Fans, Journalists Attack G.I. Joe Director's Live-Action Jem Reboot

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
Vault101 said:
TMNT is any less dumb with a straight face...c'mon
Well, I could kinda say that about the original Mirage comics. It started out as parody of Dare Devil and a few other popular comics at the time, but was incredibly violent and gritty. The turtles even kill the Shredder in the first issue with a thermal grenade and make a pun about it after picking up a piece of his blood covered armour. They weren't adapted for kids until 1987 with the cartoon.

But yeah, humanoid turtles that practice martial arts is kinda silly I guess.

Anyway, I know nothing about Jem so I can't say I care.

Mangod

Feb 20, 2011
Far as I can tell, this movie already exists. It's just called Hannah Montana instead of Jem.

And before you ask, yes, Hannah Montana sucked too. The only good movies about musicians I can think of are either legit documentaries... or This is Spinal Tap, which, on a scale of 1 to 10, goes up to 11.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
canadamus_prime said:
I didn't say I cared all that much. As I said before, I barely remember Jem. It was something my sister was into, not me. I just find it incredibly bizarre that these guys are the ones to bring it back. It's like if Christopher Nolan were to reboot Barney and Friends.
The point being, it's an understatement because I can't wrangle the pathos. Not because you can.