Favorite opening song in a Tv show/Cartoon/Anime

RavingPenguin

Engaged to PaintyFace
Jan 20, 2009
black lincon said:
Is it wrong that I have that song on my Ipod?

also, I also liked the opening to FMA brotherhood, the first one, and the current opening to one piece, I don't know if it's still current, I just switched to the manga.
Good heavens no, its one of my top 5 most played songs.

black lincon

Aug 21, 2008
RavingPenguin said:
black lincon said:

also, I also liked the opening to FMA brotherhood, the first one, and the current opening to one piece, I don't know if it's still current, I just switched to the manga.
I actually have some of that series on the DVD, I got the first one as a special edition and got all the songs, there FUCKING AWESOME!

Aardvark

Sep 9, 2008
Venture Bros. One of the single greatest opening themes of any TV show in the history of Mankind.

I'll also put a vote in for Metalocalypse, merely because it's one of the only themes on DVD that I won't skip through, no matter what.

RavingPenguin

Engaged to PaintyFace
Jan 20, 2009
black lincon said:
RavingPenguin said:
black lincon said:

I actually have some of that series on the DVD, I got the first one as a special edition and got all the songs, there FUCKING AWESOME!
*seething in jealousy*
Good for you :) <-- forced smile

But seriously thats pure awesome. The only thing special edition I got the soundtrack for was BlazBlue.

black lincon

Aug 21, 2008
azurawolf said:
this --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdfhjWBLVzg
You don't even kid about that. that single clip has single-handedly given one piece it's bad reputation, 4kids usually screws up, but they pulled out all they're suck to screw up so bad as to ruin an entire series in a couple minutes.

ObnoxiousTwat

Sep 28, 2008
Death Note's second season opening song. Gotta love Japanese Meatal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcVGj-sdXw8

Et3rnalLegend64

Jan 9, 2009
TaborMallory said:
So much anime... One has to wonder why there isn't an anime section all for itself.
Yes, one does wonder. It'd probably start a call to make separate forums for every other form of media though.

ajb924 said:
Super Driver is good, no doubt, but I've become quite attached to an English fandub of "Bouken Desho Desho?" Shame it's only the length of the intro and not the full song.

KarumaK

Sep 24, 2008
Tenchi had some good ones.
Bebop busts mad beats.
DBZ rocked the dragon.
Kirby: RIGHT BACK AT YA!
Digimon the first one.
Outlaw Star's was outstanding.

Too many choices...

Wildrow12

Mar 1, 2009
tenlong said:
fist of the northstar op 1 you wa shock of the top of my head.
This.

As well as the funktastic 2nd opening:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0umpeN2uJbY

TaborMallory

May 4, 2008
Et3rnalLegend64 said:
TaborMallory said:
So much anime... One has to wonder why there isn't an anime section all for itself.
Yes, one does wonder. It'd probably start a call to make separate forums for every other form of media though.
I don't think so, considering how huge the topic of anime is. Hell, my little sister has more than 200 episodes queued in her list of shows to catch up on.
Of course, not to mention the posters, movies, T.V. shows, books, music, costumes, conventions... The list goes on. Anime is huge.

A Defecating Dog

Aug 5, 2009
All of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei's intros kick ass. Daydream Rumba is the best one though. It was really trippy in the OVA...

Also, this doesn't really count, but I listening to Die ************ Die by Dope while watching the K-ON intro made it, like, 10x more awesome.

Arisato-kun

Apr 22, 2009
My favorite OP for a currently airing show is this.

But I'm also quite partial to this one as well.

This has got to be my favorite though.

ajb924

Jun 3, 2009
Et3rnalLegend64 said:
TaborMallory said:

ajb924 said:
Super Driver is good, no doubt, but I've become quite attached to an English fandub of "Bouken Desho Desho?" Shame it's only the length of the intro and not the full song.

Better then the official dub, but i am very attatched to the japanese version of Lost my Music and God Knows.