Fans Choose Subtitle for Command & Conquer 4

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
wooty said:
Should of called it Command & Conquer 4: Here we go again....

Personally, I havent been impressed by a C&C game since Generals, and that was a long time ago :S
I agree 100%. Generals was a breath of fresh air in the series, everything since has been a terrible return to the old games' (not that the old games were bad-They were brilliant) style.

Red Alert 3 and CnC3 were God-awful.

Del-Toro

Aug 6, 2008
It makes sense, when think about the other names: Tiberian Dawn, Tiberian Sun, Tiberium wars not so much but I think you get the idea that it almost has a time of day theme so as a finisher Tiberium Twilight makes sense.

j0z

Apr 23, 2009
OMG A TWILIGHT GAME EDWARD CULLEN <3!!
I MUST GO BUY THIS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!111111111

Sorry, I had to do that. I do not twilight, really.
Pretty cool name.

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
The Infamous Scamola said:
The contributors are now taking potshots at the Twilight fanbase? Wow, you're really taking Tinsel-town to ask with that one. Held up a mirror to those phonies, that's for sure.
Full disclosure: I have read, watched, and enjoy Twilight. I'm just making fun of myself, really.

Oopsie

Apr 11, 2009
I can only hope they don't come up with a horrible, disfiguring ending for the story.

Aardvark

Sep 9, 2008
AkJay said:
Hell, at LEAST Tiberian Evening would've been better, but i remember back when the word "Twilight" was cool, instead of having it relate to butthole pussy vampires.
I've had the Butthole Surfers stuck in my head all day. Not really relevant, but man were they awesome.

I saw them once, in purple getup with masks. I swear, one looked like Keanu Reeves, another looked like Drew Carey.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Joshimodo said:
wooty said:

Personally, I havent been impressed by a C&C game since Generals, and that was a long time ago :S
I agree 100%. Generals was a breath of fresh air in the series, everything since has been a terrible return to the old games' (not that the old games were bad-They were brilliant) style.

Red Alert 3 and CnC3 were God-awful.
RA 3 was absolutely terrible, C&C3 got veeeery repetitive, but for those first 2 hours or so, it seemed ok.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
wooty said:

Yeah Generals was the last one I considered a real Command and Conquer Game.

But Westwood died with the hostile take over by Electronic Arts. I wonder if they still ban people for saying Westwood on EA forums.

Keane Ng said:
The Infamous Scamola said:
The contributors are now taking potshots at the Twilight fanbase? Wow, you're really taking Tinsel-town to ask with that one. Held up a mirror to those phonies, that's for sure.
Full disclosure: I have read, watched, and enjoy Twilight. I'm just making fun of myself, really.
First person I've met that enjoyed Twilight and knows how to operate a PC. Seems like there is a fork in the road of life. Those who want to function in society and those who want to read book after book of a writer who seems to have a hardon for sexy (but abstinent) male highschool vampires.

I saw a picture about a fun drinking game for Twilight, you drink everytime the writer compliments the main vampires looks. Apparently you'll have liver disease pretty quickly from the whole affair.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
Future Hero said:
Ummmm, didn't I already do a thread on this a while back?

Oh, and trust me, the name is the last thing this game has to worry about, what with half the fanbase saying: "just get this piece of shit over with and give us Generals 2"..
Generals was a stain on the C&C name, I don't see why anybody thinks it's better than the series that started it all (and I liked Generals and all but it was not a C&C game). Of course, in the name of full disclosure I haven't played the third game and people are very polarized over that.

CroutonsOfDeath

Jan 14, 2009
Awesome. Proves that fans still remember what Westwood was up to back in the day.

As far as the games go themselves, I think that C&C 3 was a pleasant surprise from E.A. It couldn't touch the originals, but it was actually really good IMHO. Red Alert 3 made me sad. I did enjoy the wacky cutscenes, story, etc. but the balancing was fucked beyond belief.

Dectilon

Sep 20, 2007
Keane Ng said:
As long as you have self-insight, I guess it's fine.

It's a nice throwback to Tiberian Dawn, I don't mind the title.

Generals was fun to fuck around in, but I'm not sure it was a very good strategy game.

Dioxide20

Aug 11, 2009
I really wish that EA would do something else. The Command & Conquer FPS looked kinda cool, but EA always likes to stay with the Tried and True games, which turns them into Bland and repeated games.

*Sigh

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Would've gone with Tiberium Dusk personally (Dawn->Sun->Wars->Dusk), but I suppose 'Twilight' is okay. The thing is, Dawn is also a moment of twilight. Twilight is "soft, diffused light from the sky when the sun is below the horizon, either from daybreak to sunrise or, more commonly, from sunset to nightfall," and since we already have a Tiberium Dawn which started the series, concluding it with Tiberium Dusk seems like a logical step for me.

But hey, what do I know? Unlike EA I'm not rolling around in mountains of money, so I guess they're doing something right which I'm not.