Favorite current actor?

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Right now who's your favorite actor?

I'd have to say Tom Hardy. He has the looks, both good and can look indimidaitng. He is a beast. Can't wait to see some Bat-breaking action.

Also, how do I post images? I wish to share.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Nicolas cage or Sean bean have always been favourites of mine.

To post an image.

[ img]then place the images URL here[/img ] (just get rid of the spaces in the brackets)

I will add Peter Dinklage as well, just for being a motherfucking boss in Game of Thrones.

Edit: Your welcome :3

Total LOLige

Jul 17, 2009
I quite like Sean Bean, his Yorkshire accent is awesome. "Strong int arm thick int head" Lancashire FTW.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
ToTaL LoLiGe said:
I quite like Sean Bean, his Yorkshire accent is awesome. "Strong int arm thick int head" Lancashire FTW.
I hope you realise you've just committed blasphemy by comparing us Yorkshiremen to those Lancashire scumbags! :p

OT: Edward Norton. I think he's a great actor.

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
I have a little list:
Jude Law
David Tennant
John Simm

For obvious reasons this is one of my favourite TV events of all time:
http://ashesonmars.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/simmwho.jpg

Having seen all three live, I can say that these are brilliant actors both on stage and on screen.

Matt Damon's in a disproportionately large amount of good movies as well...

sextus the crazy

Oct 15, 2011
Christopher Walkin. He's always a pleasure to watch, even in the bad movies he's in, simply because he always looks like he's having fun.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Hazy992 said:
ToTaL LoLiGe said:
I hope you realise you've just committed blasphemy by comparing us Yorkshiremen to those Lancashire scumbags! :p

-snip-
My Yorkshire senses are tingling!
Wiki says he's from South Yorkshire That still counts, unfortunately :p

OT: I agree with Hardy, he's epic.
Nya, there's loads of actors I like. I watched Spy Hard last night so special mention to Leslie Neilsen.
Christopher Lee, his voice alone is enough.
Patrick Stewart. I love him in American Dad too.
Christopher Walken
[sub]I have a thing for voices[/sub]
Robert Downey Jr, Johnny Depp and Liam Neeson are high up on the list too. I'll usually go see a move if they're in it. (Not sure If I can see past my hate of Rihanna to go see Battlefield though...)

Captcha: Hairy Eyeball. Wtf??

TheFunPolice

Mar 29, 2011
Probably Samuel L. Jackson or the Guy who played Mr. White in Reservoir Dogs, I forget his name but he's brilliant

But Samuel L. Jackson simply because of his role in Pulp Fiction, it was just unforgettable

And Mr. White because of his acting in Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction. It's hard to tell why I love him so much, since there are other clearly better actors, I suppose I just LOVE his style

Hollyday

Mar 5, 2012
Sam Rockwell. In the words of Empire magazine he makes everything he's in 27% better by his presence alone. He almost made Iron Man 2 watchable. Almost.

Jun 16, 2010
Charlize Theron is actually a great actor. She has amazing range and isn't afraid to do unconventional roles, even if it could put her "pretty blonde airhead Hollywood bimbo" image at risk (which is something a lot of female actors shy away from).
I realised recently that she's just as good as Gary Oldman, Brad Pitt, Ed Norton and all the other actors I respect. And not too hard on the eyes:

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Hugh Laurie, Robert Downey Jr, Samuel L Jackson and Liam Neeson. If they were all to be a film together (I have no idea why they all would be) I think I would end up dying from excitement.

EDIT: Oooh forgot about Tim Roth. Add him to the dying from excitement list.

PrinceOfShapeir

Mar 27, 2011
We need a movie starring William Shatner, Christopher Walken, and Jeff Goldblum. This is totally unrelated to the topic at hand.

Favorite actor? Probably...Liam Neeson, actually. Something about him is just awesome.

Bloodtrozorx

Jan 23, 2012
TheFunPolice said:
Probably Samuel L. Jackson or the Guy who played Mr. White in Reservoir Dogs, I forget his name but he's brilliant

But Samuel L. Jackson simply because of his role in Pulp Fiction, it was just unforgettable

And Mr. White because of his acting in Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction. It's hard to tell why I love him so much, since there are other clearly better actors, I suppose I just LOVE his style
Mr. White, Mr. Harvey Keitel himself. One of my favorite actors. Along with Samuel L. Jackson, John Travolta, Steve Buscemi and Eli Roth. (Tarantino FTW)

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
Hmm...that's a tough call. There are a lot of actors I really like.

Off the top of my head though, I'm actually gonna go ahead and say Donald Glover. He's got a natural comedic talent, which is only emphasized if you watch the Community DVD commentary and actually find out he improvises most of his really good lines.

There was even a campaign for him to play Spiderman, and I think if that had worked, I might actually be excited for the new movie.

I'd also like to give a special nod to Jason Lee for just being awesome. He can do comedy and he's shown his hat with some pretty villainous roles as well with Dogma and The Incredibles.

OH! And for actress, no question, Kat Dennings. I have no complaints about her. I think she's doing a great job (I'm sadly not a fan of her show...but I like her)

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
I thought this thread was needed after that other thread of worst actors appeared - far too much actor hate there!

I'm not sure about my favourite actually... I always thought Jim Carrey was hilarious and he's an awesome actor. So him, and I'd usually go see anything with Will Smith.

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
Gary Oldman after watching Sid and Nancy moved up my list of favourite actors as well as Martin Landau after his stunning performance as Bela Lugosi in Ed Wood.

My favourites though are: Christopher Walken, Jeff Bridges and Sean Bean.

TheFunPolice

Mar 29, 2011
Bloodtrozorx said:
TheFunPolice said:

Mr. White, Mr. Harvey Keitel himself. One of my favorite actors. Along with Samuel L. Jackson, John Travolta, Steve Buscemi and Eli Roth. (Tarantino FTW)

THANK YOU!!!! Tarantino is one badass director I must say, all of his movies are brilliant, with the exception of Jackie Brown...