Farewell, Escapist

RedmistSM

Jan 30, 2010
I've never come to this site for you, or earlier, for Russ Pitts. I've come for LRR, Yahtzee, Jim and others. But to me, you were always the face(and through the site podcasts, the voice) of the Escapist, and I'm very sad that you're leaving. Good luck out there.

Pinkros

Mar 15, 2010
This is probably one of the saddest things I've read on the Escapist during the years I've been here. I can say that I found Susan to be the best reviewers ever on this site. Of all time. You will be greatly missed.

TheKruzdawg

Apr 28, 2010
Best of luck in all your new adventures. Your voice was always one I enjoyed reading/hearing, whether I agreed with it or not. You will definitely be missed.

Coolkid651

May 25, 2013
Resident lurker reporting
I just like to say good bye Susan, I am sure your futures is bright and wish success to whatever you do from here on.
Farewell

Yeager942

Oct 31, 2008

Anon, Cap'n Arendt. You shall be missed, and good luck in your future endeavors.

The Podcat has just lost a valuable member.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
What? But you've only just become the editor!

Or that was a while ago, but it feels like last week.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
marcooos said:
So the only people that interact with the community that are worth a shit left on the site are Gav and Grey?!?! Fuck...

Anyways bye Susan, sad to see you go but good luck in the future!
Yeah :(.

Susan was my fav.

Very sad to see her go.

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
Well, I suppose you're the only person who could know when it's time to go, Ms. Arendt. Thank you for the quality of work you oversaw here, and I hope what you're moving on to will fill you with happiness.

Varis

lp0 on fire
Feb 24, 2012
Your spectacular personality will be missed. Shame really, I was really looking forward to hearing your fantastic hosting at Escapist Expo!

Good luck in the future nonetheless!

Pfft.
Captcha: Move over.

So very tactful!

Relnik

Oct 5, 2010
AWWWWWW! Please don't leave you are my favorite part of the podcast! I don't know what I'll do if you leave... :(

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
Aww, I remember her from the Escapist Expo panels, I'm really going to miss her!

Lyvric

Nov 29, 2011
We'll miss you and all your positive input. Good luck in your future projects!

lumenadducere

May 19, 2008
Best of luck to you, Susan! Always enjoyed reading your work here, and I wish you all the best in your future adventures.

Bleidd Whitefalcon

Mar 8, 2012
Susan Arendt said:
Blunderboy said:
Susan Arendt said:
Farewell, Escapist

The Editor in Chief moves on to a new adventure.

Read Full Article
Hold on a minute, Susan is leaving the Escapist...and Matt Smith is leaving Doctor Who...
OMG! SUSAN IS THE NEW DOCTOR!
I can neither confirm nor deny this information.
I'd definitely watch that.

OT: Best of luck to you in whatever you do, Ms. Arendt. We'll all miss you

barbzilla

He who speaks words from mouth!
Dec 6, 2010
Susan we will miss you sorely. You were the most interactive EiC the Escapist has ever had (or any other online publication for that matter). You always explained your choices and made sure we knew what to expect from the site and you, and you made some wonderful changes during your time here. I wish you fortune in whatever comes next for you!

silentNate

Apr 1, 2013
I think those of us drawn to the site for the PodCat will be most upset by this news... I'm gutted.

Seems interesting that Susan can't say where she is off to... I'm guessing a 'non-disclosure' agreement was in place.

I hope to find out where she has gone though ;)

Riobux

Apr 15, 2009
I'm surprised I only noticed this now. With Susan gone, I might go check out Destructoid more often for gaming news. I have noticed a decline in news quality, and I don't recall any news contributors that I particularly like.

Allan Foe

Dec 20, 2007
Susan Arendt said:
Farewell, Escapist

The Editor in Chief moves on to a new adventure.

Read Full Article
Thanks for all you hard work for us, I know for a fact that you helped site contributors improve their work to a significant degree.

You are one of the Big Bosses of Escapist. I hope this is not a Goodbye, but rather a See You Next Time.

xdiesp

Oct 21, 2007
Was she the one who hired Yahtzee? Because that is the only choice which ever attracted hits to this place.