Fallout 4

endtherapture

Nov 14, 2011
Is there any news of a Fallout 4 by Bethesda or Obsidian?

If there is a Fallout 4, what improvements that Skyrim made to TES would you like to see made in the next Fallout game?

What would you like to see in the next Fallout game?

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
Fallout 4 is being made by Bethesda sadly :( Okay well I still trust that they'll make an amazing game, its just i liked New Vegas more than 3.
Still, hopefully they've taken a few pointers from Obsidian, and with the Creation engine the game should look and play much better.

I actually dont know what I expect in the next one, I mean most of the big threats to the wasteland have been dealt with, The Enclave is utterly destroyed, Im assuming the NCR winning at Hoover Dam is going to be the canon ending so no Caesars Legion. It would have to be out east again im assuming due to the NCR having dominated the Midwest. Of course they could always do a game set when the NCR is finally collapsing due to over extending its reach, and breaking down into warring city states. I could see that being very interesting

Smeggs

Oct 21, 2008
Currently there's really no mention of when Fallout 4 will come out. People jokingly say it'll be out in about ten years, since that's how long it was between Fallout2 and Fallout3.

Improvements they should carry over:

-Sprinting. That was a godsend in Skyrim. I was so happy to see that sprinting function in the first gameplay trailer that I almost crapped myself. Fallout's wastelands are fun to explore, yes. The landscape is mostly too bumpy and craggy to properly use a motorcycle in such a large game. I want to at least be able to run places rather than fast traveling. Also, maybe I'd be able to keep ahead of those damned Deathclaws for the extra second I need to get through a door.

-I'd really love some kind of mount to ride. As Skyrim has shown, Bethesda is totally for making gravity-defying horses. Why aren't there any mutant horses or, hell, even a mountable Yao Gui or something? BEAR CAVALRY!

-Make sure to keep iron-sights. That was my favorite part of New Vegas. I used manual aiming down my iron sights more than I used V.A.T.S.

-I really liked Skyrim's skill system. It made it much easier to become a Jack-of-all-Trades, and allowed me to explore multiple skills at once. I can't really effectively become a Bare-Handed/Gun/Energy Weapons/Physical damage sponge all at the same time in Fallout. That much spread over so many different skills would leave me desperately lacking in other places...like LOCKPICK VVV

-I really like how lockpick in Skyrim just makes it easier to pick harder locks or gives you some good perks. I was able to open Master locks without ever putting in any skill points. Cost me a lot of lockpicks,but whatever. It always pissed me off in the Fallout games that if I wanted this amazing gun I'd have to actually sacrifice my GUNS skill to raise my LOCKPICK just to open a door to get it. "Okay, this lock is average, need Lockpick of 50." *Level up, dump all points into Lockpick...SKILL AT 49*

-A much longer and better thought out story. Skyrim's campaign was noticeably longer than either of the Fallout games, which could literally be knocked out within a day of playing from start to finish. Hell, if you remember where the vault your father is in is you can skip going to Megaton and Rivet City altogether and just go there. Beat the campaign in about ten hours, once. Seriously underleveled and it was tough, but beat it.

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
Smeggs said:
Currently there's really no mention of when Fallout 4 will come out. People jokingly say it'll be out in about ten years, since that's how long it was between Fallout2 and Fallout3.

Improvements they should carry over:

-Sprinting. That was a godsend in Skyrim. I was so happy to see that sprinting function in the first gameplay trailer that I almost crapped myself. Fallout's wastelands are fun to explore, yes. The landscape is mostly too bumpy and craggy to properly use a motorcycle in such a large game. I want to at least be able to run places rather than fast traveling. Also, maybe I'd be able to keep ahead of those damned Deathclaws for the extra second I need to get through a door.

-I'd really love some kind of mount to ride. As Skyrim has shown, Bethesda is totally for making gravity-defying horses. Why aren't there any mutant horses or, hell, even a mountable Yao Gui or something? BEAR CAVALRY!

-Make sure to keep iron-sights. That was my favorite part of New Vegas. I used manual aiming down my iron sights more than I used V.A.T.S.

