Family

Norix596

Nov 2, 2010
Wait so that's Suchong falling over in the first panel but is that also him in the cloak at the end? Or a different rat? And why the hell is there an in-universe doll of Erin...?

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Erin obviously started out buying unmarked books from prop stores to pad out her shelf space between Nintendo Power Gamer Guides when she was a wee lass, and it's grown into an obsession since then.

Dec 14, 2009
rhizhim said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Suchong is not one rat.

Suchong is an idea.

Suchong is not the rat the world needs, but it is the one it deserves.
almost.

there are different "suchongs".

notice the rat that is running towards old suchong.

he looks a bit like old suchong.

nice try mr carter, but i am afraid i busted the twist.
Which... is what I just said.

bz316

Feb 10, 2010
Griffolion said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Suchong is not one rat.

Suchong is an idea.

Beneath his fur there is more than flesh. Beneath his fur there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.
Much like Duff Man, Suchong can never die. Only the actors who play him ^_^

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
I say we start worshiping Suchong!

Would that mean we'd have to worship the Erin doll too, or can we just have a God that have their own God?

KOMega

Aug 30, 2010
craddoke said:
Suchong is descended from Martin the Warrior? This is a Redwall reference, right?
That painting definitely helps with that, doesn't it?

bz316 said:
Much like Duff Man, Suchong can never die. Only the actors who play him ^_^
Three Duffmen are working this game tonight! Don't tell the children, it's disillusioning!

Duffman! Duffman! Duffman! Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!

DaRigger420

Jun 26, 2010
Do not try and explain suchong's demise
That's impossible
Instead... only try to realize the truth.
There is no fancy rat.
Then you'll see, that it is not suchong who is Erin's companion on this journey, it is yourself.

Gaboris

Dec 22, 2011
Scarim Coral said:
This strip remind me of Redwall. I'm guessing another rat that look like Suchong will take his place and Erin won't notice a thing?
My thoughts exactly! :3

OT: Okay man you STILL killed off that poor thing, but... although it's a bit uneasy to think about the fact that Suchong isn't THE Suchong and maybe there wasn't a Suchong to begin with, BUT having a whole cult serving Erin is just an awesome twist.
Could this be called "Character development"? :D

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
...This suddenly got weird. Still, I wonder if one of Suchong's children will take up his role. That seems the most likely progression...

PcaKes

Jul 8, 2013
Daystar Clarion said:
Suchong is not one rat.

Suchong is an idea.

Well that was my first thought. I honestly don't get this arc. I'm going to bet the rats will replace him with one of their own or some such.

Plucky

Enthusiast Magician
Jan 16, 2011
I'm getting a slight Secret of NIMH vibe from this...it's going to end in some sort of ritualistic fight slightly reminiscent of Yoda isn't it? Where the winner becomes the new Suchong. (basically some sort of Klingon Promotion by killing the old leader)