Far Cry 4: See the First Five Minutes - Update Gameplay!

arsenalabu

Iron Maiden's backup Trombonist
May 26, 2011
Whoa, this looks awesome.
The only way to top Vaas it seems, is to make a Vaas who understands style. And pink.

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
Hello Vaas! You seem to have grown less shouty.

Eh, he seems fun enough. I never understood the villain who kills his henchmen for a single fuck-up though. It makes sense on paper I suppose, you don't have to deal with henchmen who makes blunders.
But then you need to strike his records, deal with funerals, inform his family, handle insurance and so on and so on. It is just a hassle!
I just imprison my bad henchmen, much easier.

Jeremy Dawkins

Oct 17, 2011
Roofstone said:

Eh, he seems fun enough. I never understood the villain who kills his henchmen for a single fuck-up though. It makes sense on paper I suppose, you don't have to deal with henchmen who makes blunders.
But then you need to strike his records, deal with funerals, inform his family, handle insurance and so on and so on. It is just a hassle!
I just imprison my bad henchmen, much easier.
Plus eventually there is desertion, uprisings and rebellions. Things just get very messy. I would put time into my underlings and train them well, otherwise you have to start off fresh every time someone slips up.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Roofstone said:
Eh, the way I see it, who cares? We all wanted more of Vaas anyway. This guy looks like a suitable replacement, and he's different enough at the same time to not feel repetitive. So bring him on, I say.

As to killing the guard, to be fair (from a villains POV), he really screwed things up BAD. Like real bad. This wasn't a small mistake that anyone could have made.

kajinking

Aug 12, 2009
For some reason I already like this new guy more than Vaas or Hoyt from 3, I'm getting a very nice Handsome Jack vibe from him.

I wish we could actually see some gameplay in these previews though.

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
I love Vaas, but I can get used to this guy. Seems like he would be a great guy to party with.

But ya, more gameplay please. I NEED to see how it will look once I take an elephant to the top of Everest and ride it all the way down like a 2 ton sled.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Boyfriend told me that this was far superior to the 'Definition of Insanity' trailer, but I'm gonna have to disagree. It's still fine, but they've done villain introduction better.

Also, they're setting up how you (the player character) and Snidely Fashion-pants here are already familiar with one another. Which strikes me as odd, since it seems like I should be afraid of him, not buds with him.

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
So its set in a mountainous region? I guess they really liked that "Skyrim with guns" comparison.

Madame_Lawliet

Jul 16, 2013
Evil pink suited Anderson Cooper wants to be my friend, I fail to see how this could end badly.

OT: Very optimistic for this one, Farcry keeping the emphasis on creating increasingly complex and interesting villains with a new setting to play around in each game seems like the right way to go for the series.
I hope the PS4 version is comparable to the PC version this time 'round, and I'm prepared to take a graphical hit for a smoother framerate, give me that option and I'll be very pleased Ubisoft.

BayouStalker

May 31, 2011
The eye comment might be more that he knows possibly his father, a family member, or as someone who is important in some way, shape or form. They might not know each other directly. From what I can see, he is turning out to be a very fun villain. I am enjoying his energy greatly, along with the nonchalant nature he has towards what he does, as if the bigger picture outweighs such things as murder.

zombiejoe

Sep 2, 2009
I really like the way they handled introducing this villain. He's clearly insane, but he's surprisingly friendly to the main character. Color me interested.

Valagetti

Good Coffee, cheaper than prozac
Aug 20, 2010
Great everyone is comparing him to Vaas, no wonder why we have sequels.... well I guess there both charming psychopaths.
And if anyone is curious, the setting seems to be Mongolia.
Also I'd like to point out how fucked up this is, everyone is crying racism at the boxart, but shiving a guy in the throat in the most visceral way is fine... goes to show how immature this culture is.

Mike Hoffman

In the middle of calibrations...
Sep 25, 2013
Far Cry 4: See the First Five Minutes - Update Gameplay!

Far Cry 4 opens with a border crossing gone wrong. Update: Co-op, even with PS4 friends that don't own the game.

Read Full Article

Grimh

Feb 11, 2009
Man, I like this guy already. The killing your subordinate thing is a bit old but whatever he made it work pretty well.

Nice gameplay video too, I liked the commentary, very laid back. The game looks promising.

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
soren7550 said:
Boyfriend told me that this was far superior to the 'Definition of Insanity' trailer, but I'm gonna have to disagree. It's still fine, but they've done villain introduction better.
Agreed.

This villain doesn't elicit much of a reaction from me. No fear, no anger, no curiosity, no weird admiration/respect, just nothing really.

Also, the player character being another brown-haired white guy is boring. I thought I heard somewhere that the player character would be Tibetan. Oh well.

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
am i the only one who thinks this looks extremely cliche?, whats with all the villains mercilessly killing their subordinates? that job must have a hell of a lot of benefits to put up with all that, dental, paid vacations, all the good stuff

i dunno i think they are trying to copy and paste vaas into a new game, there are more villains archetypes

Jun 20, 2013
Oh boy, can't wait to reprise my role as yet another nondescript, uninteresting white-guy saving good brown people from the bad brown people.