Fan Mod Gets San Andreas in Your GTA IV

Unhappy Crow

Mar 14, 2010
Rockstars need to find these guys and hire them. i would hate to see such an awesome project go down to waste if the company would sue them or ask them to stop what they're doing.

Anti Nudist Cupcake

Mar 23, 2010
Personally I think this will end up like many other game reconstruction mods such as the kotor 2 restoration mod (a mod dedicated to restoring all the lost content) which was cancelled, or the black mesa mod (a mod that wants to remake the original half life but with half life 2 graphics)which is still unfinished and pointless right now because HL2's graphics are outdated now.

Rayne870

Nov 28, 2010
Greyfox105 said:
Okay... so a bunch of modders have beaten Rockstar to the smart thing to do?
You disappoint me, Rockstar. This is what I have wanted since GTA IV came out.
San Andreas was easily the best GTA game I've played, and I'd buy a remake without a second thought >.>
I'll have to keep an eye on this one. And look into getting GTA IV for PC >.>
The modders should just be hired, and given more resources/team members to do a full San Andreas game :)

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Greyfox105 said:
Okay... so a bunch of modders have beaten Rockstar to the smart thing to do?
You disappoint me, Rockstar. This is what I have wanted since GTA IV came out.
San Andreas was easily the best GTA game I've played, and I'd buy a remake without a second thought >.>
I'll have to keep an eye on this one. And look into getting GTA IV for PC >.>
I agree with you about San Andreas since i loved playing it along with a friend and look at it this way, Rockstar may have dissapointed you but on the other hand this mod would be free of charge wheras Rockstar would simply copy+paste and demand mony for it =D.

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
Looks awesome. IV could never really compare to SA in terms of content and overall fun. One of the reasons I'm more into Saints Row than GTA. An open world is meant to be explored not spent playing pool with your "cezin."

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Brings back memories of me sneaking the game into the house to play.

Twas a fun game.

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
TriggerHappyAngel said:
I can't see how GTA V can possibly top this
It can't. Rockstar's best bet at this point would be to cancel everything they're doing and just grant the modders permission to title their product "GTA V" in exchange for the royalties.

Olorune

Jan 16, 2009
That's awesome, but Rockstar should've done this the year after GTA IV came out. San Andreas was the most fun-filled game out of all the GTAs. It's disappointing when game developers completely ignore their fans. I never heard one person say they wanted a bunch of LC and VC games like they released, but they made them, and I'm not saying they were bad; they were just unnecessary.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Damn, man, that's pretty. That's very pretty. Props to the designers.

Azaraxzealot

Dec 1, 2009
Sevre said:
I won't deny that it looks really good, I'd buy GTA IV for a mod like that, but I doubt that they'll ever finish the mod since the majority of super-cool ambitious mods are abandoned about halfway.
if they just add the civilians, vehicles, and all the cool unlockables and none of the missions that would be cool, right?

OT: Funny how fans are faster at delivering what the fans want rather than Rockstar.

So why don't people do this with Half Life 3?

Donnyp said:
I wish i had a comp that could run GTA4. I would totally download this.
i love how this seems to be the sentiment of just about everyone who reads this "i wish i could run it"

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
brunothepig said:
Why wasn't this done sooner? San Andreas was easily the better game of the two in my opinion. Hell, I didn't even really like GTA IV.
Maybe some day I'll buy GTA IV during a Steam sale, then I will recall this mod, and I will be glad. As long as Rockstar doesn't shut it down... They can't do that, can they? They better not.
Hell, the best thing they could do is to buy the rights to this and sell it as dlc. I am not sure how the copyright laws work in this case. Unreal Tournament and Half-Life has been used a lot, but that might be different since they actually encourage that. Either way I agree, this is great. I hated GTA IV for the boring missions, the gritty style, the annoying cousin, but I loved the physics in it.

SillyNilly

Sep 17, 2009
I've been waiting for this day for a long time, finally getting to see the merging of GTA IV's physics engine and SA's content.

I'm so glad these guys got this project underway.

Nice work!

Fooz

Oct 22, 2010
man this looks so sweet, i can recognise almost all of the areas they showed, and it makes me want it more

mexicola

Feb 10, 2010
I hope they asked for permission from Rockstar or this will become just another number in the series of projects fans wasted months/years on until they caught the attention of developers and got shut down as fast as their internet connection allows.

Edit: and yeah the idea is freaking sweet, brings back some fond memories I have of SA.

Logic 0

Aug 28, 2009
This means my dream has come true I can jetpack to make a murder spree in HD.