favorite spells

Rack

Jan 18, 2008
Reverse Gravity from old school D&D even though it's never had a satisfying computer game interpretation (odd as it should be pretty simple to code). Wormhole from City of Heroes is just insanely hilarious when you discover the range involved. Teleport a group of enemies either a mile off into the horizon or even better a mile directly above you? Fun fun fun. Singularity was amazingly brilliant pre-nerf as well.

Random Fella

Nov 17, 2010
Telekinesis in Skyrim was so much fun
You could throw food at kids and no one would give a shit

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Playing in ToR has me really missing my Shadow/Dark/Demon knight roots. So I am really missing Snare and drain spells. Specifically originating in Everquest also miss my Harm Touch for that matter.

LilithSlave

Sep 1, 2011
Quite clearly this:

Crud, there's no a decent video of Magus casting Dark Matter on youtube. What is wrong with people?

Is it gonna have to be me, that does this?

Killertje

Dec 12, 2010
Meteor from Final Fantasy 7 (not any other FF's). It basically pwns the world.

Slow fall from WoW mages. I've made many people fly off the map with it in certain raids and every single time its very funny for 9/10 people.

Pestilence from MtG. Sure you can attack me with your army, I'll take 6 damage, oh and your entire army is dead and you also take 6 damage.

Damien Black

May 19, 2011
Thunder Storm from magicka, with tron robes on.

Does massive electric damage randomly to all creatures on the screen. Fun times: tron robes cause electricity damage to heal you instead.

Ranorak

Tamer of the Coffee mug!
Feb 17, 2010
skywolfblue said:
Heroism - World of Warcraft

The RaugaragaRAH! sound combined with everyone getting bigger just makes that spell really fun.
Random Trivia time.
That RaugarageRAH sound is from Warcraft 2, when Ogres could cast Bloodlust.
always love that sound, was happy to see it in WoW

sapphireofthesea

Jul 18, 2010
NOVA (in any form)
I am just a crazy mage and do like to be in the thick of things. Also, in my days you did run out of mana fast/spells not effective, so you were always close to bads anyway, at least with nova you gather a group and kill them together.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
Lectori Salutem said:
Armageddon, from the Ultima series.
MWUHAHAHAHAHAHA
Armageddon is cool, but I find cooler to use Mondain's Skull
boy is that shit outrageous XD

That One Six

Dec 14, 2008
Offworlder said:
I can't remember what it was called, but it was in Golden Sun. Basically, a huge sword just flew down from the sky and did mass damage, it was pretty badass.
That's the Gaia Blade's unleash. I forget the exact name, but it doesn't hold a candle to the Sol Blade's Meggido.

And, now that I think of it, the ultimate Golden Sun: The Lost Age summon, Iris, is a pretty awesome spell. You can't even get it until you've almost beaten the game, but it summons a goddess to throw your enemies into the sun. What could be better?

Captcha: Scentc Velocities - the speed at which Iris throws your foes into the sun.

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
I love the Gravity spell from DA2 that slowed everything down.
Love the Sparks spell in Skyrim, makes me feel like a Sith.
Love the Blademasters spells from WC3 he was a bad ass, same as the Mountain Kings.

somonels

Oct 12, 2010
Vague - It's kind of hard to nail down. Um, it- it's not so much what it does, effects wise, so much as ... um.. yeah, I have no idea.

MintberryCrunch

Aug 20, 2011
Infernal Wrath from the original Fable. Watching a bunch of guards run up to an eight foot guy in full dark plate and hit him to no avail, then a moment later watching them suspended in mid air with a bolt of energy going through them and hundreds of 10 damages appearing in the bottom left of the screen, always gave me a warm feeling inside.
Fuck that Divine Fury or whatever it was, stupid bloody light side people...

GlorySeeker

Oct 6, 2010
I would say Fungus Amongus, from the Mongrel class of Gladius. Silliest animation for a spell ever, and it wasnt half bad.

Then again, theres always Glyph of warding and Sanctuary. Speaking in terms of 3.5 and lower.

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
Fog Breath in Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne... it's the best debuff spell I've ever come across. All enemies' agility and accuracy is reduced tremendously. I have enemies with normally high stats missing every attack. The only problem is, it costs a lot of MP.

Fireball in Skyrim - the bestest destruction spell yet. It can hit multiple enemies to deadly effect. Frost Trolls - gone in a few hits! Soldiers - obliterated!

ConstantErasing

Sep 26, 2011
Wouldn't you know it. The time I actually get asked something like this I can't remember any of the spells from my favorite games. Well out of the ones I can remember:

Ultima from FFVI: So overpowered. Hits all enemies all the time and hits for max damage even at lower levels. Combine that with the celestriad (which reduces all mp usage to one), the soul of thamasa (which lets you duel cast), and quick (which lets you take an extra 2 turns), and a little girl could take out 7 boss dragons at once in pretty much one turn.

Extension from Tales of Phantasia: This was just fun to spam. Sure it burned through tp like nobody's business, but it hit all enemies for massive damage and looked pretty cool.

Ice barrage from Runescape: An evil spell. Hits all spaces around the target, freezes them for 20 seconds, and does pretty good damage to boot. Of course I always seemed to be the one on the receiving end of it, but, hey, it was still cool (no pun intended).

The black planet pins from The World Ends With You: Not sure if this one counts, but whatever. The ultimate offensive set. All the pins do immense damage, have nasty side effects, and their uses can be chained for some pretty brutal combos. If Black Saturn were a better recovery pin it would be perfect. Admittedly they were pretty tough to get and don't do shit if you don't have them all, but "When six darklit planets align..."

All the Rex spells from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance: In this case its really just cause they look cool. Yeah they were powerful and all that but by the time you had them so was absolutely everything else so it wasn't that big of a deal.

Jihad from Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey: Does massive almighty (non elemental) damage
to all opponents and lowers all their stats by one (which was a big deal in this game).