Family

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Plucky said:
I'm getting a slight Secret of NIMH vibe from this...it's going to end in some sort of ritualistic fight slightly reminiscent of Yoda isn't it? Where the winner becomes the new Suchong. (basically some sort of Klingon Promotion by killing the old leader)
I doubt there will be a fight, unless they really cram it in there. But, now that you mention the Rats of NIMH, I totally see it. But shouldn't they be seeking to make a new life not in the shadow of humans? I doubt they would worship any human for that matter.

I'm over thinking this.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
TizzytheTormentor said:
canadamus_prime said:
I'm more interested in why the rats worship a naked doll.
What? Don't you?

*goes back to worshiping naked doll of Catherine Zita Jones*

Looking forward to the next comic.
Dolls? No. I prefer life size statues.
Also Catherine Zeta Jones? I'd much rather worship Anne Hathaway.

Anchupom

In it for the Pub Club cookies
Apr 15, 2009
I don't know why, but for some reason this strip really hit me hard. I don't think I deal well with fictional pet death, especially smart, brave, fictional pet rats.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
I'm going to assume he was poisoned, by his brother and heir to the throne. Something is rotten in the state of... wherever this is set.

Vivid Kazumi

Jan 7, 2012
OlasDAlmighty said:
I'm going to assume he was poisoned, by his brother and heir to the throne. Something is rotten in the state of... wherever this is set.
a game of rats?

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
Vivid Kazumi said:
OlasDAlmighty said:
a game of rats?
I was thinking something more along the lines of The Tragedy of Suchong: Prince of Erintopia. I'll assume Erintopia is what the rats call their kingdom.

Scorched_Cascade

Innocence proves nothing
Sep 26, 2008
Sir Suchong, the fancy rat legendary paladin was slain by .

Code:
Choose your Heir:

Sir Suchong II: P.A.D, Ambilevous, Paladin, Axe

Lady Gnohcus: Coprolalia, Vertigo, Hokage, Scythes

Sir OnghSuc: Nostalgic, OCD, Lich King, Crow Storm

This arc has been beautifully drawn, Cory.

Stoic raptor

Jul 19, 2009
I think that Suchong is going to be reincarnated, like a phoenix. That fire is him dying, and he will be back good as new.

Phrostbit3n

Jul 6, 2013
I remember fondly the comments on the strip before this about this very thing happening.

To those that are jumping in recently: Cory had another strip about Suchong having a family and children. This is (one would presume) that family.

O-Castitatis-Lilium

Nov 23, 2011
I'm kind of surprised that I wasn't the only one that got the tale of Redwall feel from this. I'm kind of sad that he died, though he will more than likely be replaced with his son or brother. I might re-read the Redwall books again, I haven't in SO long lol

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
rhizhim said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Suchong is not one rat.

Suchong is an idea.

Suchong is not the rat the world needs, but it is the one it deserves.
almost.

there are different "suchongs".

notice the rat that is running towards old suchong.

he looks a bit like old suchong.

nice try mr carter, but i am afraid i busted the twist.
Ya that's my interpretation as well. The knight version is their ancestor clearly.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Why is there Erin doll naked, when we haven't seen the real Erin like that? And are they descended from Lemiwinks, Prince of the Gerbils?