Favorite bad-guy-turned-good-guy

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
I'd have to say Vegeta. He was suppose to die and Goku let him live. Since then, DBZ wouldn't have been the same without Vegeta.

J8keM0ney

Jul 2, 2009
solemnwar said:
Also I feel lonely and sad that I appear to be the only person using a book... Q_Q
not true

spartan231490 said:
Death's mistress, from Sword of Truth. btw, the thread title should probably contain a spoiler warning.
This was from a book series, as was the song of fire and ice, tho that one came after your post

Solid Reece

Nov 19, 2010
Shakomaru said:
Superbii Squalo from KHR.

He cut off his hand, then attached that sword to it, and flies around on a shark while screaming at the top of his lungs. How can you not like someone like that?
I never knew he cut of his own hand but it never gets tiring to have him yelling at Yamamoto for being too soft.

I'll have to say Xanxas. Even though he is still against Tsuna, He becomes good in his own way

skip to 6:12

Xanxas still wants Tsuna dead but for the rest of the anime at lest he is a good guy like Hibersan.(I cant spell his name correct}

RaffB

Jul 22, 2008
thelonewolf266 said:
Harry Maybourne from Stargate SG-1 that guy was grade A arsehole to begin with but ended up being a pretty decent guy later on in the series.
That dude is bloody brilliant. One of my favorite characters from SG-1.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
Hiei from Yu Yu Hakusho.

Starts off bad, then kinda becomes good and ends up being one of the more bad ass characters I've seen.

RaffB

Jul 22, 2008
Lasciel/Lash from the Dresden files.

...and ive just realised i cant say a damned thing about her, without massive spoilers.

CommanderL

May 12, 2011
thelonewolf266 said:
Harry Maybourne from Stargate SG-1 that guy was grade A arsehole to begin with but ended up being a pretty decent guy later on in the series.

I am going with this along with captain crais from farscape and of course vegata and piccolo

gabycms

Sep 1, 2011
grimgin said:
SPOILER... i guess but douse Severus snape counts as he was never actually evil just kind of a jerk
Definitely Snape, my favorite character from all the movies (half way through the books now)

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
He was my favorite back then, and he's still my favorite today. The guy practically embodies the "enemy who becomes ally" trope, at least for anyone who grew up in the 90's.

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
Snape. he's all over the fucking shop. i'm not sure WHO he was actually working for, and i doubt he did either.

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
TrilbyWill said:
Snape. he's all over the fucking shop. i'm not sure WHO he was actually working for, and i doubt he did either.
In the end, Snape was working for Lily, and only for Lily.

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
Zuko. Great character arc that one, even when I called it from the start it was still a believable journey from villain to hero, which made it great to watch even knowing where he'd end up.
Vegeta. Don't even need spoiler tags for that. Oh, also Piccolo. My two favourite characters... I wonder if them being evil has anything to do with that.
Severus Snape. Shock! You might argue that he was never evil. But ah ah ah. He was. That was before Harry was even born, but he was a loyal Death Eater until Lily was killed.
Naruto has a few good ones... Gaara is my favourite, Zabuza is mentioned above. And there's a couple of arcs in the anime filler.

FunctionZ

Jul 4, 2011
Vegeta. Pretty sure everyone else I knew who grew up and watched DBZ would say the same.

Aurgelmir

WAAAAGH!
Nov 11, 2009
Murais said:
Huh. Nobody for Venom? He immediately came to mind when I saw the thread title.

I thought that might have been one of the better examples in nerd-dom. Though, Zuko is probably the best recent example I can think of.
Though Venom is the one again off again Villain, so I am not sure he counts. (I am counting all incarnations of Venom here, just because you didn't state which one you mean :p)