Fan Recreates Mirror's Edge In Reality

LightningBanks

Apr 15, 2009
Phyroxis said:
Ben Legend said:
When i saw the thread title, i could only think that some idiot took the game to heart and hurt himself...
but seriously... wow, amazing
Yeah.. my initial thought when I read the title was "great, someone breaking themselves because of a game.. Yet another chunk of cannon fodder for the anti-gamers."

I was very surprised, hes damn good.
bearin in mind that some ppl may see this, and try to do it and hurt themselves

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
Yet I've seen negative press about Parkour too, even when the world is up in arms about obese kids, then teenagers find something to do that's taking skill, intense physical activity, and ZERO financial outlay on sporting gear, and they're still moaning about it.

Ok, I admit there's risks, but I'm sure anyone with sense pushes themselves slowly, and like this guy isn't headed to the top of the Sears tower to start practicing.

The only other thing I can think of is perhaps when they do it around parks and gardens there may be damage to plants, but that is something the scene needs to prove is not their intention.

Certainly makes about 4000 times more sense than paying a gym to do stuff you could do at home for free.

Seriously , anyone picking this up, great, go for it.

Also tho, he's got a real nice looking area, with a lot of variety, but then perhaps when you do these things, you look at the world from a new perspective and see things you might not notice before.

Fantomkilla

Jan 15, 2009
OMG THAT WAS AMAZING!!!!!! THAT WAS EXCELLENT!!!!!! RAGGHHHHHH THAT GUY IS TOO GOOD AT THINGS! I WANNA BE LIKE HIM!

Kross

World Breaker
Sep 27, 2004
Eykal said:
Baneat said:
A glove-wearing traceur? pussycat.
Maybe his girlfriend doesn't like palm calluses? I'm speculating here.
If he does this kind of thing a lot, and I imagine he does if he's that good at it, he'd probably want gloves for both grip and so he doesn't tear up his hands. Even people who lift weights at a gym are very careful not to tear callouses on their hands, as it can put them out of commission for more then a week as it heals. They may use some form of chalk, or are just very careful with how they grip (moreso then a person doing parkour has time for) instead of gloves, but you still want to protect your skin when doing any kind of repetitive heavy lifting.

He was also using his left hand for pretty much everything, which I imagine increases the stress quite a bit, rather then both hands.

mokes310

Oct 13, 2008
TheFacelessOne said:
How did he not break the camera?
That's what I was wondering too! If I had tried that, I would have gone through at least ten cameras :)

7moreDead_v1legacy

Feb 17, 2009
Will repeat what many have said, that is brilliant. Props to that guy!

I'd shake his hand and ask him how I can become him...

On a side note, I really should clean my keyboard or at least the crap under the shift keys.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
That was AWESOME!

I just played and... well... beat Mirror's Edge for the first time yesterday, and I wish I could do stuff like that. So much skill!

But, the cup thing... cool as it was, it was a bit unrelated, eh?

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
I don't seem to remember card and dice games in Mirror's Edge...

That was just amazing. The even better part is he's doing this all with one hand because he's holding the camera with one hand... Nicely done.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Keane Ng said:
It's the song. I could boil water to that song and it would make it epic.
I'll pay you $10 to do it, film it, and put it on Youtube.

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
Some of that stuff was rando, but should be in Mirror's Edge 2 as a distraction thing. You know, throw a card to hit the opposite wall, a "blue" goes to check it out, you run up behind them and bash their head in.