Favorite OBSCURE Movie

Grimheart

Sep 24, 2009
I would have to say, Repo! The Genetic Opera. don't hear of a lot of people who have seen it

jakkuss

Mar 21, 2009
the american astronaut.
it's got a dance contest, a birthday boy, cloning, and even the Boy-Who-Once-Saw-A-Woman's-Breast (it was round and soft, now get back to work.)
and it's a musical

Woem

May 28, 2009
I'll go for Das Experiment, the original movie of the The Experiment remake. Or [REC], which got remade into Quarantine.

Haberley

Sep 11, 2008
Go on then, I hope these are obscure enough for you people...

Salute of the Jugger (everyone should see this!)
Oldboy (although looking at the comments, this doesn't seem to be that obscure...)
Mirrormask
A Matter of Life and Death
Survive Style 5+

justblues

Jan 11, 2009
Idiocracy was an awsome movie yet few people know of it.
bloods vs wolves (and yes i did just watch it cause of the title)
ginger snaps (thought the wolf looked awsome)
and the zapped movies(because back then people knew how to have fun with upskirts and nudity)

those are my top four obscure movie

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
Chiefmon said:
What is your favorite OBSCURE movie? Movies that most people haven't seen or movies that are just really weird. i.e. Don't say "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix", say something like "Dodgeball" or "Cabin Fever".

Mine is "Shaun of the Dead" and "The Fifth Element".

AND "Smallpox: 2001"
Far Cry...
Seriously though... I'd have to go with either Boondock Saints or In Bruges.

wewontdie11

May 28, 2008
God damn it half the people in this thread must have no idea what the word obscure even means.

Most of these are big cinema releases.

Mine is Jesus Christ: Vampire Hunter. Although that may not be so alien to a lot of you as it has gained notoriety through the interwebz, I have only found one person in real life who had any idea what I was talking about.

I'd like to think Dead Snow is pretty obscure too. Good film though. Very reminiscent of Evil Dead except with a higher budget. And Norwegian.

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
xxhazyshadowsxx said:
As for Zombie Strippers: I've only seen it once. And it was awesome.
You should try Zombies Zombie Zombies! It's set entirely in a strip club, and the chicks get their tits out before they're dead.

Also;
Samurai Armageddon: Reborn from Hell
Surf Nazis Must Die!

tristow

Sep 25, 2009
Here?s my five
Twelve Monkeys
Equilibrium
Demolition Man
El mariachi & desperado (once upon a time in Mexico was the sequel to these movies)

UberMore

Sep 7, 2008
Cpt_Oblivious said:
Chiefmon said:
"Dodgeball" or "Cabin Fever".

Mine is "Shaun of the Dead" and "The Fifth Element".
None of those are oscure. Seriously.

My favourite obscure movies are:
  • The Butterfly Effect - I've only met 2 people who've heard of it.
    Zombie Strippers
The Butterfly effect was cack!!!!!!

Oh, that allows me to put, "The Butterfly Effect".

Lamppenkeyboard

Jun 3, 2009
I haven't really heard of anyone seeing it, so I would suggest Ben Hur. Only because very few people (if not only my dad when he showed the movie to me) have mentioned watching it. The movie had a MASSIVE production. It was one of those movies from 60 years ago where they wanted something larger in scale than most movies made today, so they had like, at least 500 fully costumed extras on screen at any give time. Although people seem to have forgotten about it.

Big Lebowski was hilarious, I think it is more "cult classic" than obscure though.

Another one I would suggest that very few people have seen would be "Grave of the Fireflies". It is a anime movie about the death of a brother and sister after their village was destroyed in a WWII air raid (the film opens with the death of the brother, so no spoilers are in effect). It is quite depressing, I even cried a bit when I saw it.