, at least for a good few years due to university budget, so I'm stuck with an admittedly-nice laptop I recently bought. SO possibly no Fallout 4 for me :(

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
This'll never happen. I could at most see it being a timed exclusive (even that's incredibly unlikely), but a full on one? Nope. Bethesda knows they'd get more money from going multiplatform, and they've always been PC first (apart from Skyrim's DLC)

If the planets align and this actually happens though? No need to worry. We have Wasteland 2 on the way.