Favorite book series

jawakiller

Jan 14, 2011
artanis_neravar said:
But other then that "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" Series (Only the ones written by Douglas himself)
Love that series. Terrible, the way that they botched the movie so badly but that's screen writers for you. Always fucking up good books.

smearyllama

May 9, 2010
Right now it's A Song of Ice and Fire. Really good books, but too much stuff in between the characters I really care about (Arya, Jon and Tyrion).
I also really like Scott Pilgrim and Walking Dead, if those two count (well, they're graphic novels).
I heard mention of Dark Tower here, and was reading about it earlier- Is it worth a try?

Isalan

Jun 9, 2008
Rylot said:
Discworld series by Terry Pratchett because they're insightful and fun to read and make me laugh no matter how many times I read them.
This, specifically The Truth which is just an awesome book. Anyone who comes up with a Vampire photographer who turns himself to dust every time he uses his flash deserves a knighthood.

Hiroshi Mishima

Sep 25, 2008
Rylot said:
Discworld series by Terry Pratchett because they're insightful and fun to read and make me laugh no matter how many times I read them.
Hurray, there's another intelligent person out there! :D

But seriously, for me, the Discworld is a treasured series and Pratchett is up there with Douglas Adams (they're both my favourite authors). Aside from the humour, the way they see the worlds around them and the universe at large is very interesting and certainly make one hope that there ARE people out there who have the ability to see beyond the limitations put forth by the unimaginative.

Axolotl

Feb 17, 2008
Gormenghast, I've only read the first two but they're masterpieces.

Or The Sandman if comics count.

A Song of Ice and Fire gets runner up.

Autumnflame

Sep 18, 2008
Riftwar cycle by Raymond E Feist
Belgarid Mallorian by David eddings
Tomorrow when the war began, John Marsden.
anything by matthew reilly

Axammar

Oct 23, 2011
Discworld by Terry Pratchett
Song of Ice and Fire
Really liked the Genghis Khan series by Conn Iggulden, made for some great historic fiction.
The Gaunts Ghosts series, the Space Wolves omnibuses, the Horus Heresy series and the Night Angel trilogy. All worth a read or 6...

mikeybuthge

Apr 28, 2010
A Song of Ice and Fire, read all the books in like 3 weeks, and yes I started after watching A Game of Thrones, but still, immediately hooked. Anything by Stephen King is good, the Scott Pilgrim series too, and really, all Batman comics

Stoplesteimer

Jun 4, 2009
Dresden Files most definitely; great world, intriguing characters, badass action, sadly Mr. Jim Butcher has been an utter bastard with cliffhangers lately.

Seeing all the responses for the Dark Tower series is making me want to read it again.

RoyalSorceress

Jun 15, 2010
Artemis Fowl, Redwall, and Deltora Quest (and the next 2 series, Deltora Shadowlands, and Dragons of Deltora.)

LilValky

Aug 28, 2011
Currently im reading the Eragon collection, but like someone said earlier thats because of the new book coming out. Terry Pratchets are an amazing work of fiction, comedy and imagination. I have read a couple of the dungeon and dragon novels and found them to be interesting in the way that their written, you think you've figured the story out and it goes a whole new direction. Obviously with this series its depends what book you read as its written by so many different authors.

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
The Pendergast series of books by Preston/Child. I've been a huge fan and gobble up the newest book the second it comes out. I am also a fan of Dresden Files.

Toenz

Sep 23, 2011
Takeshi Kovacs series by Richard Morgan. Brilliant Sci-Fi, and one of the most engaging main characters of any book series I've read.

Lizardon

Robot in Disguise
Mar 22, 2010
The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy Trilogy. I don't think I need to go into why here.

pearcinator

Apr 8, 2009
Huntsman series (Seven Ancient [or Deadly in USA] Wonders, Six Sacred Stones and Five Greatest Warriors) by Matthew Reilly. It is Indiana Jones on speed...too epic for film.

Scarecrow series...also by Matthew Reilly. It is Die Hard in book form.

ScumbagEddie

Mar 29, 2011
Elfgore said:
Basically just say your favorite book series and why.

Mine would have to be The Black Company series. They are written very well and have a complex storyline yet it is really easy to follow. If you like fantasy I would suggest reading them.
I'm very much with you with the Black Company. I loved that the first book was written from the perspective of a guy who wasn't much of a combatant in the beginning and evolved from there. And I've always been at odds as to who my favorite character is between Croaker, Silent, or Soulcatcher.

Outside of that, I recently became a fan of the Ciaphas Cain series for a number of reasons. First, it adds humor into the usually gritty and almost expressionless 40k universe. Second, Cain is basically not more than a bumbling jackass, and he knows it. And third, and maybe most importantly, Jurgen kicks ass.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
A Song of Ice and Fire or the Revelation Space trilogy. Ah, decisions, decisions. Alright, I'll go for Revelation Space