Fallout 4 Teaser Sites Broadcasts Ominous New Message

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Fallout 4 Teaser Sites Broadcasts Ominous New Message

The teaser site at thesurvivor2299.com is sporting a few changes, including a new message in morse code.

Thesurvivor2299.com went live Alien Noire [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/129650-Rumor-Bethesda-Teases-Next-Fallout-With-New-Website-UPDATED]" countdown from earlier this year that teased a Prey 2 reveal but turned out to be an elaborate fan site.

Legit or not, the countdown is ticking away, and the site has seen some changes over the past few days. The main clock is now accompanied by a separate countdown and message warning that "Nuclear winter is coming" (and yes, you may feel free to make Game of Thrones jokes in the comments) and the morse code message has changed as well. It now says, "OZ De SZ Msg + EF Is Hit II EF Is Hit K," over and over, which doesn't make a lot of sense on its face but nonetheless bears a certain ominous quality.

At first I thought EF might be Reddit [http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Signal_Echo_Foxtrot], they posit that OZ, SZ and EF represent other locations and that the message thus translates into, "Bridgeport this is Concord - Quabbin is hit - repeat - Quabbin is hit." All three locations are in the New England area of the U.S., which corresponds to the Commonwealth region in the Fallout universe and dovetails nicely with the non-U.S. date format of the original coded message.

There's still no confirmation that this is an actual Fallout 4 teaser site but as one Reddit commenter put it, if it is a hoax, whoever's behind it is a genius. The Survivor 2299 countdown timer will hit zero on December 11 - perhaps not coincidentally, the same day as the Spike VGX Awards - but the warning of nuclear winter says it will arrive ten days earlier, on the afternoon of December 1. Might be something worth keeping an eye on.

Source: The Survivor 2299 [http://thesurvivor2299.com/]

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
If it is a hoax, it's a damn good one.

If it isn't, well... I better get my Yao Guai Ushanka out, we're going on an adventure...

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Renegade-pizza said:
Has anyone deciphered (what I assume) the morse code?
From the post said:
the morse code message has changed as well. It now says, "OZ De SZ Msg + EF Is Hit II EF Is Hit K," over and over, which doesn't make a lot of sense on its face but nonetheless bears a certain ominous quality.

Parshooter

Sep 13, 2009
This is going to be the Mass Effect three reveal all over again. By the time of Spike's VGAs when the trailer's world wide reveal is shown all the codes will add up to is a hoax of misdirection as Bethesda will probably be using the same bloody enhanced gamebryo engine they always use.

Still going to buy the game and what ever consoles my friends have to play it though fallout3 was the first game I had for Xbox and even if New Vegas was better I can't wait to get back to some wasteland.\

I just can't care about this count down or the reveal.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Meaning could be this "?Bridgeport this is Concord -Message- Quabbin is hit ? I repeat ? Quabbin is hit?

Found it here http://guardianlv.com/2013/11/fallout-4-conjecture-caesars-legion-desmond-lockheart-and-survivor-2299-code-breakdowns/?shared=email&msg=fail

Any thoughts?

Erico Basilio

May 28, 2013
holy crap!

the Morse code has changed
"E T 314 7 EMRG MSG NEW YORK STAGE 7 WASHINGTON STAGE 7 LOS ANGELES STAGE 7 AUSTIN STAGE 7 CHICAGO STAGE 7 NEW ORLEAN STAGE 7 LAS VEGAS UNKNOWN MIAMI STAGE 7 DALLAS STAGE 7 DENVER STAGE 7 SAN DIEGO STAGE 7 SAN FRANCISCO STAGE 7 BOSTON CRA UNIT BST 314 7"

CRA stands for Charles River Associates!

Kahohess

Sep 12, 2011
"Nuclear Winter is coming" !! Come on ! They stole my line frome the previous post i made !!

Oct 30, 2010
Nuclear winter is coming? I guess we'll know for sure if it is better or worse than walking the Mohave.

Lerola

Feb 23, 2013
Skyrim was all covered in snow, now the Fallout world will be all covered in snow...
Guys, I see a pattern here...

Mike Kayatta

Minister of Secrets
Aug 2, 2011
Andy Chalk said:
"Nuclear winter is coming"
Clearly this is an official Game of Thrones/Fallout IP medley, a la Aliens vs. Predator. After the nukes dropped during The Winds of Winter (spoiler!) the timeline split into two realities: one is A Dream of Spring, the other is Fallout 4. With the world little more than a Song of Fire and Cancer-Causing Radiation, the Greyghouls and the Super Lannisters fight to gain control of the Gusty Throne, a +1 rad/sec chair made of discarded robot arms. As George R.R. Martin has decided to write the script himself, with Bethesda handling development, an extremely buggy version of the game (that will only represent half of the story) is expected to launch with PlayStation 5.

the7ofswords

Apr 9, 2009
OK, so as much as I want this to be the real deal, I have to maintain some skepticism.

I am not a violent person by nature (well, outside of video games, of course), but if this turns out to be a hoax, the perpetrator(s) must be hunted down and severely thrashed.

That is all.

Foxlord

Mar 31, 2011
Mike Kayatta said:
Andy Chalk said:
"Nuclear winter is coming"
Clearly this is an official Game of Thrones/Fallout IP medley, a la Aliens vs. Predator. After the nukes dropped during The Winds of Winter (spoiler!) the timeline split into two realities: one is A Dream of Spring, the other is Fallout 4. With the world little more than a Song of Fire and Cancer-Causing Radiation, the Greyghouls and the Super Lannisters fight to gain control of the Gusty Throne, a +1 rad/sec chair made of discarded robot arms. As George R.R. Martin has decided to write the script himself, with Bethesda handling development, an extremely buggy version of the game (that will only represent half of the story) is expected to launch with PlayStation 5.
All I have to say is, mate, that was brilliant. I have no idea what to make of the website, but I hope to hear something soon.

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
Look, I really want a Fallout 4, I really do. But...

... I also really want this to be all fake. The amount of hype that is going into this is incredibly silly. It's got me curious, sure, and I won't lie, I find it kind of fun. But it's just a tad much, what with the countdown clock and all. To see this turn out as a hoax will have me roaring with laughter for hours on end! The amount of rage and disappointment will be hilarious!

Does that make me a bad person?

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
Lerola said:
Skyrim was all covered in snow, now the Fallout world will be all covered in snow...
Guys, I see a pattern here...
I do hope they take the opportunity of including a Ghoul faction ("No, I told you, we're Draugr...") rebuilding a ship named Naglfar, tasking you to collect nails for them.

4173 said:
Nuclear winter is coming? I guess we'll know for sure if it is better or worse than walking the Mohave.
Imagine the NCR sending a recon unit there.

NCR Trooper, pouring snow from his boot: "Well, that'll learn me to keep my trap shut..."

AlotFirst

Mar 29, 2011
War Penguin said:
Look, I really want a Fallout 4, I really do. But...

... I also really want this to be all fake. The amount of hype that is going into this is incredibly silly. It's got me curious, sure, and I won't lie, I find it kind of fun. But it's just a tad much, what with the countdown clock and all. To see this turn out as a hoax will have me roaring with laughter for hours on end! The amount of rage and disappointment will be hilarious!

Does that make me a bad person?
No, but truth be told, if you genuinely find joy in the rage and disappointment of others it might make you a bit of a sad person. :/