Favorite non video game game

huntedannoyed

Apr 23, 2008
I like Chess and Darts too. Poker is great as well. And I'm always down for drinking games. Oh, I don't like Boxing, but I like movies about Boxing.

Mnemophage

Mar 13, 2008
I had a lot of fun back in the day with Call of Cthulhu, but once the group disintegrated I haven't been able to find two people who actually live near me who play it. Damnit!

Other than that, Balderdash and Pictionary. I love being a writer during Balderdash; I once defined the word "klaberjass" (ironically enough also a card game) as "explosive indigestion" and caused riotous laughter all round :D

defcon 1

Jan 3, 2008
holy crap, this thread is back! I forgot to mention a few.

Scrabble wins!

Also forgot to mention Games Workshop's LOTR? well... I use to play it until I found out I'm the only one who does. If you play the game, you have my utmost respect.

I made a game where we make our own character and It's surprisingly fun. It rips off of Madlibs a bit. The character is unknown, so the first person ask a question and the next person answers the question then follows up with another question.

person1: Favorite music?
person2: System Of A Down, where do you live?
person3: Tarsonis, what was your most "oh shit!" moment?

It's at that point I want to either stab person2 or follow up by making the character look bad when my turn comes back around, but that's part of the fun. At the end we try and draw him.

Frybird

Jan 7, 2008
I like Carcassonne. Fast, easy to understand and a nice mix of luck and resource management.

But i really despise Catan. Not only that a single game takes like eternally (Over 3 hours for a single round, last time i played it), but the whole trading thing just annoys me to death..

Choukou

Jan 23, 2008
The settlers of Catan. Any Munchkin game. Any sort of tabletop RPG. Most board games.