Favorite classic game

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
Pokemon Red/Blue
Sim City 2000
Super Mario (from SM on NES to SM 64 on N64)
Spyro the Dragon

pompom8volt

May 21, 2009
ranger19 said:
Ah, nostalgia. The two games that I will say I loved as classics are Pokemon Red and Super Mario World. I kind of cheated on SMW though, since I didn't have a SNES (no matter how badly I wanted one), so it wasn't until it came out as a GBA port did I get to play it. Fantastic games though.

On a slightly off-topic note, I started playing classics ported to handhelds since I've been at college without my consoles. I finished SMB3 (very fun), and wanted to tackle A Link to the Past next. Anyone know if the "Link to the Past Four Swords Adventure" is actually a port of the original game? Because I remember Four Swords as being some weird multiplayer Zelda game, not the classic.
Yeah it's a bundle pack. the main selling point is the multi player but they also ported a version of A Link To The Past and threw that in. (I'll admit i cheated and didn't play it until the gba version.)

Chilliman

Mar 7, 2009
pompom8volt said:
Godavari said:
PokeMon for the gameboy.
They're still the best games ever.
Ok, I love me some Pokémon but we both know that there have been better games since they first came out on the Game Boy.
You sir, are wrong.

A random person

Apr 20, 2009
Sonic 3 & Knuckles is what made me a gamer. To put in perspective how much I love the game, I still have faith in the Sonic series because of it.

pompom8volt

May 21, 2009
Chilliman said:
pompom8volt said:
Godavari said:
PokeMon for the gameboy.
They're still the best games ever.
Ok, I love me some Pokémon but we both know that there have been better games since they first came out on the Game Boy.
You sir, are wrong.
Your face is wrong! ZING! betcha didn't see that one coming.

I'm just to damn clever.

Omikron009

May 22, 2009
The first video game I ever played, as far as I can remember, was tyrian. It was a wonderful top scrolling DOS flight shooter similar to the raiden games. I played that every time I went to my friend's house until one day his older sister turned off the computer when the game was loading and it broke forever. I recently obtained a copy of it, but it just isn't the same.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
I still love Specter (old Mac shoot-em-up game) and the original Super Mario.

ranger19

Nov 19, 2008
pompom8volt said:
ranger19 said:
Ah, nostalgia. The two games that I will say I loved as classics are Pokemon Red and Super Mario World. I kind of cheated on SMW though, since I didn't have a SNES (no matter how badly I wanted one), so it wasn't until it came out as a GBA port did I get to play it. Fantastic games though.

On a slightly off-topic note, I started playing classics ported to handhelds since I've been at college without my consoles. I finished SMB3 (very fun), and wanted to tackle A Link to the Past next. Anyone know if the "Link to the Past Four Swords Adventure" is actually a port of the original game? Because I remember Four Swords as being some weird multiplayer Zelda game, not the classic.
Yeah it's a bundle pack. the main selling point is the multi player but they also ported a version of A Link To The Past and threw that in. (I'll admit i cheated and didn't play it until the gba version.)
Thanks a bunch! I bought it on the wii store, but never got around to playing it.. I also own the Zelda collector's edition, and at home am trying to finish OoT and play MM.. and then maybe WW.. it's just so much easier when I don't have consoles to distract me, and I can play from the comfort of my bed.

It's hard to imagine that the selling point of the bundle wasn't ALttP. :p

atv_chic_18

Feb 15, 2009
I could come up with a decent list for board games, computer games, and video games but I'll spare you all and not do it.

Squoze

Apr 16, 2009
NBA Jam baby. I use those rules every time I play any game with a ball. Three in a row of whatever and we light the ball on fire.

Crapster

Aug 6, 2009
Super Mario Brothers. I know that's cliche but Mario was THE MAN when I was younger. And it's a game that I can play today and still feel somewhat challenged by.