Favorite Death Scene

Vern

Sep 19, 2008
Certainly not a 'favorite' death scene, but the most memorable to me was from Full Metal Jacket. The bathroom scene with Joker, Pyle, and Hartman. It still sticks with me as one of the most surreal, messed up death sequences I've ever watched. If you haven't seen it, I don't want to directly spoil a major part of the movie. Still, if you haven't seen Full Metal Jacket you need to. I'll provide a link to the video for those curious, it has Adult Language, Violence, and Adult Situations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlrX3bwQ2rk

Brett Alex

Jul 22, 2008
I think I saw it mentioned once here, but it deserves another one:

Blade Runner said:
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
I watched C-beams glitter in the darkness near the Tanhauser gate.
All these moments, lost in time... like tears... in rain.

Time to die.

timmytom1

Feb 26, 2009
LordGarbageMan said:
Im not sure if anyone listed this but the ending of 3:10 to Yuma not gonna spoil
That was a pretty epic ending i agree ,when he tells the criminal the truth about what he reallly did in the war ,and of course that death by that death i assume you mean
the one right near the end when they reach the train

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
CoD4 where you crawl through the nuclear fallout, your own death in fallout 3 (assuming you chose that), Issac's death in Dead Space, Obi-wans death in Episode iv, Starkillers death in Force Unleashed (assuming you chose that path), Agent Smith's first death in the first Matrix film

cheese_wizington

Aug 16, 2009
I can't name em all but...

MAJOR SPOILERS

Vincent in Pulp Fiction

The Bear Jew and Donny theater explosion in Basterds

Dad in Fallout 3

Mrs. Lovett in Sweeney Todd

Bills Death in kill bill

Anyones deaths in Kill Bill....

Obi Wan

Kortney

Nov 2, 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSftS2XK_bM&feature=related

Best and most downright shocking death scene. Keithy George dying in Chopper. Australian members here will remember this one. When I first saw this scene I was seriously disturbed. The fact that this is a true story makes it a little better haha.

Samuel Adams

Apr 16, 2009
Umm, can't really think of anything right now so I'll stick with this.

When Beatrice(spelling?) uses the 5 point palm exploding heart technique on Bill in Kill Bill volume II.

Sentient6

Nov 26, 2009
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."
And the you die. Awesome.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
The death of a Dream, specifically the black-haired Dream of the Endless, which he had masterfully done in setup and action and aftermath.

NoriYuki Sato

May 26, 2009
Major Stroud ((Anya's Mother)) with Anya listening to her Mother's death and Carlos Santiago in Gears of War: Aspho Fields. it's so depressing it just hits hard and leaves a depressing image in your mind..

bossfight1

Apr 23, 2009
http://youtu.be/UsbcN2LbgvM

...What? Was this restricted to more violent deaths?

Maybe I like deaths that involve the victim being sucked into a big maelstrom of damnation.

onewheeled

Aug 4, 2009
When George kills Lenny in the book. It's one of the most beautifully intense, dramatic moments I've ever read, seeing the battle he's going through with himself. It's a damn shame Gary Sinise fucked it up so bad in the movie...

It can be in a book, right? Because that's my favorite, by far. Excellent book.

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
Here is the most memorable/moving death scene that I can remember, put into spoiler tags.

and yes, that is a pre-crazy Charlie Sheen in the helicopter

Arsen

Nov 26, 2008
I love how the idiots in here spoil who dies THEN post the spoiler...

I'd post something but I'm deathly afraid of reading "A Dance with Dragons" spoilers.