Favorite DDO race/class combo

ntomlin63

Mar 19, 2009
In an attempt to illustrate to the folks that don't play DDO some of the varied options I thought I would see if I can get the DDO players to post their favorite race/class combos.

I am a traditionalist. Human paladin is by far my favorite. Followed by dwarf ranger.

pantsoffdanceoff

Jun 14, 2008
Well I play normal D&D so is my opinion still valid? If so, gotta love the Tiefling Ranger.

Although WTF I loved playing Bard but they took that out?

Lozzo87

Mar 19, 2009
I'm starting to think the OP is a DDO marketing/ pr person :). However, even if he is i'm still interested in the game. Ever since I looked at the big DDO thread created earlier, and Turbine's popularity in the votes, I got interested in the game and started downloading the 10 day trial.

I was a massive fan of Neverwinter Nights, never really played the REAL D&D, but hopefully this will not disappoint!

ntomlin63

Mar 19, 2009
Dear god I WISH I was a DDO and/or Turbine marketing/PR person. I would so much rather do that for a living than being a corrections officer. No, I am simply a HUGE fan of DDO. It was finally a game that captured the feel of sitting down with friends to play a session of D&D.

Lozzo87

Mar 19, 2009
I know this is a bit off topic, but i'm downloading the trial from Fileplanet and in my Download Manager, it says the file is 4.65GB even though both Fileplanet and the DDO site say the file is 1.6GB. I've looked on Fileplanet for other files, but it seems like I have the right one, is it supposed to be this big?

Da_Schwartz

Jul 15, 2008
Oooo s DDO thread :D yay. So even though my highest on ddo is like lvl 12 and I've ben on again mostly off again for over a year in that game. It's awesome. I did however really dig the Drow sorcerors or the Rangers. :D

Parallel Streaks

Jan 16, 2008
In normal D&D my favourite combination was always Half-Troll Barbarian, just the amount of raw strength that that combo had was amazing. I miss being a player, now I'm just the lonely old DM, but I'm happy.

I really need some friends.

CrustyMedic

Mar 19, 2009
Have so many, ones I play the most, Dwarven Tempest Ranger dual wielding those Dwarven Axes and a cleric/monk/paladin with awsome evaison, AC and saves.

Fretgoop

Mar 30, 2009
Dwarven Battle Priest, and my very own creation the Intimidating Evadtank Halfing! 10 paladin, 3 fighter, 3 rogue!

Hakushi

Mar 21, 2008
Mrsnugglesworth said:
Halfling rogue.
Exactly like me, my main and favorite character is a halfling rogue, and guess what, I have another in the works that I will star to play soon.

doctorwhofan

Mar 20, 2009
Here are mine:

Drow cleric-Trissa
human sorcerer-kleo
human Pally-sousake
human cleric-Roselyn
elven paladin-Mulder
human wizard-Oncoming
human fighter/pally-Caboose
human cleric-Scully
drow bard-Courwin
elven rogue/ranger-Kaname
human cleric-Lanarissa
elven ranger-Doomlord
drow cleric/rogue-Tnannet
warforged cleric/sorcerer-Healbotatron
human pally-Jennysmith
drow ranger-Keatheran
human cleric- Allura
elven cleric/ranger-Fatherabel

rest are namesaves.

doctorwhofan

Mar 20, 2009
Lozzo87 said:
I know this is a bit off topic, but i'm downloading the trial from Fileplanet and in my Download Manager, it says the file is 4.65GB even though both Fileplanet and the DDO site say the file is 1.6GB. I've looked on Fileplanet for other files, but it seems like I have the right one, is it supposed to be this big?
Sounds right. DDO is a big game with high graphics.

SchnorriS

Mar 20, 2009
Hi Trissa!

maybe we should get some early sleep and hope the game will be back up tomorrow ...

for the post, my top characters are:

Narran Wolfreyer: Elven Ranger 14/Rogue 1/Fighter 1. dual-wielding puncturing GTWF, weapon finesse [favored enemies undead, evil outsiders, giants?] and decent rogue skills
Wratchet MD: Warforged Cleric 15/Sorceror 1. Healbot but with with good spell penetration
Schnorri Steinsmasher Dwarf Fighter 14/Ranger 2 - dwarven axe-wielding GTWF, slashing specced damage dealer

Swordsponge

Mar 19, 2009
pantsoffdanceoff said:
Well I play normal D&D so is my opinion still valid? If so, gotta love the Tiefling Ranger.

LOL lunarsong is my bard if turbine dared to remove the bard class there be hell to pay! bards in ddo are freaking great man there so diversed that you can make at lest 20 defrient types of builds and they all rock.
right now my favorite toon is my monk mojo. monks are great for solo play and if you build them right they can tank with the best of them at end content. you will have to build your toon for end content. unfortaly its not a new player build they are really weak if your not tweaked which makes them even funner to play becouse its a real hard class to uber up.

pantsoffdanceoff

Jun 14, 2008
Swordsponge said:
pantsoffdanceoff said:

LOL lunarsong is my bard if turbine dared to remove the bard class there be hell to pay! bards in ddo are freaking great man there so diversed that you can make at lest 20 defrient types of builds and they all rock.
right now my favorite toon is my monk mojo. monks are great for solo play and if you build them right they can tank with the best of them at end content. you will have to build your toon for end content. unfortaly its not a new player build they are really weak if your not tweaked which makes them even funner to play becouse its a real hard class to uber up.
Out of curiosity, did they put Warlord in DDO with the new ruleset?