Fans Petition to Save Ambitious Lord of the Rings Mod

ExiledPaladin13

Aug 3, 2011
Last I checked (a few days ago) the petition reached up to around high 5000s, but I kind of question the effect of petitions. I know it worked with Dark Souls (or something, sorry if I'm incorrect) but how effective are petitions really? Especially with a company who's crazy over IPs.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
ExiledPaladin13 said:
Last I checked (a few days ago) the petition reached up to around high 5000s, but I kind of question the effect of petitions. I know it worked with Dark Souls (or something, sorry if I'm incorrect) but how effective are petitions really? Especially with a company who's crazy over IPs.
It doesn't really. Companies only even notice petitions if actually get enough press and then they only actually listen to them if they see some profit in doing so, or if it gets so much press that it annoys the hell out of them to keep hearing about it. It's more or less the same deal with pretty much everything else that consumers can do about affecting the gaming industry, or just about every other industry for that matter, but the other industries are more likely to actually LISTEN, and that's because those other industries wouldn't get away with not listening to their customers and blatantly obvious explotive business practices like the gaming industry does.

Whenever consumers try to do anything about the the gaming industry they usually just say (some significantly more polite but no less condescending version of) "We're perfectly justified in doing things the way we are, and if you don't like it you can't do anything about it, so just sit down, shut up, and buy our games anyway or get the hell out." If they bother to say anything at all.