Favourite Developers of Yesteryear

Palmerama

Jul 23, 2011
A_Play_On_Words said:
Bullfrog and Black Isle, Squaresoft and Capcom, Troika (would that Arcanum could get the same love that Fallout did. I'd play a Magic/Steampunk FPS RPG any time they're ready to give me one. On, And V:tM BL, much Malk love to them for that.), LucasArts (when they made good games... and good Star Wars games, no less. I would give someone else's right arm to play a new X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter, even in an Ace Combat style.)
From one Arcanum fan to another (I too wish it got more recognition), there maybe an answer to your prayers! I saw this trailer earlier & it instantly reminded me of Arcanum! Check it out & let me know what you think!

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/debut-trailer-dishonored/729219

Stealth

Apr 14, 2012
I have alot of favorite devs of yesteryear that still are my favorites

IE: namco, square, nintendo, sega, konami, falcom

And more of recent years

IE: Image epoch, level 5, mistwalker, nis japan, sting, atlus

Lucem712

*Chirp*
Jul 14, 2011
Capitano Segnaposto said:
Lucem712 said:
We all have our favourite devs and publishers now, but we're not here to talk about that!

We're here to talk about our favourite developers that have either closed down, been eaten up by a publisher or just lost their heart somewhere along the way.

To kick it off, my favourite developer of yesteryear is 'Bullfrog'. Quality titles such as 'Populous', 'Theme Hospital', 'Theme Park', 'Syndicate' and so on. Unfortunately it was acquired by EA in 1995 and has since been completely adsorbed into another dev.
WHAT IN THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?!

You mention Bullfrog, yet you don't mention its greatest game series ever: Dungeon Keeper?!

You are bannished from the interwebs!

OT: Bullfrog, more importantly: Dungeon Keeper. Too bad it turned into the worst game evar with its new MMO :( It is basically World of Warcraft: Demon Edition.
Sorry, I never played 'Dungeon Keeper'. :\ Am I banished to the lower echelons of the internet community?