Favorite book series

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Basically just say your favorite book series and why.

Mine would have to be The Black Company series. They are written very well and have a complex storyline yet it is really easy to follow. If you like fantasy I would suggest reading them.

Tortilla the Hun

Decidedly on the Fence
May 7, 2011
My favorite series would have to be The Dark Tower Series by my absolute favorite author, Stephen King. Love the writing, love the characters, love everything about the series.

EDIT:

Flailing Escapist said:
The Dark Tower.. for obvious reasons, of course
Ninja'd, by an Escapist with great taste.

...and apparently bad coordination. XD

Rylot

May 14, 2010
Discworld series by Terry Pratchett because they're insightful and fun to read and make me laugh no matter how many times I read them.

ShadowStar42

Sep 26, 2008
The Deed of Paksinarrion by Elizabeth Moon. Wonderful story of a woman's rise from mercenary to paladin in a very Tolkinean world. I highly recommend it to anyone who likes fantasy.

LongAndShort

I'm pretty good. Yourself?
May 11, 2009
Not sure how much it counts, but John LeCarre's George Smiley books. John Birmingham writes some good stuff as well.

TBman

Oct 31, 2008
grand tour series by ben bova, ring of fire series by eric flint, sector general series by james white, and odd thomas series by dean koontz

Eric Fred

May 19, 2010
Bernard Cornwell's Grail Quest series.
An individual's struggle in a very vivid historic setting.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Dark Tower series just because I love Steven King, but The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor is pretty good too.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
The Kingkiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss

I've yet to read books more flawlessly written than those.

Vampire cat

Apocalypse Meow
Apr 21, 2010
Varg Veum... A very well known author from my city writes these books about a private detective named Varg Veum. They are in Norwegian, though I'm sure it's not all that hard to find English translations of them, and they are extremely popular.

Very good and thrilling books.

They recently made (and still make) a bunch of movies based on the books too now though they are in Norwegian so anyone interested would have to deal with that (having to read the text!). The only problem with those movies is the dialect of the main character (Veum himself that is) is the wrong one! He has an east-Norwegian dialect, and the character is from (and lives and works in, and is based on) west-Norway and of course had a west-Norwegian dialect in the radio plays from long before the movies came into creation...

Chaos James

Bastion of Debauchery
May 27, 2011
The Belgariad/Malloreon by David Eddings, it's what really got me into reading and was my first fantasy series.

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
jawakiller said:
Right now, fantasy wise, it's Eragon. Why? I just got the last book.
This, and I am struggling to finish it(Inheritance) and MW3 before Friday, so back to the book!

But other then that "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" Series (Only the ones written by Douglas himself) and the Ender's Quartet top my list, but The Runelords series was pretty good as well

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
I love the books of Markus Zusak. My favorite of his works is definitely the Book Thief. I do wanna get into the H.P. Lovecraft stories, but right now, I can't get a hold of them.