Favorite Death Scene

crimsonyte

Aug 12, 2009
KAPTAINmORGANnWo4life said:
Three pages and no Braveheart? That was the only time I have ever cried at a movie. And I've seen some serious tear-jerkers.
That was pretty epic. But I've watched that movie so many times that it doesn't even phase me anymore.

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
Grom from Warcraft III.
King Terenas from the same.
The nuke part in Mass Effect.
Also the death of Tenpenny in San Andreas.

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
Any Leon death in Resident Evil 4. The two that freaked me out the most were the bugs in the sewer that spray acid on you, and if you die from it, your face melts off.

And the second was the knife fight with Krauser, at the very end when he pushed the knife slowly into your chest. (shivers) Eugh...

Seras

Aug 12, 2009
Kamina's Death from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Just because of the manly speech :p

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
Fallout 2, the final boss Frank Horrigan, when his health reaches zero he gets torn in half and after saying his final words his head explodes.

crimsonyte

Aug 12, 2009
Macross Frontier

When Mikhail (Michael/Michel) died. A lot of people on the anime forums said they saw it coming. I sure as hell didn't. The song that Sheryl sang went very well with it. To add salt to the wound, they ended the episode with a still of his broken glasses on the floor.

skerx

Aug 7, 2009
In Drakenguard when
caim kills his sister and is holding her on a cliff while the world is being destroyed
got to be the one that stuck in my mind the most.

desolateone

Apr 8, 2009
Definitely Bob's death in PHANTASMAGORIA!! DO YOU NOT TREMBLE AT ITS SOUL SUCKING HORROR?!?
i'd post a video of it, but the only one i can find is on spoony's lp and each parts like an hour long, so....

bushwhacker2k

Jan 27, 2009
JemJar said:
Geeky as it is: the death of Sturm Brightblade at the end of Dragons of Winter Night (second of the original Dragonlance books).

I really wish I had a cooler death moment to reference, I really do.
Yayyyyyyyyy! Time to add you as a friend, best book series EVER. Actually going to reread it NOW.

Instant K4rma

StormFella
Aug 29, 2008
As much as I love Travolta, Vincent Vega's death in Pulp fiction cracked me up so hard. Pop tarts + mini uzi + Bruce Willis = epic death scene for Vincent Vega.

AshbyD

Feb 28, 2009
The_ModeRazor said:
Grom from Warcraft III.
King Terenas from the same.
The nuke part in Mass Effect.
Also the death of Tenpenny in San Andreas.
I was Going to say Grom As well and also in fable1 when your mother get killed.

TheSentinel

May 10, 2008
thebobmaster said:
mr man said:
seb2net said:
In PHANTASMAGORIA: A PUZZLE OF THE FLESH!!! a guy gets his hands pierced with pancils, mouth stapled shut with an industrial stapler and finally cut from stem to stern with a box cutter. All live action!!

edit: AN, not A
phantasmagoria the search for the missing wallet

(that death is great by the way)
...You mean I'm not the only one who watches The Spoony Experiment?
No you are not my friend. No you are not.

PrimeZero2

Apr 30, 2008
Sad deaths = Aeris in FFVII: Only time I have EVER been made to cry by a game; Zack in Crisis Core: It was sad to see him go once you actually got to know him; Gandalf/Boromir in LOTR: knew it was coming, but it was done so well that it was sad as hell.

Awesome deaths = Dinobot in Beast Wars, Scirocco in Zeta Gundam, Alex Row in Last Exile, Katsumoto in The Last Samurai.

Funny Deaths = Paris Hilton in House of Wax, Gates in Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid, the random gang member in Watchmen who gets his arm broken open by Silk Spectre and then is shot by his friend 3 times, the ten English soldiers in The Three Musketeers who get a wall pushed on top of them while interrupting the musketeers' breakfast.

NBSRDan

Aug 15, 2009
My favorite serious, dramatic death scene is in Watchmen,
When Dr. Manhattan makes Rorschach explode.

My favorite over-the-top, ridiculous death scene is in Wanted,
When Fox fires a bullet in such a way that it not only curves, but does so in a 360-degree arc with a ~10-foot diameter, passing through several people's heads and finally into her own.