Favorite game. Ever. Period.

MightyMole

Mar 5, 2011
Hm... I'd say from nostalgia Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time or Pokémon Red/Blue, non-nostalgic I'd say probably Fallout 3 or Mass Effect 2. Yeah... I'm pretty mainstream, but so what?

Raiha

Jul 3, 2009
i have to agree with the OP. i added it up one time and i think i have played chrono trigger for over 200 hours. for a game that takes about 30 hours to complete on the first run through completing all of the optional sidequests that is a whole lot of replays.

Samwise137

J. Jonah Jameson
Aug 3, 2010
I also must say Star Wars: Tie Fighter. I had it on my very first computer and logged many happy hours on that machine.

chromewarriorXIII

The One with the Cake
Oct 17, 2008
Tales of Symphonia. Not only is it a great game with characters that I love, a game that I had a lot of fun playing with my friends, and the game that helped bring me and my girlfriend together, it's also the only game to have ever made me cry. That is why it is my favorite game.

BrailleOperatic

Jul 7, 2010
Either Pokemon Emerald Version, or The Elder Scrolls V: Oblivion. They're the two games that I keep going back to. Shadow of the Colossus might have made the list, but I've lost my copy, and it might be a little too challenging for me to just pick it up and play. SoC takes commitment.

AgnosticMessiah

Nov 24, 2009
Persona 3
Love the story, Love the characters, Love the combat (even if it can get repetitive but then that's the case with most RPG's)

TheKramers

May 26, 2011
NinjaDeathSlap said:
Assassin's Creed 2.

I love the story, I love the characters, I love the setting, I love the History, I love the environments, I love the mechanics, I love how the RPG elements are useful but never feel like they are getting in the way and slowing thins down. Not to mention I am yet to find anything in any game quite as satisfying, no matter how many times you repeat it, than falling several stories to the ground, only to break your fall at the last minute by skull-fucking two witless guards with your hidden blades.

I never call anything perfect, but for me AC2 just ticked so many boxes that I doubt it will be beaten, ever.
Not even Brotherhood? I thought Brotherhood was better than 2 in every way. And the multiplayer was/is AMAZING.

Koroviev

Oct 3, 2010
Persona 3 Portable. I almost didn't bother to go see "Inception" because I was so preoccupied with it.

indiangrunt91

Aug 5, 2009
Man this one is tough. Its between Portal, Mass Effect 2, Rome Total War and Battlefield 1942.
ummmmmmmmm. i guess i will go with Mass Effect 2, ive probably played on that one the most

ZeroChan

Aug 2, 2011

I know there are better games out there, but this point-and-click adventure holds a special place in my heart.
(Tied for second place is Myst III: Exile and Katamari Damacy)

DuskServent

Jul 22, 2010
I would probably say Virtual On

Come on, it's probably one of the only good games sega has actually come out with.
Sad thing is there is only four games made of the Virtual On series, used to play this all the time at the movie theaters. Don't know if there still there or not. I still have the old pc version, I have Oratario Tangram, finally beat it after all this time. Still looking for a region free copy of Force, and I finally found a copy of MARZ.

This is probably one of the rarest and one of the best games ever in my opinion.

I guess another favorite game would be Super Robot Wars as well.

Dagda Mor

Jun 23, 2011
Um...I guess Shadow of the Colossus,but I only played it once,since it didn't have much replay value.I've spent between 100-500 hours collectively on the KotOR games,though.

tanithwolf

For The Epic Tanith Wolf
Mar 26, 2009
Timesplitters 2, it just has to be Timesplitters 2. I love it so much I have to just type it one more time, Timesplitters 2, ah that's the stuff.

shemoanscazrex3

Mar 24, 2010
Metal Gear Solid, it has to be because its the only game I've finished countless times. I'm about to start a new playthrough on my "playstation" cough cough

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Do. Not. Have. One. Period.

Never really saw the paint in having a single favourite of anything.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
TheKramers said:
NinjaDeathSlap said:
Assassin's Creed 2.

I love the story, I love the characters, I love the setting, I love the History, I love the environments, I love the mechanics, I love how the RPG elements are useful but never feel like they are getting in the way and slowing thins down. Not to mention I am yet to find anything in any game quite as satisfying, no matter how many times you repeat it, than falling several stories to the ground, only to break your fall at the last minute by skull-fucking two witless guards with your hidden blades.

I never call anything perfect, but for me AC2 just ticked so many boxes that I doubt it will be beaten, ever.
Not even Brotherhood? I thought Brotherhood was better than 2 in every way. And the multiplayer was/is AMAZING.
Don't get me wrong, I loved Brotherhood, and the multiplayer was great, but I guess I just preferred the epic, 20 year origin story of 2. Being introduced to Ezio as a new character and watching him grow and mature. Brotherhood just didn't seem to have as much of a... point. If you know what I mean.

I also wasn't a fan of the fact that you spend the whole aforementioned epic story of number 2 hunting down this one guy who is set up as this epitome of greed, blood lust and debauchery, but then in Brotherhood he is demoted to interfering old-man and his son who you've never heard of before is suddenly the new big-bad.

Finally, although it's always fun to have new weapons and gadgets there were times in Brotherhood that I had so many at my disposal that (1) many of them seemed pointless (2) The suspension of disbelief that Ezio could still move under the weight of all that ordinance, let alone do so without arousing any suspicion, was wearing a little thin, and (3) I was beginning to feel less like an Assassin, which implies stealth and precision, but more like a one man army, which while not in itself being inherently bad is not the feel I'm looking for from a game titled 'Assassin's Creed'.

I think that if they are going to add any more equipment then the overall feel of the game will be improved if they don't actually let you carry everything around with you at once. This will still offer variety without your inventory getting too cluttered, and adds another tactical element of having to choose which load outs are best for each mission, considering all eventualities.

But don't get me wrong it was still a great game, and if you preferred it that's just fine.