Favorite robots

Demolition_Human

May 11, 2013
What it says on the title. It can be any robot, from simple tin robots to advanced mech suits, to intelligent androids, it can even be cyborgs because they sort of count. So what are your favorite robots?

One of my favorite robots is Grimlock from Transformers. I mean he is a robot that transforms into a fire-breathing T-Rex! How awesome is that!?

Another fave robot of mine is Liger from Zoids. it had some cool armor modes making for unique attacks! :D

EstrogenicMuscle

Sep 7, 2012
The one and only. How could I not mention Hatsune Miku?

The android diva from the future where all songs are lost. Thank you Miku, for traveling to this alternate reality earth.

What is amazing is how few people actually know Hatsune Miku's backstory that and she is canonically considered to be an android. Nonetheless, definitely one of the most famous gynoids ever.

Demolition_Human

May 11, 2013
EstrogenicMuscle said:
The one and only. How could I not mention Hatsune Miku?

The android diva from the future where all songs are lost. Thank you Miku, for traveling to this alternate reality earth.

What is amazing is how few people actually know Hatsune Miku's backstory that and she is canonically considered to be an android. Nonetheless, definitely one of the most famous gynoids ever.
Wow, I never really knew about that, thanks for that interesting fact about Miku! :D

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Welp, time to ninja a good chunk of the future posters:

Other than the obvious, I think I'll also throw a vote on Beast Wars Silverbolt:

He was always my favorite character in Beast Wars.

Arakasi

Jun 14, 2011
The only good answer to this question is Dr. Klein from Fallout New Vegas: Old World Blues, lobotomite!

That whole group of robots are the best robots ever, nay, maybe even the best characters ever.

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
Legion from the Mass Effect series:

Can't really pass him up considering he singlehandedly destroys all notions you had of the Geth beforehand. It was also due to him that my original plans on how to deal with the Reapers was changed in the end of ME3. I just couldn't let the Geth die after he sacrificed himself for all of them.

Also, there's Cyborg from Teen Titans:

Along with being sort of more reserved comic relief character (compared to Starfire and Beast Boy), many of the most interesting episodes focused on him. Season 3 was one of my favorites for his conflict with Brother Blood.

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
ED-E from New Vegas. I realize he pretty much just floats around and beeps, but he's still somehow endearing. I think it's his battle theme.

Also have to say Marina Lightyears from Mischief Makers. Gotta admire the bot that's strong enough to just shake all her problems to death.

gritch

Tastes like Science!
Feb 21, 2011
Definitely going to go with Aigis from Persona 3 and Persona 4 Arena for this one.

A badass shadow killing machine dressed up as a typical high school girl. For a robot she had a surprising amount of character development.That and every time I see her I think of the fan made parody, "She goes for a Walk".

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
ED-209

The ultimate killbot/stairmaster.

He's also the scariest robot ever.

MorganL4

Person
May 1, 2008
wombat_of_war said:
daleks.. bringing terror to people and kids hiding behind couches for 50 years :)
Technically the robot portion of the Dalek is just the outer shell.... The Dalek themselves are organic, and can be killed.

This guy is definitely MY favorite:

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Danm so many ninjas (Grimlock, Legion, Ghost in the Shell)!!!

In saying so I know who to ninja next! HK 47!

Not only is he a killing machine but he has a sharp tongue too!

Daniel Ferguson

Apr 3, 2010
Bender, Legion, Silverbolt, Dinobot, the robot from the Robin Sparkles videos, Liberty Prime, the android from Batman: Brave and Bold (he says "Observation:" before many lines), and there was one other but I can't remember for the life of me.

BanicRhys

May 31, 2011
I'm gonna be original and say Fuck-bot 5000

Of course, the Doctor is actually my favourite robot if any artificial life form counts as a robot.

Fuck, what am I saying?

Galletea

Inexplicably Awesome
Sep 27, 2008
Chibi Robo

Look at him, he's adorable. And his sole purpose is to tidy up and make you happier.
I think a lot of robots are far too complicated, I much prefer the simpler less human types.