Favorite film fight scenes

mrjoe94

Sep 28, 2009
Karhukonna said:
This fight from the Jackie Chan film Gorgeous.

I love it 'cos you so rarely see a fight that's not only fair, but against such a noble villain. He even agrees to fight Jackie while wearing bigger gloves, just to give himself a slight handicap due to Jackie being a little out of shape. A villain who just wants a fair, even match. I suppose he's not really a bad guy, but he still serves as the violent villain for the film.
What movie is this?

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
The fight scene in They Live!

It comes completely out of nowhere, lasts about 6 minutes and it's all over someone refusing to wear a pair of magic sunglasses:

It just goes on and on. When you think they're finished one of them gets up and starts punching again. It's cinema gold.

purf

Nov 29, 2010
Wild Bunch, Ong Bak, Equilibrium... some nice examples here! :)

let me add the Bourne movies. Here [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKcqLViFw1M]'s an extremely shitty video.

and then there's this:

Genocidicles said:
They Live!

!!! haven't seen it in ages, naturally, but my memory says "FUCKYEAH!"

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
I've got two from The Matrix series; both of them kickass in my opinion.

<youtube=w_su7Kdz3pg>

<youtube=4puUo4OYViE>

Aaaaand because someone is bound to put this up, here's 58 seconds of the greatest 20 minutes of superhero action ever.
<youtube=4Rn3gm_DEdo>

IllumInaTIma

Flesh is but a garment!
Feb 6, 2012
Nice, no one mentioned final fight of Matrix: Revolution yet, so here I go!

<youtube=YBQLEhzlYX8>

The music, the choreography, the visuals, everything is just so awesome in this scene! And the fact that they decided to just go over the top makes it all so much better!

The Warrior's way also has one of the most stylish sword fight scenes I've seen.

<youtube=cU0C7rXFhx8>

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
The first Transporter film has some of my favorites, even to this day.

And the scene were he outwits and outmatches two guys using only his t-shirt. Great nod to Jackie Chan and done very well I thought.

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
Loved this final scene from the excellent Korean action movie "The Man from Nowhere"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0BcGXHVfBg

And another of my favorites in Donnie Yuen vs. Jing Wu in the film "Sha Po Lang" (I think the American release was called "Killzone").

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZs48lJXhxM

Oh, and if someone can show me how to embed videos (since I clearly don't know how) I'd appreciate it.

davidsoc

Mar 8, 2011
mrjoe94 said:
Karhukonna said:
This fight from the Jackie Chan film Gorgeous.

I love it 'cos you so rarely see a fight that's not only fair, but against such a noble villain. He even agrees to fight Jackie while wearing bigger gloves, just to give himself a slight handicap due to Jackie being a little out of shape. A villain who just wants a fair, even match. I suppose he's not really a bad guy, but he still serves as the violent villain for the film.
What movie is this?
It does not look like this was answered...the author listed the name, just not in italics...it is a film called Gorgeous....goofy as hell, but I have to admit i own it, and it is not the worst way to kill 80 minutes give or take

floppylobster

Oct 22, 2008
I was about to say how I most recently enjoyed The Raid but the OP beat me to it. And you can't be beaten more comprehensively than by the original poster (except maybe for those guys in The Raid).

lechat

Dec 5, 2012
always been a fan of clear comprehensible bullet/hyper time fight scenes myself

final fantasy advent children

the one

gantz

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
Haven't seen this one yet:

Also liked the 3-way 'key and waterwheel battle' in Dead Man's Chest but couldn't find a good-quality clip of it.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
So long into the thread, and we still have not mentioned the Armory Battle yet?
Do not fuck with Michelle Yeoh.

excalipoor

Jan 16, 2011
The movie is Swallowtail Butterfly.

Also, Warrior has plenty of great fights. The only thing I disliked about the movie was that Kurt Angle doesn't get to fight Bane. Angle would totally break Bane's ankle.

Nantucket_v1legacy

acting on my best behaviour
Mar 6, 2012
Basil Rathbone and Tyrone Power in The Mask of Zorro.
Both men were accomplished fencers and the fight had such flourish to it. Is it wrong that whenever I watch that film - I have to watch the fight about three times? It's brilliant. Both in colour and in black and white.

Superman 2 in the diner.
My nephew was crying, I was almost crying and a friend of mine was devastated. For the first time ever, a man in his 30s had felt pain and he couldn't beat the trucker. To make things worse: he had to stop Zod.
Christopher Reeve was a brilliant actor. He was able to pull off three very different versions of Superman and did a smashing job.