Favorite DDO race/class combo

toord

Mar 19, 2009
pantsoffdanceoff said:
Well I play normal D&D so is my opinion still valid? If so, gotta love the Tiefling Ranger.

Although WTF I loved playing Bard but they took that out?
They brought Bards back in PHB v2

toord

Mar 19, 2009
ntomlin63 said:
In an attempt to illustrate to the folks that don't play DDO some of the varied options I thought I would see if I can get the DDO players to post their favorite race/class combos.

I am a traditionalist. Human paladin is by far my favorite. Followed by dwarf ranger.
Human Sorc x2
Human Pally
Human cleric
Human rng14/1monk/1rge (planned though I might opt for rng18/rogue2 instead)
Elf Monk
Elf Cleric

Gathering from above ... favorite race Human. Favorite class(es) spell casters (divine and arcane).

toord

Mar 19, 2009
Pericol said:
i assume pve is more or less like every other d&d based game out there, but whats the pvp like ?
PvP in DDO is just for lulz and grins. Usually just to burn time during slow times. In Argonnessen we have a DJ-type person (Hawksendoom) who always gets PvP parties together with music included and all (and yes, the voice chat system comes included in the game and it's very good). I'd say that D&D in general is not PvP based, thus DDO isn't either.

dirte

Mar 19, 2009
toord said:
Pericol said:
i assume pve is more or less like every other d&d based game out there, but whats the pvp like ?
PvP in DDO is just for lulz and grins. Usually just to burn time during slow times. In Argonnessen we have a DJ-type person (Hawksendoom) who always gets PvP parties together with music included and all (and yes, the voice chat system comes included in the game and it's very good). I'd say that D&D in general is not PvP based, thus DDO isn't either.
on the DDO forum thay keep a pvp count, if you like to show that kind of stuff off. (Props to Hawk) you can make it as much a part of you play time as you want. there is new PvP option coming in Mod9 you can start a match from anywhere and be teleported to arena "i think".

Guinasso

Jul 20, 2009
my semi strang biuld is a Human (astonishing I know) sorror / rouge that spesilises in iluson and cross bows

Nigh Invulnerable

Jan 5, 2009
ntomlin63 said:
Dear god I WISH I was a DDO and/or Turbine marketing/PR person. I would so much rather do that for a living than being a corrections officer. No, I am simply a HUGE fan of DDO. It was finally a game that captured the feel of sitting down with friends to play a session of D&D.
I gave DDO a try and was generally unimpressed with it. It's just another MMO and completely failed to create any sense of attachment for me. My character was just a silly little digital dude in armor, the ability to roam freely and create any story I want was missing. That's the essence of tabletop D&D for me.

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
Human female Favored Soul, combat healing focused.

Human female Ranger/Monk/Rogue, Tempest Exploiter build.

Those were the only one's I really cared about playing. Fiddled with others on the side, but never to any decent level.

Edit: I also played Argonessen. If someone feels like getting together on that one at some point..!