Favorite game as a Child?

JayCro

May 1, 2008
I'd have to go with Flashback, where the guy lost his memory and has to uncover a conspiracy. A bit sketchy on the details, been ages since I played it.

Was the first game I remember playing for the storyline rather then just hitting and/or shooting things. From what I remember though, the game play was pretty awesome for it's time.

Feb 13, 2008
mshcherbatskaya said:
werepossum said:
This sucks. There WEREN'T any video games when I was a child!
Exactly! I mean, my favorite when I was 5-10? *wikipedia timeline dig* Space Invaders.
Don't worry, we can make our own thread. About Sticklebrix and Poleidoblocks and Fischertechnik and Meccano and Wendy Houses.

Oh_snap35

May 1, 2008
I mostly played the usual SNES games: Donkey Kong Country, megaman, and everything Mario. Then I was obsessed with Final Fantasy later on.

Vaynes

Mar 20, 2008
Cadaver on the Atari ST, a great isometric dungeon crawling puzzle game. Then the SSI AD&D games (Hillsfar, Pools of Radiance, Eye of the Beholder etc.) on 5 1/4" floppy disc's on my dad's 286 PC.

My first gaming system was a Commodore +4 but since I've blocked out most of my early childhood memories I can't really remember any games for that other than treasure island which i could complete in about 30 minutes.

ShyWinter

Apr 25, 2008
I can't remember my first game, but a few that stand out are:

General Chaos
Star Fox - the original one for SNES
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Mortal Kombat - I remember being freaked out by the blood.
Virtua Cop 1 & 2

bowsmand

Mar 23, 2008
-Battletoads
-Legend of Zelda
-Gauntlet II (for some reason I never played #1)
-Lands of Lore: The Throne of Chaos
-Street Fighter 2010
-Out of This World ("Another World" outside the US)
-Dragon Crystal
-Eye of the Beholder (admittedly, for the character generator)
-Dungeon Master
-Earthworm Jim

And how could I forget Sid Meier's "Pirates!"?

Mr. Purple

May 1, 2008
When i was 9 i was playin a wonderful thing called the N64! As much as i loved the Sega genesis games like Sonic i Absolutely adored the N64. i think my favorite game was one called Mischief Makers. :3

MaxRaine

May 1, 2008
My favorite game as a child was first Super Mario Bros. as it as the first game I came in contact with at a friend's place.

Then I finally got myself a console, the Sega Megadrive (Genesis) and Sonic and I loved it for as long as it took me to get Toejam and Earl, still one of the best games ever due to it's completly awesome cast of enemies =D I remember walking around on the higher levels terrified to get crushed to death by an ice cream truck xD