Favorite current actor?

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
Bruce Willis has always been my favourite. He can do both action and comedy insanely well and pull them both off flawlessly.
I also adore Patrick Stewart, Kevin Spacey, Nathan Fillian, Robert Downey Jr, Edward Norton and Jason Segel. I know Jason Segel isn't exactly massive or mindblowing but he's been in some of my favourite films (I Love You, Man and The Muppets) and he gives me tingles.

n00dle37

Aug 29, 2011
Alfie Allen was brilliant as Theon in the latest episode of Game of Thrones, that beheading scene was brutal.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Hazy992 said:
OT: Edward Norton. I think he's a great actor.
Indeed he is. Pity most of the films he stars in aren't worth his talent.

Also, anyone who adds Nicolas Cage or Tom Cruise as their favourites - please forward your address so I can personally hunt you down.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
In no particular order, Robert Downey Jr., and Samuel L. Jackson. Yes, I just watched The Avengers yesterday.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Gary Oldman has always been a favorite of mine. Noticed him after watching a movie(don't recall which one though) and realised I had seen tons of movies he had starred in. He always does a great performance and is great at... masquerading(?) himself.

Lt._nefarious

Apr 11, 2012
Natalie Portman

She's crazy talented, seems like a half decent person in real life, has a good filmography and look at her... just... look at her...

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Robert Downey Junior.
Love that guy, such a good actor, glad to see he got his life together.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Strain42 said:
he improvises most of his really good lines.
That's especially impressive considering he probably has the best one-liners one a show. I enjoy all of the characters on the show quite a bit but Troy has to be my favorite. Especially since he's actually experiencing more of a character arc than a lot of the others.

As for my choice. The best acting I've seen lately has been coming from Game of Thrones so I'll throw up these two:

Sure the character is written with great dialogue to help us hate him but the kid's delivery of every line just makes me want to strangle him. That's a very good thing if you are playing a villain.

By far my favorite character on the show. He has the best lines and always delivers them perfectly.

Cheery Lunatic

Aug 18, 2009
I'm just gonna assume we're talking about actors that are alive and active in their career, because plenty of the ones I love aren't of the living.

Dudes: Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Ryan Gosling, Christian Bale, Bryan Cranston
Chicas: Natalie Portman, Rachel Weisz, Carey Mulligan, Chloe Moretz (after seeing Kick-Ass, Hugo, and Let Me In, I am incredibly impressed with this girl)

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
Hollyday said:
Sam Rockwell. In the words of Empire magazine he makes everything he's in 27% better by his presence alone. He almost made Iron Man 2 watchable. Almost.
Sam Rockwell was in Iron Man 2? Wtf!

Sam Rockwell is a fantastic actor and Moon is a motherfucking masterpiece.

OT: Sean Bean has always been a favorite of mine (As with many children of the 90's, Goldeneye was a seminal movie for me).

bigfatcarp93

Mar 26, 2012
Gary Oldman. One of the most versatile actors ever to live, he fits perfectly into any role you put him in.

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
Michael Shannon. I'd watch him in anything. I first saw him in Bug and later in The Runaways and Boardwalk Empire. He usually is playing a character utilizing every inch of willpower to repress massive levels of insanity. I can't take my eyes off of him whenever he's on screen.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
-Simon Pegg

He's a model comedic actor.
Plays the role straight when it needs to be played straight, and doesn't mug like a jackass.
Plus, as I understand it, he's very good at incorporating all bits of research and geek cred into his movies; subtly even.

leaderproxima

Mar 1, 2012
Gary oldman. Ive seen every single one of his movies and i can tell you, a lot of the time i couldnt even tell it was him, he was so good at the roles that he made me believe he was the character.
He's just such a good actor. Sirius black, commisionor gordon, zorg. wow.