FarmVille Gets Into Food Distribution

elexis

just another guy
Mar 17, 2009
Oh this is sad.

Also go to the site this came from and look at the first page of comments. Then compare the to the first page of comments here. (I had a good laugh)

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
Sir Kemper said:
Seems like Mr.Goldman has a slight dislike of Farmvillers...
Click on his name and read some of his news posts. Some of that stuff is heavier than what got a lot of Escapists suspended during March Mayhem.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
RossyB said:
Well, I'm depressed. Time to binge, the American way!
Holy crap, I hope that flavour gets a UK release sometime soon. The only flavours my local stores ever stock are Cookie Dough (tasty but boring after a while) and Phish Food (which I don't eat because I hate marshmallow). Oh, and the great-tasting Caramel Cups, but only very rarely.

Also, am I the only one to notice the hilarity of the carton saying both 'natural' and 'artificial' flavours? When there's nothing inside, even?

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Thee Prisoner said:
Kenjitsuka said:
The box promises a pint (473 ml), as you can see.
I'm pretty sure that is false advertising, since anyone can weigh it and prove easily that the air inside of it does not quite weigh anything near that... :p
Milliliters is a measure of volume. It shows how much the container can HOLD. So it's probably legal in that sense.

the Prisoner
The promise on the box is that that volume is filled by the product advertised on it.
So I was wrong about the weight, but you can see that it's still not very legal to sell a pint of icecream-container without contents?

Sebasmama

May 16, 2010
Ok guys... The icecream isn't empty. It's just a cross-promotional deal that promotes farmville. The icecream is at a cheaper price than the national brands so it's win-win. I agree that farmville is a little ridiculous, but I'd still buy the icecream. It's good and cheaper than the competitors brands!

Sebasmama

May 16, 2010
I don't know where the "there's no ice cream" rumor came from, but it's just that... A rumor. There is ice cream. Ridiculous.

DanDeFool

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2009
Wow...

Okay, I have to go eat real food and play real PC games to get the taste out Zynga out of my brain. Whole Foods and Steampowered.com - my itinerary is set.

At least they're not as bad as Evony online...

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
At least the crazy people won't have that money to spend on real world crazy things, I guess.

Trying to look on the bright side is really tough to do in this day and age.

Thee Prisoner

Apr 28, 2010
Kenjitsuka said:
Thee Prisoner said:
Kenjitsuka said:
The box promises a pint (473 ml), as you can see.
I'm pretty sure that is false advertising, since anyone can weigh it and prove easily that the air inside of it does not quite weigh anything near that... :p
Milliliters is a measure of volume. It shows how much the container can HOLD. So it's probably legal in that sense.

the Prisoner
The promise on the box is that that volume is filled by the product advertised on it.
So I was wrong about the weight, but you can see that it's still not very legal to sell a pint of icecream-container without contents?
It's hard to tell from the picture on what the whole container advertises. On the backside it could tell you it is a code for the game. So, it does have "contents". I'm not a judge or lawyer so I do not know what constitutes illegal advertising. It's a creative way to advertise.

I do see your point.

the Prisoner

plastic_window

Jun 29, 2008
Tom Goldman said:
FarmVille ice cream retails for $2.29 and comes with a code to input into the game to presumably get some piece of FarmVille sh*t.
Best line in an Escapist news story for a long time.

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
"swallow sadness"

Yep. Que el Fucko is right.

But... is there really nothing in it? Really?

And if hte code doesn't work...

Why are they selling people painted cardboard? The customer gains absolutely nothing?

Fuck them!