Favorite JoJo Stand?

SGT_Noobnuts

May 30, 2014
Sean Hollyman said:
TheNaut131 said:
The most powerful, spectacular, cleanest, and efficient Stand there is of course.

PROPANE NIGHTMARE
Lmfao that's great.

The weird thing is I was just listening to Propane Nightmares by Pendulum...
Is that a black Hank Hill?

amara2021

Mar 29, 2009
Mine's gotta be Heaven's Door, just for it's sheer infinite usefulness in any situation that involves other people. You get to read people's minds and ANYTHING you write on them becomes true. We didn't get to see it's full, frightening, potential in the manga because of course it had to be given to crotchety old man Rohan who hates other people (except Kochi) with a passion and has no ambition other than his writing. Combat based stands are great and all, but imagine if any of the main villains had Heaven's door as a stand, especially Diavolo. You wouldn't even even need to harm your enemies directly. Just use Heaven's door on anyone who may know them until you find their mother and then write "Has no son/daughter" and they'll just poof. Best stand ever that doesn't actively end the world every time you use it (That I know of, I skipped part 6 and just started 7).

Second runners up are:

Crazy Diamond (Craaazy Diamond! Can we fix it? Craaazy Diamond! Yes we can!)

Metallica (making your foes vomit razor blades made out of their own blood is so brutal)

Sex Pistols (The bullet passing thing is of limited use, but having multiple long ranged autonomous stands that can think independently of you and assist others is extremely useful. Imagine if Sheer Heart Attack was that smart. Also you can always keep one stand hidden from your enemy when you send them out so you don't get stand murdered. Plus, they are adorable and always look like they are having so much fun riding bullets around.

Sticky Fingers: (What wouldn't you use it for?)

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
Hermit Purple.

It has everything I need in life; a grappling hook, the ability to find anything(with the sacrifice of a disposable camera you can get pretty easy and cheap), and I can channel the power of the sun into it! The second best thing to vampiric laser eyes, really.

amara2021

Mar 29, 2009
SGT_Noobnuts said:
Fappy said:
ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA!
MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA MUDAAAAA!!!!

.............I'm sorry, I couldn't resist
WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Pappytech

Invested all my Souls into Res
Jun 7, 2011
I think I've got to go with Diego Brando's Scary Monster. It may not have a physical form, but come on! It lets Diego turn into a freaking dinosaur, complete with enhanced senses and super strength! Though of course, it did get kind of bullshit towards the end of Part 7. He can apparently turn anyone he scratches into anything dinosaur-shaped, including dinosaur shaped trees and candlesticks. Freaking weird.

Also from Steel Ball Run, Johnny Joestar's Tusk Act III. Specifically the part that lets him teleport by shooting himself with his own spinning fingernail bullets. Though Act IV, once he's mastered the Golden Spin, is pretty freaking rad as well.

...I wonder if I should be putting this stuff in spoilers.

From the earlier parts, Part 5's Sticky Fingers comes readily to mind, mostly because Bruno's battlecry is my favorite in the series:
Ariariariariariariariariariariariariariariariariariariariariariariariariariari~Arrivederci!

On a slightly different topic, there's really only one Stand that actively annoys me: Part 6's Weather Report. Because I'm fine with there being a Stand that can control the weather. I'm fine with there being a Stand that can turn people into snails. I'm not fine with there being a Stand that can turn people into snails by controlling the weather at them.

Relish in Chaos

Mar 7, 2012
Pappytech said:
On a slightly different topic, there's really only one Stand that actively annoys me: Part 6's Weather Report. Because I'm fine with there being a Stand that can control the weather. I'm fine with there being a Stand that can turn people into snails. I'm not fine with there being a Stand that can turn people into snails by controlling the weather at them.
I think it's more complex than that, but...yeah. That was pretty weird.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Sean Hollyman said:
TheNaut131 said:
The most powerful, spectacular, cleanest, and efficient Stand there is of course.

PROPANE NIGHTMARE
Lmfao that's great.

The weird thing is I was just listening to Propane Nightmares by Pendulum...
To add more gold to that fantastic piece of work-
http://jojosbizarrevoices.tumblr.com/post/89078651655/propane-nightmare

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
So I started reading Part 4, and so far my favorite new Stand is Bad Company. I'd love to have that!

Lovely Mixture

Jul 12, 2011
Silver Chariot and Highway Stair, ultra fast with cool techniques.

Sean Hollyman said:
So I started reading Part 4, and so far my favorite new Stand is Bad Company. I'd love to have that!
Like this one also.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010

I love coming into a random thread to find that not only do I not understand anything that is being said, the way it is written makes it sound like a completely different language! :S

SGT_Noobnuts

May 30, 2014
Elementary - Dear Watson said:

I love coming into a random thread to find that not only do I not understand anything that is being said, the way it is written makes it sound like a completely different language! :S
I can sympathise. You're probably thinking "Why are all these guys talking about bands/albums/songs? Stands? Why are they talking about furniture? And what in God's name is 'MUDA' supposed to mean?!"

