Favorite Side Quests

rakdosleader

Aug 15, 2008
who dun it quest was the shit. I saved at that spot so I could kill them in so many different ways.

Selm333

Aug 29, 2008
wewontdie11 post=9.72648.769796 said:
I really enjoyed the side quest you had to do for Sheogorath in Oblivion to get the Wabajack Staff. Gotta love any quest that involves you making it rain cats and dogs and bring about symbols of the apocalypse.
Yeah. That was my favorite too.

Stalkingtiger

Sep 28, 2008
Lvl 64 Klutz post=9.72648.769810 said:
Tetra Master in FFIX was so addictive, I've still never collected all the cards, and I've played through that game a dozen times. When I played FFXI, I think I spent more time with Tetra Master Online than the actual game. Actually, FFIX had a ton of awesome side quests, another reason I love it so much, I suppose
Sasha Janre post=9.72648.769322 said:
Maet post=9.72648.767743 said:
I thought the Chocobo sidequest in FFIX was excellent, but I feel I'm in a minority saying that.
Oh, no way, man! Chocobo Hot & Cold stole my soul when I first played. Just .. so addictive.

For my own vote, I'll have to say the Fort Condor sidequest in FF7. I hated it at first, but as I got older and as I replayed it, it was a lot of fun. That, and getting Vincent. That's considered a sidquest, isn't it? Lost# always kicked my ass a few times around the Shinra mansion before I beat it. Always satisfying. ^_^
Yea I think for sidequests on a final fantasy 9 was the best even though Blitzball is awesome too until you get so uber powerful and never lose lol

Corven

Forever Gonzo
Sep 10, 2008
throw me in with all the people who said the dark brotherhood side quests in oblivion actually I liked the thieves guild side quest as well.

Zaleznikel

Sep 3, 2008
Well, it's not exactly a sidequest as much as it is a bonus mission, but Another Day in The World Ends With You was pretty funny. "Must resist... emo urges!"

pieeater911

Jun 27, 2008
I would have to say doing all of the Dark Brotherhood quests in Oblivion. Is it sad when the assassination side quests are more fun than the main story line?

The apocalypse quest for Sheogorath was also quite Hilarious.
"Oh noes! It are rainig teh flamnig doogs!!!1!1!"

That, and I loved restoring HK-47's memory in KOTOR. He is hands down one of the funniest characters put into any video game ever.

Good morning blues

Sep 24, 2008
The actual quest ended up being pretty boring, but the one in Oblivion where you have to rescue the artist from inside his painting was inspired. It's probably my favorite side quest ever based purely on originality.

ward.

Aug 6, 2008
Getting into the ancient dwarf stronghold in arcanum, really the closest thing to a "wtf" moment I've ever had as well.

Mogif

Sep 25, 2008
Dropping a unconscious dwarf in a barrel of a tall wall. It was damn funny.

Jul 14, 2008
Indigo_Dingo post=9.72648.770864 said:
The Biggoron Sword in Ocarina of Time. It actually made me feel good to figure out who wanted what, and who could help me. It was very satisfying, also, the number of people whose lives you ended up improving in doing so.
This is the one I was going to say :)

Sasha Janre

Apr 30, 2008
Stalkingtiger post=9.72648.770361 said:
Lvl 64 Klutz post=9.72648.769810 said:
Tetra Master in FFIX was so addictive, I've still never collected all the cards, and I've played through that game a dozen times. When I played FFXI, I think I spent more time with Tetra Master Online than the actual game. Actually, FFIX had a ton of awesome side quests, another reason I love it so much, I suppose
Sasha Janre post=9.72648.769322 said:
Maet post=9.72648.767743 said:
I thought the Chocobo sidequest in FFIX was excellent, but I feel I'm in a minority saying that.
Oh, no way, man! Chocobo Hot & Cold stole my soul when I first played. Just .. so addictive.

For my own vote, I'll have to say the Fort Condor sidequest in FF7. I hated it at first, but as I got older and as I replayed it, it was a lot of fun. That, and getting Vincent. That's considered a sidquest, isn't it? Lost# always kicked my ass a few times around the Shinra mansion before I beat it. Always satisfying. ^_^
Yea I think for sidequests on a final fantasy 9 was the best even though Blitzball is awesome too until you get so uber powerful and never lose lol
Speak for yourself! I sucked at Blitzball. I managed to not be horribly beat by the Luca Goers, then never went near it again. XDDD;;;

Oh! I forgot the Shopkeeper's friendship rating sidequest in "The World Ends With You". At first they're all snobby/indifferent to Neku then when you get them up to 100% they want in Neku's pants (such as the Bel Airplane lady that wanted a piece of that billionaire jailbat ass). The exception was Makoto ("Mik" who runs Shadow Ramen) who looks like MORTIFIED everytime Neku comes in, with his "plz dun raep me" face XD <333

Dommyboy

Jul 20, 2008
The Oblivion Dark Brotherhood side quest; Whodunnit. Best played with a low sneak level.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
The moment I got a chance to off Valen Dreth, I actually laughed out loud as I fired the arrow. Maniacally. To the point where my wife seriously considered having me committed. That ranks right up there with the greatest gaming moments of all-time.

Blayze

Dec 19, 2007
Reekwind from Planescape: Torment. Ah, the story of the Alley of Dangerous Angles...

Parattchi

Sep 25, 2008
My favourites are from Morrowind and Oblivion.

Oblivion:

The Dark Brotherhood missions in general, but especially Whodunit? and Accidents Happen (the one with the minotaur head. I just like that for some reason)

Through A Nightmare, Darkly - You must go into a Mage's dream and find the pieces of his shattered mind.

I forget the quest name - You have to go inside a painting to find a painter and his magical brush, fighting Painted Trolls along the way. So bizzare.

The two 'secret' quests (that I know of) - These quests aren't quests per se, as they don't aqppear in your journal. They are interesting though and give you good loot. The first is the Horror Of Dive Rock. When you go to Dive Rock in the far NE corner of the map, you'll find a campsite there, with a book talking about two Nords hunting the Uderfrykte Matron (an Easter Egg referring to Bloodmoon). Close by is the Matron, a big half-invisible Troll. Kill her, and you get a powerful bow.
The second one is a treasure hunt in Pale Pass. You can find a chest (or barrell....some kind of container) with a note in it, something about stealing a ring from a warlock or something. You also find a key. What follows is a treasure hunt here you must find the chests hidden around Pale Pass and eventually find a powerful ring.

Also, all the Daedric god quests are interesting. I like collecting all the artifacts, just for bragging value.

Morrowind:
Again, treasure hunting. There's a huge number of unique artifacts that you can find. In my old game I found every single one, and put those that I wasn't using in my stronghold's vault.

The courtship side quest with the Khajiit woman in Ebonheart are nice. Not exiting mind you, just a nice change of pace.