Fantastic Four Reboot's Doctor Doom Is a Russian Blogger?

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
I honestly don't think that I can say anything that would be better than my old friend Bender

Mr Fixit

Oct 22, 2008
This screams "Chronicle 2" with a Fantastic 4 paint job & just ends up sounding like a massive pile of shit. I understand wanting to update things for a modern audience, but please just stop.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Wow, that went south quick. You can't fuck with one of Marvel's most iconic villains. I was fine with the other changes: Black Johnny Storm was fine because it literally just seemed like a skin color change, it seems they were going to keep the general overall attitude of character correct. But this is too much. I'll skip this now. I don't have time to sit and watch a movie about an angry blogger, I have too much adult things going on in my life for that. I can also see that villain on the message boards all over the place. Talk about turning an interesting character into complete shit.

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
So, let me get this right... Out of THREE adaptations of the GREATEST comic book villain of all time...

The low-budget, Roger Corman version from the early 90's that didn't even get released is the most authentic live-action Dr. Doom.

That's just embarrassing.

Diddy_Mao

Jan 14, 2009
Interesting. I wouldn't think that "I hate money and I want to make a project that will cost as much as possible while guaranteeing an abysmal return on investment" would have been a successful sales pitch to a studio.

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
Trishbot said:
So, let me get this right... Out of THREE adaptations of the GREATEST comic book villain of all time...

The low-budget, Roger Corman version from the early 90's that didn't even get released is the most authentic live-action Dr. Doom.

That's just embarrassing.
Ugh. The sad part of your comment is that it is actually true.

Maybe we'll luck out and this "grim & gritty" douche-bag version will suffer the same fate as the Roger Corman one and never be released. Always to be mocked and ridiculed by the fans and only finding distribution as a convention bootleg for those who are brave/rock stupid enough to seek it out.

V4Viewtiful

Feb 12, 2014
Come on guys this isn't really, it can't be. They just lying so the can surprise us with an actual FF movie.

SuperSuperSuperGuy

Jun 19, 2010
webkilla said:
Super-teen extraordinaire
Dr. Doom, Dr. Doom
Runs around in girls chatrooms
Dr. Doom, Dr. Doom

Nuking Washington D.C.
Dr. Doom, Dr. Doom
Unless something better's on reddit
Dr. Doom, Dr. Doom

His schemes are overloading
It has a rule34 coating
Textbook case for image boards
Dr. Doom, Dr. Doom

Check out Victor Domashev
Nerd computer ace
Went surfing on the internet
And was zapped to cyberspace
He turned into the Dr. Doom
He's strong and super-quick
He drives the heroes crazy
'Cause he's a lunatic

His home base is the Doomalair
Dr. Doom - redditor
Floyd the Barber cuts his hair
Dr. Doom - Chimpanzee!
Rides around in the Doommobile
Dr. Doom - creepy chatroom
Hopes to make a movie deal
Dooming me! Dooming you!

He's here to doom the nation
So stay tuned to this station
If not, we'll just go boom
Dr. Doom - Dr. Doom
Dr. Doom
*tearful applause* That was beautiful.

OT: Like many of the people here, I'm not a fan of this idea. Being some Russian nerd isn't exactly conducive to gaining super powers like being a brilliant scientist on a dangerous space mission is. Additionally, Doom is supposed to be a megalomaniac, and that's both his appeal and his downfall. Once again, being a blogger isn't exactly conducive to this. Dr. Doom isn't really the best character to try to be "realistic" with, because he is, in his very nature, not a realistic person. He's a megalomaniac.

TallanKhan

Aug 13, 2009
I can't really get on board with the whole Fantastic Four reboot. Nothing so far is really clicking for me and it doesn't seem to be gearing up for a big launch. I wonder if Fox have already written it off and are just producing the thing to hang on to the rights, in order to reboot it proper in a few years and as such have given the writer/director free reign to make changes because they don't care.

WarpedMind

Nov 8, 2014
You know, shouldn't there be a limit somewhere?

I mean, it's clear that this movie is literally ONLY being made to hold onto the rights as a part of the grand Fox/Marvel pissing contest that's been going on for years, but I seriously don't understand how this even counts anymore.

It's gotten to the point where they could have made practically anything, slapped the Fantastic Four name on it and released it and it would have been basically as faithful as this is.

How can they claim to be exercising their rights to the franchise when the movie they've made has practically fucking nothing to do with the actual franchise.

coheedswicked

Mar 28, 2010
Why? Why? Why? I would be fine if they wanted the villain to be a blogger/ hacker/ whatever but don't make it be Dr. Doom!
Dr. Doom= Tyrant ruler + megalomaniac + brilliant scientist + adept sorcerer= Super dangerous.

They just neutered him.

Barciad

Apr 23, 2008
It would be far more amusing if somehow he was really MF Doom and reality had folded back in on itself.

Avalanche91

Jan 8, 2009
All I ever wanted was to see a Doctor Doom on screen as powerful as he is supposed to be. This guy can be an Avengers level threat when in the right mood. This guy conquered the world once and gave it up cause he got bored! He is NOT an antisocial blogger. He is Doom. Doom is.

OhNoYouDidnt

Oct 22, 2013
To paraphrase our glorious overlord Jim Fucking Sterling Son (thank God for him): Will he go up against the Fantastic 4chan?

The Hungry Samurai

Hungry for Truth
Apr 1, 2004
webkilla said:
So... how will he get super powers?

Will he become the Freakazoid?
Damnit every time someone uses the F word, i'm reminded how of all the horrible ways the media is bringing my childhood back, this is the one thing that could actually make for a brilliant twisted rebooting.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Now i dont read FF comics but why the hell are they changing his origin? Why change things that dont need to be changed? Ok, they make Johnny black as his colour isnt important to the character. Fair enough. But surely a characters name and origin is important to the Doom character? Are they going out of the way to make the worst choices possible? Was idiot the loudest person in the room when brain storming ideas?

They will look back on this and realise that the last FF movies were more like the comics that the train crash that will be released.

On the bright side this crash and burn might mean Marvel gets FF back and can reboot it into an awesome movie.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
This made me laugh. I suppose I'd be angry if I was more invested in Fantastic Four, but I'd always considered them kinda ridiculous and not very interesting, possibly because I'd only ever seen the cartoon versions of them.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
Diddy_Mao said:
Interesting. I wouldn't think that "I hate money and I want to make a project that will cost as much as possible while guaranteeing an abysmal return on investment" would have been a successful sales pitch to a studio.
The Uwe Bole approach. It's actually possible to make money by doing that, because of a loophole that allows you to claim the loss as a tax deduction. Or something like that.

Grumman

Sep 11, 2008
If you watch this movie, I hate you.

I hate you because you are actively rewarding a bunch of hacks for insulting us all just to make sure that Marvel can't make a Fantastic Four movie that might actually be worth watching.