Fallout 4 Teaser Site Heats Up With Nuclear Winter

Tono Makt

Mar 24, 2012
I really, really, really hope that Fallout 4 will be available for Xbox 360. I suppose if it's available for PC I could do that too, but I really don't want to play this on PC if it's like Fallout 3.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Voulan said:
Dr.Awkward said:
899 corpses... Hmm, that number is a bit conspicuous. Why do I have a feeling you're the last member of Vault 119?
That was my thought too. By god I hope this is real.

Although after people were speculating that it may take place in the Commonwealth, I was hoping to play as an android... perks would actually make sense then. Although you could always be in an experimental vault designed to integrate androids with real people, and somewhere along the line it was forgotten.
No, android wouldn't be able to use stimpacks (and we need those dammit) or drugs
But cyborg or orgbot on the other hand could use chems
And cybernetic brain would explain skills, perks, HUD and GUI

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
blackrave said:
Voulan said:
Dr.Awkward said:
899 corpses... Hmm, that number is a bit conspicuous. Why do I have a feeling you're the last member of Vault 119?
That was my thought too. By god I hope this is real.

Although after people were speculating that it may take place in the Commonwealth, I was hoping to play as an android... perks would actually make sense then. Although you could always be in an experimental vault designed to integrate androids with real people, and somewhere along the line it was forgotten.
No, android wouldn't be able to use stimpacks (and we need those dammit) or drugs
The Fallout androids still have flesh and blood, though. I don't know how intricately they are connected to its mechanical systems (although Harkness revealed they can even eat and digest food as normally as any human), but presumably they could still take stimpacks. No idea how that would affect them, but they could still take them.

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
Tono Makt said:
I really, really, really hope that Fallout 4 will be available for Xbox 360. I suppose if it's available for PC I could do that too, but I really don't want to play this on PC if it's like Fallout 3.
i'm guessing you ran into a load of bugs? personally i think mine crashed once or twice, but that was it. also the mods for fallout 3 were pretty awesome so there's that.

i wouldn't mind a next gen only release though, it would certainly give the devs less restraints in terms of size, but then again i've seen what bethesda could do with skyrim so i wouldn't be too concerned either way.

also, obligatory EEEEEKKKKKK I HOPE IT'S REAL!!!

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Voulan said:
blackrave said:
The Fallout androids still have flesh and blood, though. I don't know how intricately they are connected to its mechanical systems (although Harkness revealed they can even eat and digest food as normally as any human), but presumably they could still take stimpacks. No idea how that would affect them, but they could still take them.
Then someone at Bethesda failed their robotics homework
Androids/gynoids are fully synthetic beings that only resembles humans (closest thing to humans they can have is organic outer layer- skin, hair, etc. But that is only cosmetic component, unnecessary to operate)
What you have described is closer to orgbot- fully organic body (bones may or may not be synthetic) with fully synthetic control unit (brain) that can be programmed. Organic parts of orgbot are vital to their operation.

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
blackrave said:
Voulan said:
blackrave said:
Then someone at Bethesda failed their robotics homework
Androids/gynoids are fully synthetic beings that only resembles humans (closest thing to humans they can have is organic outer layer- skin, hair, etc. But that is only cosmetic component, unnecessary to operate)
What you have described is closer to orgbot- fully organic body (bones may or may not be synthetic) with fully synthetic control unit (brain) that can be programmed. Organic parts of orgbot are vital to their operation.
Perhaps it is purely cosmetic then. All I recall is that the androids are definitely machines, but the amount of effort put in to make them appear human sometimes makes them think they are human, or at least should be. I don't think they actually rely on those functions though, so maybe stimpacks wouldn't work.

My mistake. Still, I'd like to play as one.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
... Am I the only one excited to see the Commonwealth? Granted, I didn't play Fallout 1 and 2, so the only context I have for it is the words of Dr. Zimmer back in Rivet City, but it definitely sounds interesting.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Voulan said:
Perhaps it is purely cosmetic then. All I recall is that the androids are definitely machines, but the amount of effort put in to make them appear human sometimes makes them think they are human, or at least should be. I don't think they actually rely on those functions though, so maybe stimpacks wouldn't work.

My mistake. Still, I'd like to play as one.
True, this would make game closer to simulation (similar to DeusEx), because HUD and GUI would be part of actual world, not just a system that provides information to player
And protagonist could even think that everyone is like that
"How do you navigate so well?"
"I just occasionally pay attention to my compass."
"Compass?"
"Yes, that thing that floats down there."
O_O... "Boy, are you on jet or something?"

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
ThunderCavalier said:
... Am I the only one excited to see the Commonwealth? Granted, I didn't play Fallout 1 and 2, so the only context I have for it is the words of Dr. Zimmer back in Rivet City, but it definitely sounds interesting.
It was never mentioned before in FO1/2
Closest thing to Commonwealth was Vault City, but location doesn't match

camazotz

Jul 23, 2009
Add me to the "super excited and it better not be a troll" pack. Desperately need me some next-gen (current gen?) Fallout 4!!!

Playful Pony

Clop clop!
Sep 11, 2012
Psychobabble said:
It would kind of funny if this turned out to be a fan made expansion like Falskaar for Skyrim.
That very thing would be pretty awesome to me I expect. Nearly all of my favorite gaming experiences of all time comes from fan-made content for already exsiting games, and a mod for Fallout with THIS level of presentation would have to be something really special...

I am definently watching this in anticipation, desperately trying (and failing) to keep my hopes down so as to not be disapointed... I have waited for Fallout 4 ever since NV ran out of content for me.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
ThunderCavalier said:
Only played FO 3 and a bit of New Vegas, but where exactly is the Commonwealth?... >.>

OT: PLEASE DON'T BE A HOAX! Loved Fallout 3, and while New Vegas was a bit meh to me, it was still okay, hopefully this one will be great!

digital warrior

Oct 17, 2008
I don't know bout most people, but when I'd take fallout 3 over oblivion, or Fallout NV over Skyrim any day(note not calling them bad games just found fallout games better). Even fallout 3 had more places to use speech or roll play than Skyrim or Oblivion ever did, and Fallout NV was better in every way to its predecessor(last steam count had it roughly 350 hours). I really don't want this to be a hoax, need me some more fallout goodness.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
bringer of illumination said:
I just wanna know if they're gonna use the god damned Gamebryo engine again, that engine is so fucking awful.
Probably not considering they have the Creation Engine to work with, you know... what Skyrim uses. Wouldn't be smart to use an older engine when they have their newest one available.

OT: Hopefully this isn't a fansite but an actual Fallout 4. We'll see what Bethesda has to say about this soon enough I guess.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
If this turns out to be a a very well-thought out hoax, I'm going to cry. This has got to be one of the coolest ways you could advertise a new game. I'm really interested in learning about the new vault and what went down.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Now I feel extra dumb not playing enough Fallout games. The numbers 119 and 899 have got to be significant somehow. The could even be one of these:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ArcNumber

looks like we'll have to wait a week to get the truth.