Favourite accomplishment in your gaming career

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Killing Kael'thas Sunstrider in WoW for the first time, before he got nerfed.

Best. kill. EVER! No more raiding for me now though.

Also, killing the entire counter-terrorist team (16 people) in CS:S on my own with a combination of straight up Rambo action, knifing, sniping and grenades. Best. online match. EVER!
Aylaine said:
Being able to break gaming addiction and go back to the real world. The great one ever for me.
If the real world wouldn't suck so much I would spend more time in it. Living in the ass-end of nowhere and all with no-one around me who shares my interests doesn't make it very nice. Why would I even want to bother with this 'real world' you mention.... Ok I do want to get out...like, now.

MazzaTheFirst

Jul 1, 2009
FlameFromBeyond said:
mass effect 2 - everyone survived the suicide mission, first try... pretty good guessing on my part!
Nice, me too! What was more satisfying was completing Mass Effect 2 on insanity with everybody surviving second time through.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
Aylaine said:
Cowabungaa said:
Aylaine said:
Being able to break gaming addiction and go back to the real world. The great one ever for me.
If the real world wouldn't suck so much I would spend more time in it. Living in the ass-end of nowhere and all with no-one around me who shares my interests doesn't make it very nice. Why would I even want to bother with this 'real world' you mention.... Ok I do want to get out...like, now.
To me, the real world is more important. You can accomplish a lot in video games, but at the end of it all, what are you left with? :)

ColdStorage said:
Aylaine said:
ColdStorage said:
I've managed to get 3 Grand Valor Cross medals in KillZone 2, for those that don't know you get the medals online for being in the top 10 percent of players for a week, I use the Scout which is known as the weakest class and I only play 1 hour a day maximum.

Aylaine said:
Damn, I'd go outside but the real world doesn't look as good as Crysis.
I think that depends where you live. ;P
West London, its not the sort of place you go outside and think "wow, my graphics cards working well today"
Update your drivers.
You mean like "drink more beer", that makes everything pretty.

I completely approve of Aylaine's real world tech support.

9NineBreaker9

Nov 1, 2007
Going back and beating games I had trouble with as a kid, or... just beating games in general, because I leave far too many half finished. But some of my personal highlights include:

Beating Threads of Fate with both Mint and Rue. I WANT THREADS OF FATE 2! D:
Hitting level 80 on WoW. That was fun.
Beating Dead Rising's extended story mode. I had such problems with it the first time I played...
Beating Red for the first time in Pokemon Crystal. Just the revelation of Red blew my 10-year-old mind.
Getting Cid on Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. Easily 400 hours put into that game... getting Cid was something behind epic.
Getting Persona 4's true ending. I felt like such a badass for the rest of the evening... "You have welcomed SATAN into your heart!"
Trauma Team in general. I'm a Trauma Center fanboy, but Trauma Team blew me away. (I'm not an Atlus fanboy what're you talking about?)

Huh. Looks like I should get one of those "lives" at one point.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Aylaine said:
Cowabungaa said:
Aylaine said:
To me, the real world is more important. You can accomplish a lot in video games, but at the end of it all, what are you left with? :)
What I'm left with? Fun, no worries, and for multiplayer games; people who actually like what I like. Real life gives me exactly...nothing. Yup, nothing. When that changes I'll go outside.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Aylaine said:
Life doesn't change for you, it's sort of the point for you to go out and change it, make your own chances, and go forward. Methinks if you are serious about that, you will be waiting for change indefinitely. ;)
Oh don't remind me. I changed my life alright. Multiple times actually. Failed every time and am now worse off than when I started out. One has only so much energy and power to keep going, at one point the battery just runs out y'know. Now matter how hard I have fought for what I wanted, I always kept on loosing it and right now it's happening again. How on earth can anyone expect me to keep going.

Also, this might be a little bit too offtopic. I think it'd be more respectful to the people in this topic to continue in PM. That is, if you wish to respond at all, just PM me your response.

Dracovec

Apr 28, 2010
beat contra with only 3 lives..
got every achievement in oblivion
defeated alma the first time on hard in ninja gaiden..
there are more but im not going in to it lol :D

Nov 28, 2007
I'm only really good at rhythm games, so for my favourite accomplishments, it would be a tie between five-starring "One" by Metallica on GH3 Expert and beating "Caprici di Diablo" by Yngwie Malsteen on Rock Band Guitar Expert.

Blueruler182

May 21, 2010
I was playing a custom game on Halo 3 with a large group of friends, it was fast zombies. Well, I'm almost always the last survivor, and what we usually do in that situation is make the survivor as fast as the zombies. This was on Sandtrap, so I was the last, I was the fastest, so I'd go running around in the desert with a shotgun at the end, usually rack up 20 or so kills, and then die. Not this time! I had a shotgun and a sniper, so I depleted the ammo of those, picked up a brute shot and shotgun ammo, and went out again. Had to come back in and replace the brute shot with a BR, and went out again. Ran out of ammo with those and went back to get more before I died. The game had lost and gained at least twenty players (on and off), and I'd cleared a hundred points. Everyone else was pissed, I was elated.

Proteus214

Game Developer
Jul 31, 2009
I got a bunch, all of them have to do with WoW:
-Killing Vashj in patch 2.1.
-Killing Kael'thas patch 2.1.
-Killing M'uru before ANY nerfs.
-Getting a decent world ranking for killing Kil'jaeden.
-Getting "Realm First!" everything in WotLK.
-Participating in the US 10th kill of the Lich King.
-Topping my class charts on WMO for a few encounters (and actually remaining on top for a few weeks).

P.Tsunami

Feb 21, 2010
Oh, oh! I know this one!

Now, this is almost twenty years ago, but it was a massive accomplishment, as well as one of my bitterest childhood memories.

The game: Ironman's Offroad (Ivan "Ironman" Stewart's Super Offroad on Nintendo, I think) for PC. Me and two friends were playing that to death. And yet, whenever we came to the course that doesn't have walls, just flags to denote were to drive, we always messed it up. One fine weekend, I had a lot of time on my hands, and decided that course was going down. After a while, grinding through the courses, I finally got to the flag course. By this time, I was in a state of zen-like gaming. My game was on. I got game. And I finished the course, by a nosehair in front of the Ironman, winning.

The next part of the story is depressing. I wanted to prove that I had beat this diabolically hard stage, and hit promptly hit the pause button. This was before the time of cellphones, so I went down to our phone, on the ground floor, to call my friends up, inviting them to see. They show up. We go up to the computer. ...the screen is black. I panic as my friends start to laugh and mock me.

Turns out my dad, seeing the paused screen, assumed the computer had froze. He had turned it off.

C117

Aug 14, 2009
For me, it was when I first got further in Super Mario Bros. than world 3, simply because I hadn't played it for several years at that time, and it showed me just how much better I had become at gaming over the years.