-I really liked Skyrim's skill system. It made it much easier to become a Jack-of-all-Trades, and allowed me to explore multiple skills at once. I can't really effectively become a Bare-Handed/Gun/Energy Weapons/Physical damage sponge all at the same time in Fallout. That much spread over so many different skills would leave me desperately lacking in other places...like LOCKPICK VVV

-I really like how lockpick in Skyrim just makes it easier to pick harder locks or gives you some good perks. I was able to open Master locks without ever putting in any skill points. Cost me a lot of lockpicks,but whatever. It always pissed me off in the Fallout games that if I wanted this amazing gun I'd have to actually sacrifice my GUNS skill to raise my LOCKPICK just to open a door to get it. "Okay, this lock is average, need Lockpick of 50." *Level up, dump all points into Lockpick...SKILL AT 49*

-A much longer and better thought out story. Skyrim's campaign was noticeably longer than either of the Fallout games, which could literally be knocked out within a day of playing from start to finish. Hell, if you remember where the vault your father is in is you can skip going to Megaton and Rivet City altogether and just go there. Beat the campaign in about ten hours, once. Seriously underleveled and it was tough, but beat it.
Pretty sure Bethesda already confirmed they were working on Fallout 4, ill give it about 2 years, since that was roughly the gap between Oblivion and Fallout 3

Zenn3k

Feb 2, 2009
Smeggs said:
Closer to the time FO3 was released, I did a few speedruns. My fastest time was 3 hours, and that was not using the glitch to go through one of the walls. I was level 4 when I finished :)

Gmans uncle

Oct 17, 2011
Yeah theres a Fallout 4... it's called New Vegas.
OT: I would personally really like to see a FO game take place in Hawaii, an island setting would be an interesting change.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
I'd like to see some dual-wielding, because you bet it'd be fun to charge into battle with two machetes, two SMG's, or a machete and SMG both equipped. If you dual-wield, you can't look down the sights of a firearm, and what weapons you can dual-wield is based on strength.

camazotz

Jul 23, 2009
As long as it isn't an MMO count me in, I've logged hundreds of hours in both FO3 and FO:NV.

kuyo

Dec 25, 2008
GonzoGamer said:
I'd like to see them make a game that works.
But that's never going to happen.
Bethesda makes games that work, mostly. Maybe I've just had good luck, but the bugs were hardly ever game breaking and Skyrim hardly ever crashed during the 100+ hours I've played it.
Obsidian, on the other hand has no business making Bethesda games. New Vegas had two or three people on QA, I think, and that number really ought to have at least two digits. that game had bugs in the main questlines.
Anyway, I wanna see a Fallout game set in China. They're just as nuked to shit as the US and I'd like to see their side of things for a change. And it better come with ridable bicycles; there's no excuse for bicycles to not work.

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
Because of this thread I went to check out their webpage and apparently they have a game called Dishonored in development. It looks REALLY interesting. The art director worked on Half-Life 2 apparently... Anyway, thanks for that OP; I wouldn't have known about if I hadn't gone looking because of this thread!

In regards to Fallout 4... Well, I would like to see the world having realistically progressed. Seriously. It's been what? 200 years since the war? Even the inhabited places look run-down and and filthy. Is no one in FO universe OCD about their cleaning?

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
GonzoGamer said:
I'd like to see them make a game that works.
But that's never going to happen.
Yeah I totally agree, I would love to see Obsidian write a storyline that I believe wasn't open-ended and weak, in a game world that doesn't have so many glitches and bugs that the sheer weight of it all causes the ground to open up and swallow you.

Bethesda will be making Fallout 4 as they have the rights over the series to make them. They lent F:NV to Obsidian and made F3, I'm almost Pete Hines said something along the lines of "We didn't buy the rights to an excellent game series just to make 1 then shelve it."

So I repeat, I could've sworn I read somewhere that Fallout 4 will be made by Bethesda, most probably on Skyrim's engine; and I'm glad it won't be Obsidian. Fallout 1 was great, Fallout: New Vegas - far from it.[footnote]But don't take my word as 100% truth, just as massive, overwhelming hunch created from multiple lost sources.[/footnote]

AdeptaSororitas

Jul 11, 2011
ANON88UK said:
Its time Fallout left the U.S and based it somewhere else instead
YOu do realize that the entire feel and purpose of Fallout revolves around the fact that the setting is 50's era cold war paranoia. It simply would not work in any other country.

ANON88UK

Oct 5, 2011
AdeptaSororitas said:
ANON88UK said:
YOu do realize that the entire feel and purpose of Fallout revolves around the fact that the setting is 50's era cold war paranoia. It simply would not work in any other country.
The cold war and the 50s only happened in the U.S ?

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
ANON88UK said:
AdeptaSororitas said:
ANON88UK said:
The cold war and the 50s only happened in the U.S ?
Cold War participants US v USSR; On the sidelines are the rest of the world. Everyone was crapping bricks over it and taking sides (sort of), but the main participants were the US & the USSR.

Another factor to the Fallout Universe is that nobody knows what the world outside the states is like. It would be a huge change to the series to be set elsewhere, but I feel that the games' setting is starting to get a bit stale in the USA.