Favorite Magic the Gathering card?

pantsoffdanceoff

Jun 14, 2008
gmer412 said:
pantsoffdanceoff said:
That one card that if it directly attacks the users points you win automatically.
That would be Phage. http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=40545

Dang ninja'd. Oh well.
SmilingKitsune said:
pantsoffdanceoff said:
That one card that if it directly attacks the users points you win automatically.
Phage the untouchable, my memorey is great when it comes to things like this.
Wow good knowledge on both your parts. Damn, I wonder where my cards are....

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
fenrizz said:
bue519 said:
Sorry, I'm too busy hanging with friends (that are real).
Now that is just uncalled for. There's no need to be rude.
Now children for a important public service anouncment. Don't feed the Trolls, that is all.

SmilingKitsune

Dec 16, 2008
pantsoffdanceoff said:
Hehe, this thread caused me to root out my cards too.
Here's another favourite of mine.
I can just stare at that picture for ages.

Syntax Error

Sep 7, 2008
Ranthus said:
Mycosynth Lattice + Broodstar( http://magiccards.info/mi/en/31.html ) + 2X Cranial Plating( http://magiccards.info/5dn/en/113.html )
Having created a Broodstar Deck myself, I can safely say that having a Lattice is overkill. At the time of Mirrodin (before Artifact Lands were banned), if you have an Affinity deck (be it the Broodstar or Arcbound Ravager kind), you can kill most enemies within 5 turns. My Broodstar's fastest kill was second turn, when I was experimenting with Paradise Mantle for sources of Blue mana. Factor in Ornithopters and Cranial Platings in the mix, and you have one veritable air force (with the addition of Cranial Plating, it wasn't rare for me to have 10/2 Ornithopters by turn 3).

Syntax Error

Sep 7, 2008
SmilingKitsune said:
pantsoffdanceoff said:
Hehe, this thread caused me to root out my cards too.
Here's another favourite of mine.
I can just stare at that picture for ages.
Any of the five major Dragons of the Champions block has that effect. My personal favorite is Ryusei:
Kinda reminds me of Leventhan from Odin Sphere.

EDIT: I'll give a cookie for anyone who can point me to a wallpaper of Ryusei.

TheDoctor455

Friendly Neighborhood Time Lord
Apr 1, 2009
A tie between Zombie Master and Royal Assassin. Okay, I know what the Zombie Master looks like on most cards (tribal leader), but on mine its an old mage in a dark cowl that has now become a zombie.

SmilingKitsune

Dec 16, 2008
Syntax Error said:
Any of the five major Dragons of the Champions block has that effect. My personal favorite is Ryusei:
Kinda reminds me of Leventhan from Odin Sphere.

EDIT: I'll give a cookie for anyone who can point me to a wallpaper of Ryusei.
I have all the dragons except the island one.
There's a nice enough wallpaper of him on the first page of google pictures, just put in "ryusei the falling star", I would post it here but it just appears so small it would be a bit useless.

Ranthus

Mar 7, 2009
Syntax Error said:
before Artifact Lands were banned
I had absolutely no idea about this until I read your post...looked this up and found the Arcbound Ravager + Disciple of the Vault(bro used to have that till he learned it was banned) were banned at the same time...we REALLY don't pay attention to what's going on in magic...

Drake the Dragonheart

The All-American Dragon.
Aug 14, 2008
cptjack42 said:

BRUTE FORCE FTW!
Darksteel Colossus 11/11 indestructible, and my friend's green deck could pull it out so fast, still having nightmares over that.
I like Magetta the Lion. the nuke everything card.
The cheese stands alone. or any of the unglued/unhinged cards. I really like Old Fogy.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
RAKtheUndead said:
Rednog said:
RAKtheUndead said:
Goblin Warchief, Goblin Piledriver, Siege-Gang Commander. See a theme going through that?
Throw in foodchain and watch hilarity ensue.
I'd be more of a traditional Goblin player if I could afford the cards. Unfortunately, the cards I need would run about ?500 - they include old double-lands and other expensive cards. There's a reason why the cards are so expensive - a well-made Goblin deck can be very impressive in Legacy.

Used to own a Goblin Recruiter, though. That thing was a blast; pretty much just "pay 1R: stack your deck".
I guess I was lucky to play when Magic first came out and got my hands on alot of nice cards, I stopped playing like 7ish years ago because it became too hard to upkeep, I tried coming back in Kamigawa but certain cards made the traditional goblin deck a pain, thought occasionally I play with my friends who are still active and faceroll them since I do own the traditional goblin foodchain deck (double lands and all). I was going to sell it a while back with all the rest of my cards but I kept the deck because I busted my ass getting almost all of them signed.

RagnorakTres

Feb 10, 2009
My favorite has got to be Pillory of the Sleepless.
<spoiler=Pillory of the Sleepless: Enchantment--Aura, Guildpact, White/Black>http://askthejudgemtg.com/guildpact/pillory_of_the_sleepless.jpgWhich is worse--the sleep which never ends or that which never comes?

Of course, I also love the White Samurai Legendaries, probably because the best deck I have at the moment is a Soldier/Samurai Red/White with Green, Artifact and Enchantment options. Needless to say, I have won several games with that deck. I'll spoiler a list if anyone wants to know all of the cards.

Syntax Error

Sep 7, 2008
SmilingKitsune said:
I have all the dragons except the island one.
There's a nice enough wallpaper of him on the first page of google pictures, just put in "ryusei the falling star", I would post it here but it just appears so small it would be a bit useless.
Thanks. Too bad it's not high-res (or wallpaper resolution for that matter).

Ranthus said:
I had absolutely no idea about this until I read your post...looked this up and found the Arcbound Ravager + Disciple of the Vault(bro used to have that till he learned it was banned) were banned at the same time...we REALLY don't pay attention to what's going on in magic...
It's just too bad that it happened before I could play at a tournament. My Deck at the time wasn't teribly expensive, but it could beat out most other decks in the metagame at the time with relative ease. I'd have a bigger pile of dead bodies if I had a set of Shrapnel Blasts.

Drake the Dragonheart said:
Darksteel Colossus 11/11 indestructible, and my friend's green deck could pull it out so fast, still having nightmares over that.
I like Magetta the Lion. the nuke everything card.
The cheese stands alone. or any of the unglued/unhinged cards. I really like Old Fogy.
Tooth and Nail a Kiki-Jiki and a DSC. Watch your opponent's face get plastered with his palm.

kommando367

Oct 9, 2008
Folk medicine, I have 3 of them in my "False demise" deck, those things saved my life on numerous occasions.

levelone

Apr 17, 2009
the only reason I field a non- red deck:

Phage the Untouchable

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=40545

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
The ultimate "FU!" card.

Prolly theres others but...yeah
Scariest creature ever!

But a personal favourite gotta be:

The lore text just reeks of awesome

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
I haven't played in forever but the my favorite three cards are

Library of Leng
Land Tax
Land's Edge

in combination a game can end fairly quickly.

Also I don't know if any of these cards are still allowed.

Doc Theta Sigma

Jan 5, 2009
RagnorakTres said:
My favorite has got to be Pillory of the Sleepless.
<spoiler=Pillory of the Sleepless: Enchantment--Aura, Guildpact, White/Black>http://askthejudgemtg.com/guildpact/pillory_of_the_sleepless.jpgWhich is worse--the sleep which never ends or that which never comes?
Damn I've been ninja'd. Pillory of the Sleepless has been my favourite for quite a while but my other favourites are:

Jaws of Stone:

Howl of the Night Pack: