Farewell, Escapist

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Good luck with whatever you will do in the future!
And you're always welcome to jump in and comment in a thread or two :D

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
Big sadface :(

...okay, now I've stopped blubbering, best of luck with whatever you plan to move on to Susan. You've been an awesome member of staff in all your years here, and an ace editor-in-chief. Under you I've seen amazing articles, some brilliant new features added and thanks to you I've even found some smaller (slightly weird) games that otherwise I might have missed.

So, thank you, Susan, and best of luck.

Fenris97

Mar 17, 2011
Cheers, Susan. Have a good life onwards, and a great career! It's been awesome to hear you in the Podcats, and you will be greatly missed.

PlasticTree

May 17, 2009
Hi there, Susan.

It's been quite a while since I've responded on these forums, but I think this is a damn good reason to pick that up again. You've been great, these past few years. As a game journalist and editor, but also as a person. The thing that made you good was the fact that you were always a person with her own identity, and who just happened to be a game journalist. Instead of a game journalist with some distinctive personality traits. I hope (and am confident that) you will always be able to enjoy your work in the way you deserve. All the best!

Alexnader

$20 For Steve
May 18, 2009
NOOOO!

Oh please stay for the podcat, please! Throughout my time listening to it you have been by and large a constant force for insight, energy and hilarity. Good luck with your future endeavors.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
Susan Arendt said:
Farewell, Escapist

The Editor in Chief moves on to a new adventure.

Read Full Article
Hold on a minute, Susan is leaving the Escapist...and Matt Smith is leaving Doctor Who...
OMG! SUSAN IS THE NEW DOCTOR!

Protocol95

May 19, 2010
I don't have much of a presence here but like the others here i'm saddened to hear you're leaving. Best of luck to you, whatever happens.

TheEvilCheese

Cheesey.
Dec 16, 2008
Goodbye Susan, I hope you're reading this thread and seeing the almost universal love the site has for you. Your reviews have long been my favorites- not just on the site but in general. You brought us some wonderful new shows and features as well as presiding over the first of many excellent expos. You introduced me to Bastion and showed me one of the best gaming experiences of my life.

But most of all you were the most honest and genuinely funny staff member, be it on the forums or Podcat. Your insight and wit will be greatly missed by all. Good luck in your future endeavors

[HEADING=1]Goodbye, Susan.[/HEADING]

Alex Cowan

Feb 13, 2010
I hope it's not a total coincidence that this comes at the same time as Matt Smith announces he's leaving Doctor Who. Looks like there might be a vacancy...

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
It's a shame to see you go but hey, it's always exciting to try new things so all the best to you in your future endeavours.

DoomyMcDoom

Jul 4, 2008
Damn, well it sucks for us to see you go, but you will have adventures in other places, doing other things, and I wish you prosperity in your endeavours elsewhere.

Peace homie.

Sincerely,

DoomyMcDoom,
the doomiest of dooms.

prowll

Aug 19, 2008
One wonders if the sudden leave and the sudden appearance of the crappy ScrewAttack videos are linked...

Capcha: Pay the Ferryman. SEE? EVEN THE CAPCHAS DON'T WANT SUSAN TO GO.

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
Ah, damnit... I'm sorry to hear that Susan, the place really won't feel the same without you! :(

When I started frequenting the site four years ago, I had no idea that this site and it's amazing contributors would come to be like my real life friends to me.

You've made this a truly fantastic site, and I'll miss reading your columns here. That said, I have no doubt I'll continue to read your stuff, just at a different address.

Best wishes to you in all your future endeavours, Nerd Queen.

*attempts to give you the Vulcan salute, fingers don't quite manage it*

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
Blunderboy said:
Susan Arendt said:
Farewell, Escapist

Read Full Article
Hold on a minute, Susan is leaving the Escapist...and Matt Smith is leaving Doctor Who...
If this isn't the case then I will be sorely disappointed. lol

jp11

Oct 24, 2008
KefkaCultist said:
Blunderboy said:
Susan Arendt said:
Farewell, Escapist

Read Full Article
If this isn't the case then I will be sorely disappointed. lol
I know I'd be super excited about this as well.

We'll miss you a great deal Susan, and wish you the best of luck.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Blunderboy said:
Susan Arendt said:
Farewell, Escapist

Read Full Article
I can neither confirm nor deny this information.

darth gditch

Dark Gamer of the Sith
Jun 3, 2009
Oh noes!!!

Your presence will be sorely missed. Hope your future endeavours are bright and successful!