Fallout Boy

roblikestoskate

Oct 16, 2008
Your review does a great job at capturing the dilemma of a game sequel and the role of nostalgia. I have read far too many Zelda (insert major franchise sequel here) reviews that could've benefitted from your perspective.

Specter_

Dec 24, 2008
Sean Sands said:
I replayed Fallout 2 and even Fallout Tactics, both games that hold up surprisingly well over the years
You like Fallout Tactics, that tells me you are complete bonkers.

On a more serious note:
I agree that Fallout3 can't stand up to it's predecessors in terms of Mainplot and black humor. But since i love Fallout3 i have to add that it makes it up with atmosphere and the sidemissions

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
I don't understand... I've played Fallout 1, Fallout 2, Fallout: Tactics, Fallout: BOS... How could someone who's a fanboy of the trainwreck that was BOS, agree with the changes that was made in Fallout 2, and play Tactics, a game that invovled hardly any of the original crew, NOT like Fallout 3? It's go the true Fallout style. The only difference is FPS style.

It baffles me. Sometimes I think some people just want to argue.

Demon_Zeya

Nov 10, 2008
Fallout 3 and Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion are both good games, but Fallout3 was more technoglogically advanced, which led to its many advantages, and disadvatnages...

xitel said:
klc0100 said:
Fallout 3 is not a bad game.

It's just not that great.
Im not the only one?
I will say that I think Oblivion was much better. You could just sit there with the V.A.T.S. and get head shots and never take a lick of damage.
But the advantages- Experimental MIRV in Megaton- need I say more?

Henzi

Apr 29, 2009
I love the game, but by no stretch of the imagination is it flawless. Though it has made me want to play the original games, something I have never done before, which I guess is a good thing.