Fallout 4

Melon Hunter

Chief Procrastinator
May 18, 2009
mirror said:
moses19online said:
Europe would be cool for FO4 but I think what I really want to see would be a Fallout set in Texas. A ravaged Houston to explore would be awesome, and they could have the DLC be in San Antonio(Alamo) and one in Austin/New Brounfels area, maybe even one where u go south of the border. and cant forget Big Bend. Dont see this ever happening but I would love it.
It's been done- Brotherhood of Steel. Although I would not blame you for denying its existence.
I thought Brotherhood of Steel was set in Chicago? Or am I thinking of Fallout Tactics?

mirror's edgy

Sep 30, 2010
Melon Hunter said:
mirror said:
moses19online said:
Europe would be cool for FO4 but I think what I really want to see would be a Fallout set in Texas. A ravaged Houston to explore would be awesome, and they could have the DLC be in San Antonio(Alamo) and one in Austin/New Brounfels area, maybe even one where u go south of the border. and cant forget Big Bend. Dont see this ever happening but I would love it.
It's been done- Brotherhood of Steel. Although I would not blame you for denying its existence.
I thought Brotherhood of Steel was set in Chicago? Or am I thinking of Fallout Tactics?
According to The Vault: Brotherhood of Steel is in Carbon, Texas. Tactics is in Chicago.

yuval152

Jul 6, 2011
Akisa said:
Fallout 4 was released, it's just called New Vegas >.>
Nope.([link]http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_4_FAQ[/link])

OT:as others already said,its fake.

HazelrahFiver

Oct 12, 2009
I hope it's fake. Fallout 3 is my favorite game (with well over 1000 years put in), but F:NV proved to me that too much of a good thing truly is a bad thing. I rushed through the game and only did enough to get all the trophies/achievements. Should have spent another year or more playing, but I just wanted to get it over with. If Fallout 4 IS in the works, I don't want it to come out until at least 2013, and frankly I'd be fine with waiting until 2015.

Joerg Jaeger

Aug 9, 2011
Gee, that would be so nice. I am going bongo.
I replay New Vegas again to really have every angle played on that game.
I hope that it is true, even though it may be fake.

Joerg Jaeger

Aug 9, 2011
My only
HazelrahFiver said:
I hope it's fake. Fallout 3 is my favorite game (with well over 1000 years put in), but F:NV proved to me that too much of a good thing truly is a bad thing. I rushed through the game and only did enough to get all the trophies/achievements. Should have spent another year or more playing, but I just wanted to get it over with. If Fallout 4 IS in the works, I don't want it to come out until at least 2013, and frankly I'd be fine with waiting until 2015.
My only complain about New Vegas was that the leveling was crap. If you go to every location you end up maxed out before you hit the climax.
But i enjoyed New Vegas and think it is better than 3.

RuralGamer

Jan 1, 2011
Theron Julius said:
San Fransisco has nothing to offer. They should go to Alaska. A change from arid desert to frozen wasteland would be interesting. Plus you could have mutant yeti-like monsters. What's more awesome than shooting yetis?
Shooting yeti's with shurikens and lightning? Alaska would definitely be a nice setting for a Fallout game, especially after having played Operation: Anchorage which kinda short-changed the place really.

SalamanderJoe said:
I still want Fallout:London with a ghoul Royal Family ruling over the city with mutated corgis.
You know, that would actually be pretty cool; never thought that we could have some kind of post-apocalyptic royal family here with savage mutant heel-biters... more like whole body biters now. I wonder if Buckingham Palace now resembles some sort of doom fortress with an army of robots wearing bearskins patrolling around it?

OT: It's fake, but as mentioned previously, pretty well put together. I'd agree though with those who've mentioned that the location gives it away; I think even the devs will be wanting to put the next game elsewhere; the Southwest has been kinda overdone now; America is a big country and there is still a lot of it to exploit. Plus, releasing a third game with exactly the same engine isn't going to win them many fans. I'd suspect it'll be a few years before Fallout 4 (or whatever its called) rears its head and devours months of our lives. Personally I wouldn't be surprised if a New York or Northwest-based game is somewhere on the drawing board (Seattle was supposed to be a location for a cancelled game I think); we shall see.

baddude1337

Taffer
Jun 9, 2010
Clearly fake.

But I can't wait for Fallout 4, more so than Skyrim. I want to see what they can do in the Fallout universe on the Skyrim engine.

FernandoV

Dec 12, 2010
Akisa said:
No, Bethesda themselves said they are working on Fallout 4, separate from the obsidian project.

uzo

Jul 5, 2011
Theron Julius said:
San Fransisco has nothing to offer. They should go to Alaska. A change from arid desert to frozen wasteland would be interesting. Plus you could have mutant yeti-like monsters. What's more awesome than shooting yetis?
That's actually a really good idea. Include some survival features like keeping warm vs freezing to death for those of us who enjoy the survivalist-leaning mods. I can imagine already the vault dweller, rifle clutched close, in the midst of a fierce blizzard, half blinded and totally deafened by the storm ... knowing full well that a mutant yeti is in the area. And it's hungry.

TCPirate

Dec 1, 2009
OdyCay said:
Fake. its using the fallout engine and bethesda is making skyrim
Yes because they are using their entire team to work on one game that's pretty much finished.
/END SARCASM.

Episode42

Nov 28, 2010
Can we all agree that the trailer is obviously a fake and drop it now?

As for the next Fallout game, I can't see taking it out of the US being a good idea at all. I'm British and i think it sounds pretty silly. I mean, Fallout is a altered history of 50s America, at the time of The American Dream, where as in Britain we were dragging ourselves out of a depression from war. The reason Fallout works for the US is the clash between the hideous torn post-apocalyptic and the bright cheerful pre-apocalypse.

Personally, i think New York is the best choice going. A maze of wasted skyscrapers that have been knocked over, built upon and generally ruined in that wonderful Fallout style.

SinorKirby

May 1, 2009
Akisa said:
No. Just...no. I hate people who add numbers to entries in a series that lack numbers. "Hey guys, how come they're calling the new Halo trilogy Halo 4, 5, and 6 when there's already been Halo 4 and 5?"

Ubermetalhed said:
the US has been done to much. Time to take the series abroad.
Yes. Perhaps you start out as a character in pre-war China walking around before the bombs fall. That would give some more view into what the world was like before the bombs fell, and what places besides the US were like. I've always been interested to see how other countries dealt with the bomb threat. Did they build their own variations on the vaults?

There should also be the option to play as a ghoul or super mutant...though I don't think they'd have super mutants elsewhere in the world.

EDIT:
crystalpyramid said:
Personally, i think New York is the best choice going. A maze of wasted skyscrapers that have been knocked over, built upon and generally ruined in that wonderful Fallout style.
This would be awesome, especially with the whole walking about pre-war thing. You'd get to see the buildings fall around you...man that would be awesome.

xXHaytonLloyd23Xx

Jul 17, 2011
Dont hate on me please, but what if this is real? like a big what if, but it is possible that maybe they could've had some beta footage of it, scrapped it cause they decided to make a new engine and continue on with elder scrolls instead. Now keep in mind, this is a really big what if, but it's not entirely impossible.

Mr.PlanetEater

May 17, 2009
Byere said:
bussinrounds said:
Byere said:

DC is on the east coast.
Oh really? Huh... well aside the fact that I'm English, my Geography is crap anyway :p
So why is it called Washington DC if it's in Maryland and Washington (the state) is on the other side of the continent?
Not sure if serious or trolling; but in any case;
Washington DC is actually not in Maryland nor is it in Virgina. The full DC area including the greater metro area covers territory in both Maryland and Virgina; hence why Fallout 3 lets you partially explore these two states.

As for why it is called Washington DC when its in Maryland/Virgina and Washington state is on the other side of the continent? Well George Washington was the first president of the United States of America, and since Washington DC is the nations capital it would only be fitting to name it after the first president. Also Washington DC is not called Washington DC all the time most of the time its called by its formal name District of Columbia; or commonly abbreviated as DC.

High-ho geography/U.S. History!

xXHaytonLloyd23Xx said:
Dont hate on me please, but what if this is real? like a big what if, but it is possible that maybe they could've had some beta footage of it, scrapped it cause they decided to make a new engine and continue on with elder scrolls instead. Now keep in mind, this is a really big what if, but it's not entirely impossible.
Actually yes, yes it is impossible. Because in Fallout 2 you clearly explore San Francisco and it is nothing like what the trailer would leave you to believe.

King of the Sandbox

& His Royal +4 Bucket of Doom
Jan 22, 2010
viranimus said:
Akisa said:
This... and... It is clearly fake, Look at the assets used. Its bits and pieces from NV,(specifically the gateway for NCR territory) with some older assets sprinkled in.

With such, I think that it might be a while before we see another Fallout game, because If Im not mistaken Bethesda only has one-two more installments left on the original agreement to use the Fallout IP before it reverts back to interplay. So smart money is on letting the IP cool for a couple years, Give interplay enough rope to hang itself back into insolvency and then be the last remaining Copywrite holder.

Well its what I would do in that situation.
This. Although, if/when they make a new Fallout, I wonder if it'll be on the system that Skyrims running on?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Farther than stars

Jun 19, 2011
Really? The sign for Vegas, didn't tip you off that this trailer was a fake about being in San Fransisco?
Naw, my money's (that's Vegas money) on the fact that Fallout 4 will probably feature the Mojave Wasteland again, since developer Jason Bergman made a reference to it when asked about Fallout 4.
Honestly though, I can't see how long they can still beat around the bush with this one. The last obvious location to still go is NYC, because there simply aren't any other iconic cities left to explore, with the possible exception of Chicago, should Bethesda choose to try and capture that city's atmosphere.