Fallout 4

HyenaThePirate

Jan 8, 2009
Whilst I believe that the time between sequels for studios is shrinking rapidly, especially now that "franchise" series tend to be yearly money makers for some companies (see: Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, etc) I pretty much doubt a decent Fallout title would surface before 2014. If they were this far along for a fall 2012 release, we'd have seen this trailer back at E3 hands down. Most companies start marketing, at least virally and using gaming media about a year to two years out from the game even being DONE, let alone released. How long ago did we see a trailer for Final Fantasy Versus and how long til its release?

What you might have stumbled upon is perhaps some sort of DLC for New Vegas. That's about the best expected outcome for it. Otherwise you'd have seen the trailer at some big special event when tons of people are watching, not sneaked out like an egg fart in church on some dude's piffy (unofficial) youtube channel.

Looks to me like someone just wanted to apply for a job with Bethesda without filling out an application.

Byere

Jan 8, 2009
Mr.PlanetEater said:
Byere said:
Not sure if serious or trolling; but in any case;
Washington DC is actually not in Maryland nor is it in Virgina. The full DC area including the greater metro area covers territory in both Maryland and Virgina; hence why Fallout 3 lets you partially explore these two states.

As for why it is called Washington DC when its in Maryland/Virgina and Washington state is on the other side of the continent? Well George Washington was the first president of the United States of America, and since Washington DC is the nations capital it would only be fitting to name it after the first president. Also Washington DC is not called Washington DC all the time most of the time its called by its formal name District of Columbia; or commonly abbreviated as DC.

High-ho geography/U.S. History!
No, not trolling, just REALLY bad at Geography, particularly as I live on the other side of the pond.
The only reason I said just Maryland is I could only find really far zoomed out maps on Google and nothing specific and it looked like it was just in that area, so again, my mistake.
However, thanks for the lesson. You really do learn something new every day. In this case, not only the reason why Washington DC is located where it is, but also what the DC stands for :D

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
Fake. San Francisco If I remember rightly has been... Chinafied. As it was taken over by a group of Chinese submarine survivors. They completely changed the look of San Francisco to match their now destroyed homeland of China. It's now got a completely oriental look. It's also the home to a brotherhood of steel chapter, and some cultists.

It's a very well done fake, But San Francisco isn't considered a major settlement in any of the Fallout lore, unlike DC, Vegas, vault city, Toronto... so I doubt it will be the setting for another fallout game. Toronto has my bet.

SweetNess_666

Sep 2, 2009
Dam I was getting excited about fallout4 from the trailer but then read its Probs fake, very well made though whoever made that should be making these things professionally for company's :)

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
It would be kinda of a dick move, with bethesda strongly hinting at the setting of the highly technological commonwealth all the way through fallout 3 to then up and move it to San Francisco.

Rex Fallout

Oct 5, 2010
The Artificially Prolonged said:
It would be kinda of a dick move, with bethesda strongly hinting at the setting of the highly technological commonwealth all the way through fallout 3 to then up and move it to San Francisco.
... don't really see how that's a dick move. You might still visit the commonwealth somewhere along the line. Beside's the next game made AFTER fallout 3 was New Vegas. Close to Frisco, no where near the commonwealth. Just saying.

I'd be totally cool with this. However I'd like the next game to be about central U.s. I'm talking a huge area, like all of Kansas, with Kansas City being the place a new power house post war government rises, similar to the NCR. Then Caesars Legion was defeated in NV, and whats left of it runs east to the the DC area and the Ruins of New York City. They set up a new capital there with a new Caesar and call it New Rome. Then Somewhere down the line we have a HUGE war between the three factions, either causing a second apocalypse, or reuniting an old nation. After all that was done, then you could move Fallout out of the U.S. and see other areas.

moses19online

Feb 23, 2011
Byere said:
bussinrounds said:
Byere said:

DC is on the east coast.
Oh really? Huh... well aside the fact that I'm English, my Geography is crap anyway :p
So why is it called Washington DC if it's in Maryland and Washington (the state) is on the other side of the continent?
HAHA, good question, DC stands for district of Columbia, and its not in Maryland, its not officially in any state, its kind of ridiculous actually

hoboman29

Jul 5, 2011
FAKE you can tell by the music choice both of the new Fallouts used 50's period songs in the teaser this so called reveal uses a thin remix of the New Vegas title theme Bethesda's not that lazy to recycle a song like that far a game like Fallout 4 they would have come up with a new song.

Death Claw Hunter

May 22, 2012
No it was not fallout new Vegas was not fallout 4 it was more like a filler to entertain people.
That is why it was not names fallout 4.

Skoldpadda

Jan 13, 2010
Death Claw Hunter said:
No it was not fallout new Vegas was not fallout 4 it was more like a filler to entertain people.
That is why it was not names fallout 4.
Yes, thank you. We knew that a year ago. When this thread was made. Welcome to the Escapist.