Favorite character in a fighting game

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
dmjord said:
Does anyone remember a final fantasy fighting game for the ps1? You could play as Cloud and Sepheroth. not the deepest game but cool to play as those characters. If only they could be in a soul calibur game instead of star wars characters! :(
Well if you got a PSP then wait a few months till Dissidia comes, Final Fantasy fighting game and it looks very promising :) Cloud and Sephy are in it and 20 other characters. Seeing them In sould calibur would be the next best thing but since they got their own game it's even better.

As for my picks..well:

Killer Instinct- Glacius, Cinder, Fulgore, and Sabre Wolf
Smash Bros- Link and samus
Dead Or alive- Ryu
Soul Calibur- Spawn, Link, Nightmare
Dissidia- Ex-Death, Squall, Jecht, Warrior of Light, Garland, Gabranth, Kefka, Terra

craniifer

Jan 18, 2009
Ivy. I'm practically in love with her...and for her personality, not her bust...but that helps. I just hate how her voice keeps getting manlier each game.

kiwisushi

Sep 29, 2008
-Seraph- said:
dmjord said:
Does anyone remember a final fantasy fighting game for the ps1? You could play as Cloud and Sepheroth. not the deepest game but cool to play as those characters. If only they could be in a soul calibur game instead of star wars characters! :(
Ye I remember it, think it was called EZ Ehrgeiz. Bit of a weird spelling, but it was something like that.

Caradas1030

Jul 29, 2008
Bayman from Dead or Alive, he is an unstoppable force
Vanessa Lewis from VF, Baygirl basically

I like the military types.

Feb 13, 2008
Chun Li(SF 2), Pai Chan(VF), Sophitia(SC), Big Bear(FF), Gen-An(SS), Sakura(SF2+), Reptile(MK), Spinal(KI), Matrix(Timekillers), Law(Tekken)

SmoothGlover

Dec 3, 2008
Baek from Tekken is pretty good, i liked his style of fighting a lot better than some of the more fist based characters.

Thanks to Soul Calibur IV i can say that my favourite character in a fighting game is my custom made character: Wilber Force, the stereotypical gay 80s guy dressed as the pope. Can it get any better?

Nope.

Mar 26, 2008
Fightbulb said:
BiscuitWheels said:
I'm not a huge fan of the SNK games. But Vanessa is one of the best boxers ever in a fighting game and Geese Howard is a great evil boss.
I agree, Vanessa can be fucking scary in the right hands.
Vanessa FTW!

I also like:

Scorpion (MK) - Ninja + flaming skull = awesome

Wolf (Virtua Fighter) - Has a good range of throws and ranged attacks. Faster than Jeffry and almost as strong

Sagat (Street Fighter) - The once honourable fighter twisted by revenge. Quick and powerful. Apparently in SF4 he is a bit overpowerful.

Ivy (Soul Calibre) - A busty chick in a tight corset and brandishing a telescopic sword/whip. What's there not to like?

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
black lincon said:
ChromeAlchemist said:
black lincon said:
mitsurugi from soul caliber because he is one of the few cheap characters in the series, and second would have to be sheik from SSBM not brawl, she only rocked in melee. and just for the hell of it, "GET OVER HERE!"
Just a question:

Why oh why does everyone keep saying mitsurugi is cheap? I mean I know in SC 2 his moves linked up very, very well but still, Let me know.
Wow, I hadn't even noticed I left out the word, "not" as in he's not cheap. I've been called cheap a total of one time while using him and that was when the guy was kicking my ass, it confused me especially since he got out of the combo I used at the exact point where I have to stop or else I'm wide open for attack.
Ah good times. All the characters I listed are my best characters, and I think Taki didn't have a problem of being left open from attacks at all. In fact I remember going from one combo to another, the only remedy against me being a counter. And don't even get me started on Seung Mina with Soul Edge on SCII, I actually think there was no downside to her with that weapon.

Also why did they take out Necro? He wasn't that bad.

MsDevin92

Nov 9, 2008
Talim in Soul Calibur. Something about those spinny elbow-length swords turns fighting games from a series I always pathetically lose at to a series I usually win flawlessly at. ...Unless I'm playing against actual people.
Also in terms of Soul Calibur, although second to that adorable Filipino priestess, I'm pretty good as Cassandra. It's always fun having a move where you crack someone's skull open between your thighs.

Tekken...Wow, haven't touched that series in ages. Well, back when I was really little and had like one of the first ones, I always played as Jun. Now I either play as the Brazilian capoeira chick in the shiny silver pants, or the Japanese girl with the giant pet panda. Or Nina.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
SmoothGlover said:
Baek from Tekken is pretty good, i liked his style of fighting a lot better than some of the more fist based characters.

Thanks to Soul Calibur IV i can say that my favourite character in a fighting game is my custom made character: Wilber Force, the stereotypical gay 80s guy dressed as the pope. Can it get any better?

Nope.
Oh god you just reminded me! I love Baek, he is one of my best characters on Tekken behind Asuka Kazama, and I consider him to be better than Hworang, but hworang was such a (if you pardon the over and misused expression) noob character, if you bashed X and O repeatedly, chances are you would win if the other person does not know how to counter.

Nutcase said:
Vanessa Lewis (VF). She is the one I like playing best, and also the most realistically-brutal character I've seen in a fighting game. Almost hurts watching some of her moves. Deep Sweeper, Heaven's Gate, Judgment: Guilty, ...

Akira (VF) for being highly unique and fun despite appearing to be the "generic karate dude" of the game at first glance. Other VF characters tend to be like that as well.

May (GG) for being insanely cute with her pirate wardrobe, giant anchor and pet dolphins. Most other GG character designs are great too. Venom, Faust, Johnny, Robo-Ky, etc. I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to play GG.
Vanessa's moveset was just perfect in my opinion, and she truly does have some brutal attacks.

And May is one of my favorites in GG, next to Johnny and Millia Rage.

Fightbulb said:
BiscuitWheels said:
I'm not a huge fan of the SNK games. But Vanessa is one of the best boxers ever in a fighting game and Geese Howard is a great evil boss.
I agree, Vanessa can be fucking scary in the right hands.
Putting watch mode on in m.u.g.e.n. and watching her fight...it's just insane, I haven't seen a real pro user of her yet in person though, I'm slightly above average with her I think.