Fallout/Elder Scrolls Misc. Item That Completes Your Character

2HF

May 24, 2011
I've been playing Fallout 3 for awhile now and my character never picks up miscellaneous crap because the value to weight ratio isn't good enough, but today I came across a harmonica. Not even out in the wastes, at a shop in Rivet City. I paid good caps (granted not many) for an item that, as far as I know, is completely worthless. I have long desired to learn to play the harmonica and when I found one in the game I had to have it, useless weight and cost be dammed. It sucks me in just that tiny bit more and I'm loving it.

Have any of you come across such items in other Bethesda games? What completes your character or makes the world just that tiny bit more real to you?

Raognerrrm

Apr 2, 2011
I have this marvellous straw wide-brim hat that I found in a house somewhere in Fallout 3. I fell in love with it and now I wear it everywhere, and it has become a large part of my character.
It doesn't have the best stats, but I wear it anyway, simply because I like it.

That's one thing I was disappointed with in Skyrim. There hasn't been anything I've found that's really made me go "I HAVE TO HAVE THIS", it's all about what has the best armour, damage, or whatever it does. I think it's partially because everything looks so darn good (in Fallout 3 there were some really hideous clothes), so I don't feel like I need to change clothes for different occasions (something I'd do all the time in Oblivion), because everything suits every occasion.

Hal10k

May 23, 2011
I refuse to upgrade to the higher-level mage robes in Skyrim because they don't have matching hoods.

Fleetfiend

Jun 1, 2011
Ever since I first started playing Skrim, my character has been carrying around a lucky horker tusk. I think I found it in some random barrel at the very beginning of the game. I refuse to sell the thing/put it away. I'm not sure why, I'm just attached to the stupid thing.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
I'm still wearing the tattered rags on my skyrim hero just because I'm playing him as a crazy old homeless man who goes around shiving people and taking their sweet rolls. If a person has a sweet roll in their house you bet he is going to break into their house at night, ransack the place, slit their throats, and take that sweet roll.

....And he just happens to be a Dragonborn....

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
No matter what type of character I build, I always, always grab one of these [http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Lever-action_shotgun], usually from the back room of the store near Boulder. There is just something about a lever-action shotgun that makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. I just wish it used 12 gauge instead of 20.

darth.pixie

Jan 20, 2011
ED-E's been carrying around an acoustic guitar and a harmonica since Primm. Sadly there is no option to start a blues band.

My werewolf character in Skyrim carries a silver amulet with him, merely for the sake of pointing out "Look. I wear silver. I am not a werewolf, oh no, not me"

sage42

Elite Member
Mar 20, 2009
I have all my characters wear regular cloths in Skyrim, usually in town or something, in FO:3 and Vegas it's a Merc Veteran outfit. I don't know why, I just do.

AndrewF022

Jan 23, 2010
In Fallout 3 it was the Sheriffs Duster, I just had to have it, and had to wear it for the entire game. So I always had to arrange the Sheriffs death every play-through so I could get it early on, donning that makes my character whole.

So.. Sorry Mr. Simms, but you will never survive more than an hour in any Fallout 3 game I am playing.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Rednog said:
I'm still wearing the tattered rage on my skyrim hero just because I'm playing him as a crazy old homeless man who goes around shiving people and taking their sweet rolls. If a person has a sweet roll in their house you bet he is going to break into their house at night, ransack the place, slit their throats, and take that sweet roll.

....And he just happens to be a Dragonborn....
Please do an in-character Let's Play. Please.

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
Durinbg the tutorial quest in New Vegas, I ran into a fridge with a burned corpse inside, supposedly what would have actually happened to Indiana Jones. Well, he was wearing a hat, so i nabbed it, not having anything better to wear at that point. Put it like this; by the end of the game, I was storming through the Legion ranks with a combination of powerfist and tri-laser rifle, wearing power armour and the hat. It looked truly bizarre.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
I don't know why but my fallout 3 character always had a sword.
But even more awesome is my new vegas chainsaw, hock mask gal.

A Raging Emo

Apr 14, 2009
First time I ever played Fallout 3, when I got to Megaton, I decided to disarm the bomb for Lucas Simms, although not after exploring.

I went into the bar run by that Irish guy, and I saw Mr. Burke. I looked at his suit, then I looked at his hat, and once I put two-and-two together, I knew what must be done.

Much to my surprise though, everyone simply said "Good Riddance" when he stood up and stepped on that landmine.

Boggelz

Aug 28, 2011
I just have to have a cowboy hat in Fallout. Just tops off the whole "Wasteland" sort of thing to me

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
For some reason in Fallout 3 I always carried around Mr. Tenpenny's clothes after I killed him. I never wear them but I just keep them around for their velvety goodness I guess.

I always carry around a lute in Skyrim.

A Satanic Panda

Nov 5, 2009
Da Orky Man said:
Durinbg the tutorial quest in New Vegas, I ran into a fridge with a burned corpse inside, supposedly what would have actually happened to Indiana Jones. Well, he was wearing a hat, so i nabbed it, not having anything better to wear at that point. Put it like this; by the end of the game, I was storming through the Legion ranks with a combination of powerfist and tri-laser rifle, wearing power armour and the hat. It looked truly bizarre.
The suave gambler hat? I love that thing.

Before I even leave Goodsprings, I repair a .357 Revolver to its max condition. Then using an ammunition overhaul mod, I convert all the ammo into explosive ammunition. It puts its damage somewhere in the 50s range and -12 DT.