Favourite album covers!

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Simple thread this one.

Show us your favourite album covers and tell us why.

I'll start us off with 'Somewhere In Time' because it

a) Has more easter eggs than Mass Effect 2, Skyrim and Arkham City combined.
Full list here: http://www.maiden-world.com/articles/somewhere-in-time-hidden-messages.html

b) Perfectly suits the gritty, sleek, then-futuristic sound of the record

c) Has Cyborg Eddie

d) Has a Blade Runner reference

e) Has the Tardis

Forgot to mention, please use spoiler tags on order to avoid slowing down the thread!

BathorysGraveland

Dec 7, 2011
This has always been a personal favourite of mine, the split between Graveland and Honor. The pagans celebrating while a church burns in the background. It has always had a sense of, greatness to it. It also just looks great as an artistic piece.

Marduk's Those of the Unlight has also always appealed to me. It just looks like an awesome, dark as hell interpretation of the (pre-film) Nazgul.

And finally, quite possibly my favourite. Bathory's Blood on Ice. The cover art is a visualization of the albums concepts, and has the contents of every song in visible art form. Really cool.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Of the ones I can think of right now, here are some of my favorites.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
a) Has more easter eggs than Mass Effect 2, Skyrim and Arkham City combined.
Ahhh but does it have more easter eggs than Destroy All Humans! and Destroy All Humans! 2 combined?

------

I always liked Ayreon's albums; they have that interesting fantasy-sci-fi artwork feel to them...

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
My favorite:

I know, I am being a little contrarian, but... it really is a great album cover. Simple, but memorable. Kind of like the White Album (which it was probably based after).

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Sober Thal said:
It was 1987. An eight year old Sober Thal saw his first bit of badass art work thanks to his older sister. Later on, maybe five years later, when he was able to listen to the album, he fell in love with a whiney voiced rock band named GNFNR...

EDIT: This thread is going to run like shit if people don't use spoiler tags.... just sayin.
And then they had to change it. At least it got left on the inside. Awesome, awesome cover.

John Nordstrom

Oct 3, 2011
One of my favorites has got to be Agalloch's Ashes Against The Grain. It's not the most colourful, but it's that fact exactly that makes the album art the perfect primer for the music contained therein; bleak, somber, yet artistic at times.

On the other side of the spectrum, we've got my favorite album cover for madness. Deconstruction by The Devin Townsend Project has the perfect album cover for the absolute insanity contained on the disc.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010

This... I don't know why, but I find it mesmorising! The artist is pronounced like: Fella, and his music is pure genius! This is one of my fav albums!

These album covers I also like! Some I bought because of the covers attracting my attention first!!

Vicarious Reality

Jul 10, 2011

Gmans uncle

Oct 17, 2011
either...
or...
with a special place in my heart for...

booker

Feb 25, 2011
It's truly a classic album, and is certainly memorable, beyond its cover and that one song about Jesus or something.

JdaS

Oct 16, 2009

'Nuff said.

Grew to absolutely love the subject matter of this amazing concept album when I saw the show live. The album cover is perfect.

I just love the idea of Guignol and Mischief Brew as pugilists and how their sounds converge to create the sweet science they do.

Amazing band. Amazing music. Amazing cover.

Love the band, love the album. But I had to give the cover a special mention for how terri-bad it is. The single ugliest album cover in my entire collection.

I could go on forever, really.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011

at one point, I had this as my wall paper. It was a fan made copy since I couldn't find the original big enough for my screen.