Basically if you're into anime you HAVE to see this. It is among the greatest things ever put to manga and animation as a whole!

Kyber

Oct 14, 2009
Death 13

I like the design and the concept, too bad his chapter was lacking, I think it could have been better if the stand user would have been someone maybe a bit older.

The idea of attacking someone in their dreams is so cool, and I think they could have gotten a lot more out of it if they would have gone a different way with the stand user.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
SGT_Noobnuts said:
Elementary - Dear Watson said:

I can sympathise. You're probably thinking "Why are all these guys talking about bands/albums/songs? Stands? Why are they talking about furniture? And what in God's name is 'MUDA' supposed to mean?!"

Basically if you're into anime you HAVE to see this. It is among the greatest things ever put to manga and animation as a whole!
Yeah basically This... JoJo is quite... Bizarre! But in a good way!

syaoran728

Aug 4, 2010
SGT_Noobnuts said:
Fappy said:
ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA!
MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA MUDAAAAA!!!!

ARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARI

Arrivederci!

SGT_Noobnuts

May 30, 2014
syaoran728 said:
SGT_Noobnuts said:
Fappy said:

ARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARI

Arrivederci!
Well....might as well wrap it up

VOLAVOLAVOLAVOLVAVOLAVOLAVOLAVOLAVOLAVOLAVOLAVOLAVOLAVOLAVOLAVOLAVOLVOLA

VOLARE VIA!

Jolly Co-operator

A Heavy Sword
Mar 10, 2012
I've only read through part 3, so I only have one series of stands to choose from. That being said, I pick Osiris. It's not that his power is my favorite, it's just that I love the scenario he put the protagonists in. I love the idea of the non-violent one nearly beating them, and the bluff used to beat him was surprisingly intricate. Jotaro didn't just act confident in his cards, he had Star Platinum bring him drinks and other such small things while D'arby wasn't looking, just to make him think that there was a chance that he might have changed his hand. To top it all off, raising the ante to force D'arby to tell them about Dio's stand if he lost was brilliant. He knew the regard that Dio was held in by his followers, and he knew that the stress of agreeing to potentially betray him would get to D'arby.

Not only that, but it made excellent use of Jotaro's personality. I didn't like Jotaro as a main character nearly as much as I'd liked Joseph (although, to be fair, it's pretty damn hard to be a more likable protagonist that Joseph), and I didn't care for his cold, emotionless demeanor, which was in contrast to the emotional sincerity and expressiveness of Jonathan and Joseph. This scenario was perfect for him. His quiet yet imposing demeanor was perfect for a poker game, and even better for the bluff.

Although the OP didn't ask for it, I'm going to list my least favorite Stand. I hate to say it, but it's Silver Chariot. I like his design, and I like Polnareff; in fact, I think he had some of my favorite fights in the series. However, it doesn't feel like Silver Chariot's abilities bring much of anything unique to the group. He's fast, and incredibly precise . . . just like Star Platinum, who also has the benefit of incredible strength. Sure, we're told that his sword can cut through just about anything, but off the top of my head, the only time I remember that really mattering is when he fought Abdul, and used his sword to slice through his flames with ease.

EDIT: I should probably specify, when I'm referring to D'arby, I mean D'arby the Gambler, not the Gamer. I know it probably became obvious as soon as I mentioned poker, but I figured I should still clarify that.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Jolly Co-operator said:
Although the OP didn't ask for it, I'm going to list my least favorite Stand. I hate to say it, but it's Silver Chariot. I like his design, and I like Polnareff; in fact, I think he had some of my favorite fights in the series. However, it doesn't feel like Silver Chariot's abilities bring much of anything unique to the group. He's fast, and incredibly precise . . . just like Star Platinum, who also has the benefit of incredible strength. Sure, we're told that his sword can cut through just about anything, but off the top of my head, the only time I remember that really mattering is when he fought Abdul, and used his sword to slice through his flames with ease.
But then Silver Chariot goes on to become one of the coolest looking Stands later on.

I'm getting near to the end of part 6 now and Killer Queen is still my favorite

Jolly Co-operator

A Heavy Sword
Mar 10, 2012
Sean Hollyman said:
Jolly Co-operator said:
But then Silver Chariot goes on to become one of the coolest looking Stands later on.

Looks pretty cool. Spoiling as little as possible, when does it happen?

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Jolly Co-operator said:
Sean Hollyman said:
Jolly Co-operator said:

Looks pretty cool. Spoiling as little as possible, when does it happen?
Somewhere towards near the end of Part V ;)