Fan-made Anime Star Wars Short Will Leave You Breathless

stringtheory

Dec 18, 2011
Fappy said:
Okay, so fem-Tie Bomber is my new waifu...
Have I mentioned the character profiles make the entire thing better? http://www.mediafire.com/view/cpnc1oj27dkosc4/Tie%20Fighter_project%20materials.pdf
The only bad thing about them is that we'll never see this made into a full show or at least an episode.

Arcane Azmadi

Jan 23, 2009
That was so thrilling and exciting that it's easy to forget that you're rooting for the bad guys as they wipe out the heroic rebels.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
I've had his previous 4 minute preview faved for a long time, and now that it's finally done... That was GLORIOUS! Beautiful piece of work! Makes me wish there was an anime like that, or one in that style, but made nowadays

Hochmeister

Jun 2, 2011
Oh the things I would do to get a Star Wars TV show animated like this instead of that horrific plasticine 3-D CG that The Clone Wars and Rebels use. Whoever decided to go with that style should be fed to the Sarlacc.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
I liked the style (kinda) and how fluent the animation looked, but there was nothing in the narrative that is interesting at all, and besides the opening score, the music felt like it took away from the special atmosphere the classic Star Wars has making it feel generic. Thanks for sharing though.

voltair27

Apr 9, 2012
That was bloody brilliant.

Although the fact one of the Pilots was actually accomplishing something in a standard TIE Fighter stretched my suspension of disbelief. Unless he's Force Sensitive. That'd make a lot of sense then.

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
MarsAtlas said:
This is totally breaking canon. A Tie Fighter was hit and didn't instantly explode. Also, they actually hit something in a standard Tie Fighter - he shouldn't be a pilot, he should be training Stormtroopers.

... anybody else get the urge to boot up Empire at War all of a sudden?

Arcane Azmadi said:
That was so thrilling and exciting that it's easy to forget that you're rooting for the bad guys as they wipe out the heroic rebels.
Well not everybody on the side of rebelions are good guys. A lot of war profiteers bank on rebels, as well as pirates. Hell, there were actual pirates supporting the American Revolution and (IIRC) the French Revolution as well.
Kind of. I have the urge play a bit of Star Wars Rebellion. ;)

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
I really really really like this short film and appreciate the style he's going for.

But an animated star wars series that people (inlcuding me) want without a jedi/sith focus should not be drawn in the "anime stye". There are plenty of great western art styles that aren't disney... if western studios gave a damn about western hand-drawn animation anymore or would give many animators a chance instead of bad/cheap 3D or flash animation all the time.

Ukomba said:
That rebel force was screwed. A Star Destroyer battle group with Interdictor Cruiser against just a Nebulon-B, Corellian Corvette, and some transports? Unless the fighters managed a hail marry against that Interdictor, they might as well just ram the Star Destroyers.
According to the technical manuals, a single X-Wing is meant to be able to handle 10 TIEs because of defensive and pilot survival focus compared to the Empire's "throw bodies at it until it stops" tactics in space warfare, so with the heavily armed Y-Wings, they could do a run to disable the gravity well with their ion cannons and retreat (or torpedo it, whatevs), but they just didn't make it this time.

Dwarfman

Oct 11, 2009
Very well done! Used to play Tie Fighter back in the day, watching this made me all giddy with nostalgia.

Porygon-2000

I have a green hat! Why?!
Jul 14, 2010
Oh sweet Jesus!

If the laws of Man and God would allow, I would have this video's children!

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
Saw this the other day and...oh, my. It's just so so so so so so so so so so good.

The guy spent 4 years on it. And it shows. Quality stuff that makes me ache for a new X-Wing/TIE Fighter game.

Ukomba said:
That rebel force was screwed. A Star Destroyer battle group with Interdictor Cruiser against just a Nebulon-B, Corellian Corvette, and some transports? Unless the fighters managed a hail marry against that Interdictor, they might as well just ram the Star Destroyers.
Pretty much.

I mean, no chance whatsoever there (especially since there weren't any 'main' characters around to pull some bullshit miracle) for the Rebels. Two corvettes and a frigate? I mean, I get it's just a convoy, but ugh. It's a dozen or so torpedoes and off ya go.

Spaceman Spiff

Sep 23, 2013
Travis Fischer said:
Okay, am I going nuts because I swear I've seen this before.
Aside from numerous sites posting this video, which is the final version, the guy that made it had released at least one part of it in the past as he was working on it.

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
You got Gundam in my Star Wars!

You got Star Wars in my Gundam!

Two great tastes that taste great together.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Good animation, could've done without the 80's guitar metal though. Not my cup of tea musically. Aside from that, very well done.

LostCrusader

Lurker in the shadows
Feb 3, 2011
Wow, the animations really reminded me of some of the old gundam series. Really wish Disney would consider doing something like this but it will never happen because they think star wars content should only be made for kids.

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
That was amazing. I wonder if this guy will be picked up by some studio like Monty Qum was picked up by Rooster Teeth.

I felt a little dirty rooting for the bad guys, especially when Tie Bomber pilot turned out to be a woman. But it was a good kind of dirty.

Fappy said:
Okay, so fem-Tie Bomber is my new waifu...
When she licked her lips I got tingles. ;)

COMaestro

Vae Victis!
May 24, 2010
I loved this animation, but like some others, I felt the music actually detracted from the experience. Not that the music was bad in itself, but I am watching Star Wars, not Heavy Metal, so find some music that fits. It didn't even fit Gundam or Macross, which is what the animation style and the sense of movement in space reminded me of.