Favorite Catchphrase/Running Gag in anything?

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Exactly what the title says, so lets get started.

My absolute favorite is from Kenan and Kel, and its not the Orange Soda thing , its this:

Natemans

Apr 5, 2017
Samtemdo8 said:
Exactly what the title says, so lets get started.

My absolute favorite is from Kenan and Kel, and its not the Orange Soda thing , its this:

Mine's mostly Will Smith saying, "Damn!" from Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

Others are mostly Monty Python, Three Stooges, Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, Spaceballs, Archer, etc.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
For a time it was the DNA evidence from Homestar Runner. But then they had to go and ruin everything by actually having a cartoon about it! It worked so much better as one-shot lines in everything!

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
Lots from Homestar Runner. First to come to mind was Strong Bad being a stickler for punctuation and spelling, which allowed the creation of Homsar, a character who was a veritable fountain of catchphrases himself.

'Oh great, now we can be the first to get vaped!'
'Do you ever think positively?'
'Hey, that was positive, sister! I coulda said, 'now we can be the first to get tortured, and then vaped.''
'Sigh... You're a real fun bot, you know that?'

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
"That's too much, man!" and "Yowza yowza bo-bowza!" from Horsin' Around. Man, that was a great show.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Natemans said:
Mine's mostly Will Smith saying, "Damn!" from Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
Jazz being thrown out the house was my favourite, not least because it was the exact same piece of footage very single time (except one specific instance).

Also, Teal'c saying 'Indeed' in SG1, that shouldn't have been funny, but it so often was.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
"Look out for snakes" in MST 3K, old and new.

Me yelling out "Wilhelm! NO!" any time I hear the wilhelm scream in something.

Ogoid

Nov 5, 2009
Off the top of my head, Arrested Development's "I've made a huge mistake". Still cracks me up every time.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011

And I enjoy the Wilhelm scream.

And most of the ones in Archer.

Natemans

Apr 5, 2017
Ogoid said:
Off the top of my head, Arrested Development's "I've made a huge mistake". Still cracks me up every time.

Lol, love the chicken dance gag in Arrested Development a lot.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Two words: Community, Beetlejuice.

Don't get it? Observe:

Beetlejuice said three times across three seasons, and as soon as the third one was said, "Beetlejuice" pops up in the background. And you don't realize what they did until you see it compiled like that. I love it.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
WhiteFangofWhoa said:
Lots from Homestar Runner. First to come to mind was Strong Bad being a stickler for punctuation and spelling, which allowed the creation of Homsar, a character who was a veritable fountain of catchphrases himself.

'Oh great, now we can be the first to get vaped!'
'Do you ever think positively?'
'Hey, that was positive, sister! I coulda said, 'now we can be the first to get tortured, and then vaped.''
'Sigh... You're a real fun bot, you know that?'
Sorry man, he has the ultimate Running Gag in Beast Wars: